Type keyword(s) to search

Past Plots Discussion: Whatever Happened To...

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree with you. Table for two for those that liked John with Isabella more than Doc! I did like the whole Chichen Itza arc because that was when the show actually had a budget to actually go to Mexico. The scenery was gorgeous.

I went there myself a few years ago so it was neat to re watch and know where they were. I really loved Isabella. I don't usually go for the "good" characters but she was so special. And her hair was to die for. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree with you. Table for two for those that liked John with Isabella more than Doc! I did like the whole Chichen Itza arc because that was when the show actually had a budget to actually go to Mexico. The scenery was gorgeous.

Add me to the list and also agree about the Mexico location shots.  Even though Bo/Carly were the focal point(seemed that way) I was more interested in John/Isabella.

• Love 2

She had an awful 2 years. First she is ditched for Marlena, then she dies. But her death meant something. I think Stacy knew they would vilify Isabella for Jarlena and wanted to leave with us still loving her. Wish I could find some of her ghostly appearances on YouTube. All I could find was the Satan one and that wasn't really her

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

She had an awful 2 years. First she is ditched for Marlena, then she dies. But her death meant something. I think Stacy knew they would vilify Isabella for Jarlena and wanted to leave with us still loving her. Wish I could find some of her ghostly appearances on YouTube. All I could find was the Satan one and that wasn't really her

Is that the one where they danced at the rooftop because I thought that was her. However the last couple years for her were really awful outside of giving birth to Brady who she had very little time with. The only carefree moments she seemed to have were with her besties Carly and Jennifer.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Is that the one where they danced at the rooftop because I thought that was her. However the last couple years for her were really awful outside of giving birth to Brady who she had very little time with. The only carefree moments she seemed to have were with her besties Carly and Jennifer.

The rooftop dance was in Venice right before her death. I know she came back a few times when Brady was struggling as a teen. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The rooftop dance was in Venice right before her death. I know she came back a few times when Brady was struggling as a teen. 

I could've sworn they danced on the rooftop at the loft or was that where she was really the devil?

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could've sworn they danced on the rooftop at the loft or was that where she was really the devil?

I remember her at the loft as a ghost much later. She touched John and he said "Izzy?". Don't recall dancing then. The devil stuff was brief and over Marlena's bed before she turned into a bad rubber demon 

Check out this 1982 clip of four women just having fun at a spa in a hot tub.

Per the tweet, it includes Marlena [who actually exhibits life here!], Trish, Gwen Davies, and Kayla Brady [the original Catherine Mary Stewart version!]. Roman and Don Craig come upon them and join in the fun. (Interesting that both men were married to Marlena at some point!)

Interestingly, Kayla talks about her brother, Marcus, to Marlena later at the hospital. Marcus, prior to his introduction, went from Marcus Aurelius Brady to...

Beauregard Aurelius Brady. Bo!

Abe is also in the clip. And Jake Kositcheck.

Nice to see these old clips. Had this version of Marlena still existed, I might have actually still liked her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This seems like the best place to put this. Does anyone ever completely blackout certain storylines that you know for a fact you watched? I was on one of those Remember the Past Days Twitter accounts and apparently around this time is when Philip proposed to Stephanie. I genuinely remember very little of Stephanie and Philip even though I remember what came before: Stephanie and Max and Philip and Morgan. And what came after: Phlilp and Melanie and Stephanie and Nathan.

I only really remember the Stephanie abduction and morgue storyline for Philip and Stephanie and I vaguely remember Stephanie working at Titan. I remember this was during the Kiriakis vs Dimera storyline. However, I don't really remember the two as a couple.

I was wondering if others have storylines they know they watched in its entirety, yet they don't remember, at all.

• Like 1
(edited)

Yes, frequently. I've watched every damn episode of this show since summer of 1997, yet every now and then someone will reference a story line from that time frame, and I'll be like, wait, that happened? I watched that? They dated? They were in a story together? Etc. 

LIke now with the new Von Lueschener (however you spell it) dude holding Kate on the boat. I've watched all the Beyond Salem arcs, and remember Billie and her tango dance with somebody, but I'll be damned if I remember that it was with this guy and that he was a big part of the story. And it wasn't even that long ago that it aired!

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, brisbydog said:

I did see an older clip online a year or so ago of current Rex (ex-Brady) having a visit from her.

