Type keyword(s) to search

Past Plots Discussion: Whatever Happened To...

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I figure actors hopefully talk beforehand what makes them comfortable vs what doesn't when it comes to that sort of thing.

This is why Hunter Tylo's claim of SN hitting on her sound ludicrous to my ear. Both of MBE and SN's spouses never had problem with the nature of their work. MBE's husband even attend the SOD award show with a pic of Steve's headshot to cover his face lol. Didn't Stephen also personally stopped portrayer of first Jack from harassing MBE with Drake? That being said, there were some other cases of well-respect soap icons were accused by fellow colleagues. Cady McClain called John McCook out for groping her. Brenda Dickson accused Bill Bell Sr. for sexual misconduct. It really depends on the person, I guess.  

On 10/26/2023 at 9:12 PM, brisbydog said:

Been watching 1990 episodes all week.  Today I encountered Justin sounding just like Xander, telling Isabella that no matter what he's done for Victor it will never be enough, and he's walking away from him (mind you he was naming one of the twins after him 2 episodes later and hugging him). Thought it was interesting that he had the same struggles as the rest of the clan. He was also mourning Alex at this juncture as Angelica had faked his death. I watched Victor finding out he's Isabella's dad and the aftermath. Very different vibe. He's nicer to his girls.

Other thoughts:
-the writing for Jack was sublime and Matt was so good. His scenes with Stephen Nichols are amazing 
-Staci Greason as Isabella was luminous. Such a shame she quit acting. I'll always prefer her to Marlena 
-I had forgotten Julie tanked Nick Corelli's life and that's why he went bad overnight. Thanks Julie.

Yes Matt is a personality/character actor. I remeber someone posted vids of his Tom with Felicia in General Hospital, almost unrecognizable. 

Staci Greason takes her craft more seriously than Deidre Hall.  I am currently on episodes of 86, romance with John/Roman taking precedence over everything else and decline in Dee's acting ruins Marlena imo. At times, it felt like the writers tasked Drake to carry her and make things work. He wasn't like this with other onscreen love intrests. 

Edited by spookyseason
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I figure actors hopefully talk beforehand what makes them comfortable vs what doesn't when it comes to that sort of thing.

Linsey Godfrey said recently that Paul Telfer warns her if he is going to raise his voice and shout a line so she is prepared as he is so much bigger than her and can be intimidating 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, spookyseason said:

This is why Hunter Tylo's claim of SN hitting on her sound ludicrous to my ear. Both of MBE and SN's spouses never had problem with the nature of their work. MBE's husband even attend the SOD award show with a pic of Steve's headshot to cover his face lol. Didn't Stephen also personally stopped portrayer of first Jack from harassing MBE with Drake? That being said, there were some other cases of well-respect soap icons were accused by fellow colleagues. Cady McClain called John McCook out for groping her. Brenda Dickson accused Bill Bell Sr. for sexual misconduct. It really depends on the person, I guess.  

Yes Matt is a personality/character actor. I remeber someone posted vids of his Tom with Felicia in General Hospital, almost unrecognizable. 

Staci Greason takes her craft more seriously than Deidre Hall.  I am currently on episodes of 86, romance with John/Roman taking precedence over everything else and decline in Dee's acting ruins Marlena imo. At times, it felt like the writers tasked Drake to carry her and make things work. He wasn't like this with other onscreen love intrests. 

I didn't know this about Cady McClain and John McCook. When did those two work together?

20 hours ago, spookyseason said:

This is why Hunter Tylo's claim of SN hitting on her sound ludicrous to my ear. Both of MBE and SN's spouses never had problem with the nature of their work. MBE's husband even attend the SOD award show with a pic of Steve's headshot to cover his face lol. Didn't Stephen also personally stopped portrayer of first Jack from harassing MBE with Drake? 

It was the second Jack, James Acheson, that was removed by SN & DH after he was harassing MBE while she was pregnant with her first son.  

12 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

It was the second Jack, James Acheson, that was removed by SN & DH after he was harassing MBE while she was pregnant with her son

I heard at the time that it was the first Jack, Joseph Adams, who was fired for harassing MBE. The second guy was let go because he couldn't act

Little Max looked so cute with Steve and Kayla. 

Dose anyone know what happened to Robin's portrayer? She hasn't done anything since Days and no trace of any information related to her could be found either.

Rob Estes began his career on Days, What a pleasant discovery! MR was such a lucky lady to work with him and a lot of other attractive actors. 

P.S. He also made a guest appearance on My Sister Sam of which co-starred the young and primising Rebecca Schaeffer. She died tragically at the hands of a deranged fan because according to him, appearing in a love scene destroyed the "good girl" image in his mind.

Edited by spookyseason