Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Dark Swan Rises / Dark Swan

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I have the impression that there is a bit more input from the actors in the Fan Celebration special than in previous years, and I like finding out about what they enjoy about the show.  I think it was nice touch to include some fan comments, whether we agree or disagree at least some fans were given a voice.  I wonder where they found them; anyone on this board want to fess up?

I already watched (someone linked the ctv airing in another thread) but it reminds me that I wish they would have done something more interesting with Zelena because I enjoy Rebecca...

Edited by gik910
  • Love 1

I have the impression that there is a bit more input from the actors in the Fan Celebration special than in previous years, and I like finding out about what they enjoy about the show. 

Yeah--I know it's their job, but it's always nice to know that the people you're watching like what they're doing..

But, I am getting the impression it's less "What do the fans think?" and more "What do the fans we agree with have to say?"

ETA:

Whether you agree with Captain Swan or not, it's been pretty obvious since season 3 that she wasn't just a conquest.  What the heck was that about?

Of course playing the Evil Queen was more fun.  It's the first time in months Ginny was given something interesting to do.  Which is a shame.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 4

Whether you agree with Captain Swan or not, it's been pretty obvious since season 3 that she wasn't just a conquest.  What the heck was that about?

Right?!?!

I would say as soon as he got to Storybrook he started looking at her as more than a conquest.

Edited by gik910
  • Love 2

See- the writers can create a compelling love story! I love that Josh is a CS shipper too! It's good to had Dad's approval.

ETA: I just did a complete rewatch and forgot how much I hate commercials.  Watching this live might kill me.

Edited by gik910
  • Love 2

Ginny and Josh obviously have no illusions that season one was the best. Lol.

Plus, from their perspective, it was when they were given actually intriguing things to do;  I may not have liked Regina's version of David, but he was active and the  story was interesting.

It had to be more fun to go to work when you were pretending to steal things and argue, than when you carry around a doll and stand in the background.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

Really, that is the favorite moment?  Don't get me wrong- I actually liked that scene but Robert Carlyle really has done much better work...

I generally like the costuming on this show but I was a bit let down with that dress.  I have seen far better reproductions.

Edited by gik910

Really, that is the favorite moment?  Don't get me wrong- I actually liked that scene but Robert Carly really has done much better work...

Agreed, I think there were many other scenes that were much more interesting and emotional than that one

After watching only the first few minutes (I had to load the dishwasher and rotate laundry) it appears that have pretty much confirmed that we will only be seeing Disney fairy tales. I'm not surprised, just disappointed. There is such a wealth of fantastic literature that they could use.

• Love 3

And, seriously, they had to include the "It's okay to have an affair, Regina!  It's totes okay!  I did!" scene?  That was hopey?

And "Awesome messages for our young female fans?"  

You guys haven't really thought about the ramifications of some of these storylines, have you?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 5

They're picking out very general questions. Makes it easier for everyone to participate in answering, I guess.

Also, easier to answer than "How do you deal with the uneven writing and characterization?" or "Why do you think every storyline eventually seems to revolve around Regina?  As a nonRegina actor, are you okay with that?  Why/Why not?

• Love 5

Oh noes- Regina has to do something for someone else!  

Also- no. Just because someone reforms does not automatically mean they deserve a reward and that path is far longer than they have shown on this show (especially with the scope of her crimes).  I just can't with this...

Edited by gik910
  • Love 3

The specific questions are about Regina :)

Well,

"There's just so many people that it's like, it's sometimes hard to do that story and sacrifice Regina's story. That's just showbiz." —Edward Kitsis

"Regina deserves happiness." My ass.

And if they redeem Zelena, I'm done with this show.

Yeah, if the show is focused on the characters and things the special is?  I might be done anyway.

So, it's 6:54.  They finally decided to focus on Emma.  Huh.  Cool.

Oh, wait.

This is about Regina, too.  Yay.

• Love 5

Wait a minute!  It's 6:56.  That's all the Emma we got?  Seriously?  That was like 1minute and 15 seconds.  What?

There is no fucking way that doorway scene is an actual Emma fan's favorite scene.

That depends, I think, on if you're an "Emma" fan, or a "Regina's in love with Emma and deserves her, after Emma's groveled enough" fan.

Or, if the point isn't "Fan favorite" but "Who's actually going to be important in Emma's upcoming Dark Swan storyline?"

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2