7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I was wondering if others have storylines they know they watched in its entirety, yet they don't remember, at all.

I straight-up forgot until recently that Nicole married Rafe. And it happened what - a year ago? Like...I forgot how or when it started, when it ended, why it was even a thing...all of it.

Rafe is that boring.

It was kind of great.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I did see an older clip online a year or so ago of current Rex (ex-Brady) having a visit from her.

On 4/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, brisbydog said:

I remember her at the loft as a ghost much later. She touched John and he said "Izzy?". Don't recall dancing then. The devil stuff was brief and over Marlena's bed before she turned into a bad rubber demon 

She also came to visit EM's Brady after he locked Vivian in the sarcophagus. I remember SG doing an interview around that time about what an ineffective ghost she was because the scene basically went, "Brady you have to let her out." Brady basically says, "No." and Isabella basically says, "Oh. Okay. I tried my best." And returns to the afterlife. Those obviously aren't exact quotes, but the interview was hilarious and effectively summed up her scenes with Brady.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

She also came to visit EM's Brady after he locked Vivian in the sarcophagus. I remember SG doing an interview around that time about what an ineffective ghost she was because the scene basically went, "Brady you have to let her out." Brady basically says, "No." and Isabella basically says, "Oh. Okay. I tried my best." And returns to the afterlife. Those obviously aren't exact quotes, but the interview was hilarious and effectively summed up her scenes with Brady.

I love Staci. All her interviews are like that. She seems like such a cool person. Wish I had seen that but I was on a Days break those years. I last remember her visiting RexBrady when he was having a life crisis (don't recall which one)

• Like 1
(edited)

Hi I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, anyway here's the link to classic Days episode from 1990 and more years could be found on https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/days-of-our-lives-t43044.html under "Video Vault" section of Daytime Royalty. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ah1SoBMWMTDbI41hVFRxELW2pxXjXaMu

Just thought you'd be interested. (I know there are a lot of people who liked Rojohn/Isabella).

Edited by Guest
additional info
42 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Thanks!

You are welcome :D On a side note, when you are downloading episodes from for example Jan 1 to 5 of 1990, go to folder "1990-D-01 January 1-5" and then click "Video_TS" and choose which video you want to download. Otherwise the content would be missing. 

3 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

You are welcome :D On a side note, when you are downloading episodes from for example Jan 1 to 5 of 1990, go to folder "1990-D-01 January 1-5" and then click "Video_TS" and choose which video you want to download. Otherwise the content would be missing. 

This definitely helps. Thanks, again!

• Like 1
(edited)

Okay just started to watch Days episode from 1990 and caught a glimpse of Isabella, it's rather interesting to see that her character hung out with Jack a lot in the beginning not Roman. So I take it that pairing her up with Roman wasn't the original plan, right? Also, the flashback scenes with Victor and a younger Isabella raised ickness level, eww.  The implications that she had a crush on the man in her youth who turned out to be her father was super-creepy.  

Another interesting discovery was Satci G's adaptability. She only had a minor/negeligble role in a horror flick and never had done any scene of seductive/intimate/kissing nature prior to Days but was able to match Drake's prowess in those aspects. GF had great chemistry with him but tended to be perfunctory and reserve in those moments but SG wasn't at all. Perhaps Drake's charm rub off on her?

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Okay just started to watch Days episode from 1990 and caught a glimpse of Isabella, it's rather interesting to see that her character hung out with Jack a lot in the beginning not Roman. So I take it that pairing her up with Roman wasn't the original plan, right?

People with a better memory can share more about whether or not Isabella and Roman were the plan. 

But Jack and Isabella weren't the plan either.  Unlike now, when there's usually a love interest in mind when a new character is brought on, Isabella was brought on through her sister who died.  The secret of her paternity was her story. Jack investigated the mystery surrounding her and got her out of Bayview.  They became friends after that and the show really nurtured the friendship.  Even when they were with other love interests (and Jack was pretty attached to Jennifer), they still made time for one another.

• Like 5

I was watching a clip of Mary Catherine Stewart as Kayla finding out about "Marlena" (really, Samantha) being killed by the Salem Strangler. Man, it's a good thing Mary Catherine Stewart left. She looked too much like 1983 Kristian Alfonso and it would have been confusing especially given how many scenes together Kayla and Hope would have together by '86.

