Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Robert Carradine/Terrell Owens

In the fourth-season finale, Robert Carradine leaves behind his secluded, off-the-grid island life with his family and swaps places with Terrell Owens, who lives in a sprawling Los Angeles home and devotes much of his time to working out.

Wow, that was interesting.  Does Terrel understand that people who LIVE on an island are not "on vacation?" 

I wish this show didn't emphasize the "complete opposites!"  thing, because it seems like they overdo it, make the families play up the contrast between the two lifestyles.  

• Love 2

Is there any reality show that Terrell hasn't been on? I'm surprised he hasn't tried to be a Real Housewife or a Teen Mom. Does he think these reality shows are a career?

Time to get a JOB.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Is there any reality show that Terrell hasn't been on? I'm surprised he hasn't tried to be a Real Housewife or a Teen Mom. Does he think these reality shows are a career?

Time to get a JOB.

Totally agree. I must say, though, that T.O. still has a slammin body, and I'm sure he can still play football. Too bad he's an idiot who burned every bridge he ever crossed in the NFL. Why doesn't he do a Brett Favre and coach a high school or a Pop Warner team? Of course I could imagine him "showing" the kids how to play football and dominating every practice with his showboating.  

And I love how T.O.'s son had no idea who Robert Carradine and his "famous family' were. Robert could have explained it to him, realizing that the son is from a completely different generation, rather than let him flounder on-camera.

It's like when people you don't really know walk up to you and say, "Hi, Topanga. It's me." Expecting you to remember who they are without throwing in, "I'm Cory. I met you last month at the Previously TV meet-up." Okay, maybe I should remember. But chances are, I don't. Help me out, please.  

Edited by topanga
  • Love 4

I do think that Robert Carradine's wife and daughter enjoyed the hotel life for those few days.  That is one small island!  You could still live the island life and have a few of life's luxuries. 

• Love 2

This episode was one that was too played up for me. There's no way the Carradine's live on that island without a phone or internet access, and only "live off the land" like they were alleging. She made beans and rice for dinner, and they didn't grow those there.

I didn't think that TO ate separately from his family as much as they suggested, but this morning read this article where TO's wife started a bit of a Twitter war over him being on the show without her, so it was even faker than I picked up on.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/09/t-o-s-wife-upset-he-is-on-wife-swap-with-another-women/

All-in-all, I liked the families. That's always nice. I expected much more showboat behavior from TO, but he toned it down.

• Love 3

At first I thought TO's family was going to be rude, especially the his lady friend.  After watching it, I liked them more, especially his son.  It has to be hard for him that people only want to be friends with him because of his dad.  I hope Robert's daughter isn't living on that island with them all the time because that is not healthy for her.  She needs to be around people her own age and in society.  She has no one to talk to other than two people.

Unless they have a boat that takes them to the other island to buy the toilet paper, beans, rice, etc. they are using the internet/phone and stuff.  My question too is, do they have plumbing because the bathroom was in the house wasn't it? 

• Love 3

The divorce takes a nasty turn.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/05/revenge-of-the-nerds-star-psychotic-breakdown-wife-car-crash/

Here's the text from the article:

"Revenge of the Nerds" star Robert Carradine admits being in a psychotic state when he slammed into a semi-truck head on that nearly killed him and his wife ... but he claims it's HER fault because she cut off his meds.

Robert says he experienced acute psychosis after his estranged wife, Edith, cut off his bipolar Rx ... still, she implored him to get behind the wheel the day of his horrific March 2015 crash.

In the divorce docs, obtained by TMZ, Robert says his downward spiral began after his brother David's death in 2009. He says he was eventually diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

We broke the story ... Edith filed docs saying Robert confessed to intentionally driving into the semi-truck to kill them both.

As for their beef over money ... Robert says she blew the $70k they made off an appearance on "Celebrity Wife Swap."

The documents include a proposed settlement but Edith wouldn't sign, in part because they disagreed over the sale of Robert's gun collection. She wanted to use the money from the sale of his guns to pay her attorneys, and she also feared he'd use them to hurt himself.

Sad. I rewatched this ep recently, and it seemed like the Carradines Loved one another. 

A number of couples have split after being on the show. I’m not sure if the divorce rate is higher than average, though. 

On 9/3/2015 at 8:51 PM, Christina said:

I didn't think that TO ate separately from his family as much as they suggested, but this morning read this article where TO's wife started a bit of a Twitter war over him being on the show without her, so it was even faker than I picked up on

Their Twitter war was bitter and childish. 

• Love 3