Type keyword(s) to search

Tobias: And You Thought YOUR School Days Were Hard?

• Start Topic

He's short. He's fat. He has very bad skin. Bullies target him, and when the dead are rising up and eating people, nobody listens to his warnings. Is he a red shirt, destined to be a zombie next time we see him? Or will he join the main group, where his combination of tech savvy and informed paranoia will serve well? Is Eugene from TWD his uncle, or just the sperm donor that gave rise to him?

In a sea of terrible characters, this one at least could be fun. I hope he stays around a while.

• Love 7

He's the only one onscreen with a clue.  I hope he escapes to a mountain hideout with fertile fields to grow food and lives a long, happy life there.  I'd hate to see him get killed.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 3

What I'm kind of hoping is they treat him like Jonathon, in the early seasons of BtVS. Never actually with the main group, but always popping up in the background, almost having horrible things happen but being just lucky enough to keep escaping when the monster gets distracted or whatever.

• Love 1

His mom might step in and protect him. She used to be a huge fan of "Xena," to the extent that she even named her son after the donkey that Gabrielle purchased in "A Solstice Carol." When the shit hits the fan, she will take her sword, leather armor, and chakram out of storage, and start flipping around kicking some serious zombie ass.

• Love 1

I've seen several people in different threads say Tobias is their favorite to date; however, I have a sneaky feeling we've seen the last of Tobias for a while, if ever.  That last words between Tobias and Maddie were telling, however:

Maddie: Will you be okay?

Tobias: Yeah - will you be okay?

Maddie: <pause> yeah.

Then Tobias turns and the camera follows his back as he shuffles away, leaving us with the reality of a knowledge which Maddie does not yet share: in all probability she - and We - will never have the opportunity to know if Tobias will be okay, now or in the future.

• Love 1

He's short. He's fat. He has very bad skin. Bullies target him, and when the dead are rising up and eating people, nobody listens to his warnings. Is he a red shirt, destined to be a zombie next time we see him? Or will he join the main group, where his combination of tech savvy and informed paranoia will serve well? Is Eugene from TWD his uncle, or just the sperm donor that gave rise to him?

In a sea of terrible characters, this one at least could be fun. I hope he stays around a while.

You can use old dried stains to create babies?  I'm guessing the only sperm donation or sample gotten from Eugene either is out of an old pair of underwear or ringing out a 'used' kleenex/napkin.

I've seen several people in different threads say Tobias is their favorite to date; however, I have a sneaky feeling we've seen the last of Tobias for a while, if ever.  That last words between Tobias and Maddie were telling, however:

Maddie: Will you be okay?

Tobias: Yeah - will you be okay?

Maddie: <pause> yeah.

Then Tobias turns and the camera follows his back as he shuffles away, leaving us with the reality of a knowledge which Maddie does not yet share: in all probability she - and We - will never have the opportunity to know if Tobias will be okay, now or in the future.

Just so long as no one gives him a walkie to listen to at dusk (or was it dawn?) every day.

• Love 4

Things I like about Tobias;

-appreciates the true nature of the danger.

-is paying attention to the crucial details hiding in the news and elsewhere.

-is attempting to prepare for the coming crisis

-is willing to aggressively defend both himself and others against zombie attacks

Things I don't like about Tobias;

-mopey

-brandishes a tiny knife

-understood the importance of big cans (of food), but still left big cans (of food) behind.

-Willingness to defend is compromised by a lack of fighting skill, including wise equipment selection. Seriously, the big cans would have worked better on principal zombie than the tiny knife.

• Love 4

Good ol' Tobias showed how sensible he was in several ways but mostly when he and Madison became the apples of Artie's discolored eyes.  As soon as Artie came back through the doors Tobias immediately started looking for a way to escape while Madison tried to create the completely unnecessary lines of communication and dialog with Artie. 

Good ol' Tobias, while trying to escape, showed his wisdom then as well.  While Madison was whining, "Can you hear me Artie?"  Tobias answered, "He can't hear you.  You know he can't hear you."

Good call, Yuggapukka.  Big cans (of food) are always important and handy to want to keep around, ZA or not.

I don't know why, but I have this horrible feeling that we'll see Tobias again towards the end of this season's finale.  Either about to get eaten, getting eaten, or they see him shtambling down the road as they are escaping LA.  Would love to be wrong, but remember what Daddy Salazar said last week; "The nice ones are always the first to die".

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1