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was watching a clip of Mary Catherine Stewart as Kayla finding out about "Marlena" (really, Samantha) being killed by the Salem Strangler. Man, it's a good thing Mary Catherine Stewart left. She looked too much like 1983 Kristian Alfonso and it would have been confusing especially given how many scenes together Kayla and Hope would have together by '86.

Catherine Mary Stewart seemed a lot less...vulnerable...than Mary Beth Evans' Kayla. But of what I saw of CMS, she was still good in the role.

Although, another reason to be glad Catherine does not have the role now is it would be weird seeing her Kayla interact with Josh Taylor's Roman [not that Kayla interacts with her brother much now!] since CMS' Kayla and Chris Kositcheck [JT's first Days character] were a couple for a while!

• Like 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Catherine Mary Stewart seemed a lot less...vulnerable...than Mary Beth Evans' Kayla. But of what I saw of CMS, she was still good in the role.

Although, another reason to be glad Catherine does not have the role now is it would be weird seeing her Kayla interact with Josh Taylor's Roman [not that Kayla interacts with her brother much now!] since CMS' Kayla and Chris Kositcheck [JT's first Days character] were a couple for a while!

Her Kayla lost her virginity to Chris..

CMS was wonderful as Kayla and I do wonder how she would have played the stories that Mary Beth Evans got as Kayla.  Her Kayla could be just as vulnerable as Mary Beth's.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Genie very abruptly quit the show due to dissatisfaction with her character. That left JohnRoman with no love interest and Isabella was just ramping up the Marina murder plot so I think it worked out. Initially he was investigating her for the murder but once she was cleared they were definitely testing the characters together going into summer 1990 and the Cruise of Deception

Staci was very natural and had great chemistry with Matt right off the bat and was lovely and warm with Jennifer. Compared to Genie who was a bit aloof and Dee who came back from the dead cold on screen, I always preferred Isabella with John.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 5
(edited)

I saw some old clips of Marlena from the late 70s and early 80s with WN's Roman and Jed Allan, DH was more much more lively, as opposed to the composed and seemingly distant version later on, and RoJohn on the other hand was full of life . It also didn't help that Drake appeared younger than his age and his character looked more like Marlena's little bother than the love of her life. LOL could you picture these two spending a day having fun with baseball playing or snow fighting or cooking then making out on the floor? 

Hmm I don't know if Isabella and Jack would have work as a couple because Staci and Matt shared friendly chemistry but not necessarily romantic/physical one. However I did see sexual tension between Diana and Jack that could lead to hate sex if TPTBs decided to go there. 

Have to say the sight of Victor touching younger women in an affectionate way was still cringeworthy. No offense to John Aniston, why did the writers try to make his character looked like a pedophile sometimes? 

By the way, I never knew Rick Hearst was on Days. I always think he started his career on Guiding Light. 

Edited by Guest

Isabella and Jack were always buddies. She pushed Jennifer towards him right off the bat 

Rick Hearst was wasted on Days. Thankless plots being with boring Faith and Eve who wasn't that into him.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Okay just started to watch Days episode from 1990 and caught a glimpse of Isabella, it's rather interesting to see that her character hung out with Jack a lot in the beginning not Roman. So I take it that pairing her up with Roman wasn't the original plan, right? Also, the flashback scenes with Victor and a younger Isabella raised ickness level, eww.  The implications that she had a crush on the man in her youth who turned out to be her father was super-creepy.  

Another interesting discovery was Satci G's adaptability. She only had a minor/negeligble role in a horror flick and never had done any scene of seductive/intimate/kissing nature prior to Days but was able to match Drake's prowess in those aspects. GF had great chemistry with him but tended to be perfunctory and reserve in those moments but SG wasn't at all. Perhaps Drake's charm rub off on her?

Sort of. When she first arrived in Salem it was because Jack tracked her down for a story she was raised as a Toscano but was really Victor's daughter(she didn't know it at the time). They definitely hinted at it in the beginning but J&J became more popular and then so did Rojohn/Isabella and just left them as friends. I vaguely remember them pretending to be a couple at some point(I recall them kissing). Not really sure they had a long term plan for Isabella tbh of course they had so many writers come and go during that time. GF mentioned it was a mess BTS and largely why she left and never wants to come back.

25 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Isabella and Jack were always buddies. She pushed Jennifer towards him right off the bat 

Rick Hearst was wasted on Days. Thankless plots being with boring Faith and Eve who wasn't that into him.

Of all the soap roles Rick Hearst had this was my least favorite of his. I mean it wasn't his fault but he didn't really fit either. They clearly had no idea what to do with him. He's Julie's other grandson but they act like he doesn't exist. Does he even know that he has a half brother and a niece and nephew?

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I saw some old clips of Marlena from the late 70s and early 80s with WN's Roman and Jed Allan, DH was more much more lively, as opposed to the composed and seemingly distant version later on, and RoJohn on the other hand was full of life . It also didn't help that Drake appeared younger than his age and his character looked more like Marlena's little bother than the love of her life. LOL could you picture these two spending a day having fun with baseball playing or snow fighting or cooking then making out on the floor? 

Hmm I don't know if Isabella and Jack would have work as a couple because Staci and Matt shared friendly chemistry but not necessarily romantic/physical one. However I did see sexual tension between Diana and Jack that could lead to hate sex if TPTBs decided to go there. 

Have to say the sight of Victor touching younger women in an affectionate way was still cringeworthy. No offense to John Aniston, why did the writers try to make his character looked like a pedophile sometimes? 

By the way, I never knew Rick Hearst was on Days. I always think he started his career on Guiding Light. 

Yeah, Rick Hearst played 20-something Scotty Banning, Julie's grandson and Alice and Tom's great-great-grandson. In hindsight, I can see why Scotty is no longer mentioned. When Scotty was on the show in the mid to late '80s, Susan Seaforth Hayes was only in her mid 40s.

Again, with a 20-something grandson, meaning, she had Scotty's dad, David, around 5 or so. And making Tom and Alice over 100! Sigh. Scotty was aged far too quickly.

If they brought him back, I could see the show pulling another Mike Horton and/or Sarah Horton, and de-SORASing to his rightful age.

It just also occurred to me, in writing this, that Scotty and Eli are half-brothers! Huh. Both had David as their father.

ETA: Edited to add an extra "great" to Tom and Alice! Because if Julie was Scotty's grandmother, Julie/Hope's mother, Addie, was his great-grandmother! Now, Tom/Alice being over 100 because of the SORAS does make sense, being Addie's parents...

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I always thought it was Dee's acting choice to make Marlena distant and cold to show how much she had changed due to her traumatic experiences that she dealt with both Stefano and Orpheus before she died. Not to mention being in a coma for 5 years..

Rumor has it that Dee was insecure about acting opposite Drake's Roman when she came back in 1991 because he looked so much younger than her so she wanted Wayne to come back as Roman and the rest is history..

• Useful 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Staci was around 26, Drake 37 and Dee 43 when Marlena returned. I felt that if Isabella had lived she would have got the Kristen treatment and villified to prop Jarlena

I know a lot of the fans like to say that but I doubt that Sherri Anderson who wrote briefly for RoJohn Marlena and Isabella would have done that to Isabella. I loved her writing for them.  She wrote Isabella's beautiful death. 

JER was the one who threw Kristen under the bus for Jarlena.  Eileen loved it and was bored to death with Kristen  when she was written as a traditional heroine.. JER had no idea how to write heroines. He made Carrie so passive boring and weak..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/8/2023 at 5:26 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Sort of. When she first arrived in Salem it was because Jack tracked her down for a story she was raised as a Toscano but was really Victor's daughter(she didn't know it at the time). They definitely hinted at it in the beginning but J&J became more popular and then so did Rojohn/Isabella and just left them as friends. I vaguely remember them pretending to be a couple at some point(I recall them kissing). Not really sure they had a long term plan for Isabella tbh of course they had so many writers come and go during that time. GF mentioned it was a mess BTS and largely why she left and never wants to come back.

Of all the soap roles Rick Hearst had this was my least favorite of his. I mean it wasn't his fault but he didn't really fit either. They clearly had no idea what to do with him. He's Julie's other grandson but they act like he doesn't exist. Does he even know that he has a half brother and a niece and nephew?

It did seem the introduction of Isabella to Salem was "purely accidental" because TPTBs bar Shelly Curtis thought SG wasn't "pretty enough" (no kidding) to be a daytime heroine. Thanks to the courtesy of SC, Staci G got a recurring role of two weeks (Izzy B was only suppoed to be a short-term character) and then the other producers changed their minds and Isabella became a regular on the show. 

Speaking of RoJohn/Isabella, it was fasinciating that their very first interaction in Maimi felt like a light-bulb moment - the chemistry was quite strong and foreshadowing, yet they barelly cross paths in the first couple mouths of 1990. 

Didn't Days pursue GF because of her star power? Perhaps I was wrong but her storyline other than Orian/Cal Winters stuff was okay and she actually to learn sign language along with Drake and SN and MBE and CC. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:05 PM, Pearson80 said:

I always thought it was Dee's acting choice to make Marlena distant and cold to show how much she had changed due to her traumatic experiences that she dealt with both Stefano and Orpheus before she died. Not to mention being in a coma for 5 years..

Rumor has it that Dee was insecure about acting opposite Drake's Roman when she came back in 1991 because he looked so much younger than her so she wanted Wayne to come back as Roman and the rest is history..

I remember reading an article that the producers of Days felt threatened by Brad Bell sr's new approach put Y&R to 1st place in the ratings, so they approached Dee H and gave in to her demand but the rating didn't improve. 

On 6/8/2023 at 5:58 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, Rick Hearst played 20-something Scotty Banning, Julie's grandson and Alice and Tom's great-great-grandson. In hindsight, I can see why Scotty is no longer mentioned. When Scotty was on the show in the mid to late '80s, Susan Seaforth Hayes was only in her mid 40s.

My jaw hit the floor when he called Julie "grandma"🤣 

Edited by Guest
missed a few word
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

It did seem the introduction of Isabella to Salem was "purely accidental" because TPTBs bar Shelly Curtis thought SG wasn't "pretty enough" (no kidding) to be a daytime heroine. Thanks to the courtesy of SC, Staci G got a recurring role of two weeks (Izzy B was only suppoed to be a short-term character) and then the other producers changed their minds and Isabella became a regular on the show. 

Speaking of RoJohn, it was fasinciating that their very first interaction in Maimi felt like a light-bulb moment - the chemistry was quite strong and foreshadowing, yet they barelly cross paths in the first couple mouths of 1990. 

I remember RoJohn looking at a photo of Isabella and calling her a "flaming beauty", then he was protecting her from Steve in full asshole mode demanding she give her mother's diary to Victor. That was in late 1989. Then they kicked off as a couple once he arrested her for Marina's murder.

I thought Staci was beautiful but they put her next to Hunter Tylo who was stunning. Once Marina was dead that comparison was over

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Speaking of RoJohn, it was fasinciating that their very first interaction in Maimi felt like a light-bulb moment - the chemistry was quite strong and foreshadowing, yet they barelly cross paths in the first couple mouths of 1990. 

Didn't Days pursue GF because of her star power? Perhaps I was wrong but her storyline other than Orian/Cal Winters stuff was okay and she actually to learn sign language along with Drake and SN and MBE and CC. 

I remember reading an article that the producers of Days felt threatened by Brad Bell sr's new approach put Y&R to 1st place in the ratings, so they approached Dee H and gave in to her demand but the rating didn't improve. 

My jaw hit the floor when he called Julie "grandma"🤣 

Yes GF was supposed to fill the void Deidre left behind when she left the show to do Our House. 

I liked Diana but at the same time the show really didn't know what to do with her either.  Still don't despite making her Leo's mother.

• Like 2

Can anyone give me the colesnotes version of the history of Gina/Princess Gina on this show?

I really haven't been able to understand it. They're separate characters right? Are either real, or both just alter-egoes of Hope's?

A rundown would be great. All I know is the brainchip version of PG from 2 years ago...which was just Hope brainwashed. Oh and that Princess G shot at Shawn D until he fell off a roof once in the 90s.

Thanks😆

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can anyone give me the colesnotes version of the history of Gina/Princess Gina on this show?

I really haven't been able to understand it. They're separate characters right? Are either real, or both just alter-egoes of Hope's?

A rundown would be great. All I know is the brainchip version of PG from 2 years ago...which was just Hope brainwashed. Oh and that Princess G shot at Shawn D until he fell off a roof once in the 90s.

Thanks😆

They're both real but the real Princess Gina is extremely old. Hope was her doppleganger.

It was convoluted like I said it would've been better had Hope given birth to Bo's child during those missing years but it was stolen and Bo/Hope try to find it. They slept together before her "death" I figured it was the inevitable conclusion there.

Also hated that Swamp Baby was retconned for a variety of reasons namely Billie blaming Hope knowing she lost the baby right down to showing her the corpse of the supposed dead baby(I think it was through mail) that part is fuzzy to me.

• Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They're both real but the real Princess Gina is extremely old. Hope was her doppleganger.

It was convoluted like I said it would've been better had Hope given birth to Bo's child during those missing years but it was stolen and Bo/Hope try to find it. They slept together before her "death" I figured it was the inevitable conclusion there.

Also hated that Swamp Baby was retconned for a variety of reasons namely Billie blaming Hope knowing she lost the baby right down to showing her the corpse of the supposed dead baby(I think it was through mail) that part is fuzzy to me.

I thought it was pretty obvious to me that Hope got pregnant with the writers that wrote her death.  JER who resurrected her and wanted to use her as an obstacle for his signature couple Bo/Billie would have never given Bo and Hope another child to bind them even more. I mean he did kill off Zack and resurrected swamp baby..

Billie wanted to ruin Hope in Bo's eyes so she desecrated her own baby's grave and had her remains mailed to her at the Kiriakis mansion.  What mother does that to her dead baby's grave just to settle a score..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Wow! That is vile.

So JER killed Zach and brought back Chelsea? Just to damage Bope?

6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ah ok, that explains the clips I saw online of her with white hair.

But didn't everyone call Hope "Gina" for a while, pre-Princess stuff?

Days plots aren't typically too complicated for me to follow, but all the Gina business was so, so convoluted. First, Gina was the name Hope used when she didn't remember who she was. (Where did the name come from, originally?) Then Gina referred to a real princess who used to work with Stefano and who out of pure coincidence was an aged double of the daughter of a Salem cocktail singer. Ok, sure. Then, after Shawn Douglas threw the princess off a balcony, Gina referred to an alternate personality of Hope who just thought she was the princess. Albeit, in a nice budget saving move, now the same age as Hope.

And don't get me started on Sleepy Time Hope, who was yet another non-Gina alternate personality that wasn't actually an alternate personality. 

Do I have all this right?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

Well, as far as Hope/Bo/Bille went, as often said, Reilly had...issues. I mean, he openly admitted to using Barbies and GI Joe dolls to play out his stories, and went on that diatribe in an interview about Bo/Billie not ever being able to split because they married in front of God.

As if other couples did not marry in churches - including Bo/Hope.

He clearly resented Bo/Hope for some reason.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious to me that Hope got pregnant with the writers that wrote her death.  JER who resurrected her and wanted to use her as an obstacle for his signature couple Bo/Billie would have never given Bo and Hope another child to bind them even more. I mean he did kill off Zack and resurrected swamp baby..

Billie wanted to ruin Hope in Bo's eyes so she desecrated her own baby's grave and had her remains mailed to her at the Kiriakis mansion.  What mother does that to her dead baby's grave just to settle a score..  

I knew the mail was involved yes it was grotesque.

• Like 1
On 6/13/2023 at 12:50 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks😆

Kristian played the following characters;

Hope Williams Brady

Gina (Horton): This is who Hope lived as during the 5 missing years. She is an alter of Hope.  Gina lived w/ Celeste at Maison Blanche. She had amnesia for many years. Once returned to Salem she actually lived as Gina Horton and became best friends w/ Billie.  

Princess Gina: During the 5 missing years Stefano would take Gina and brainwash her further to make her think she was Princess Gina Von Umberg.

Gina Von Umberg: The real Princess Gina, mother of Greta. Several years older than Hope. Revealed later in the storyline to be alive. Stefano kept her captive and replaced her w/ Hope during the 5yrs. Once she escaped, she locked up Hope and Stefano, had plastic surgery to appear younger and took over Hope's life. She did this to be close to Greta and John. She actually got over Jon and fell in love w/ Bo. She is the one who shot Shawn D on her wedding day. 

So Hope essentially had two alters; Gina and Princess Gina. Then Kristian eventually played the real Gina Von Umberg. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Guncle Adam said:

Days plots aren't typically too complicated for me to follow, but all the Gina business was so, so convoluted. First, Gina was the name Hope used when she didn't remember who she was. (Where did the name come from, originally?) Then Gina referred to a real princess who used to work with Stefano and who out of pure coincidence was an aged double of the daughter of a Salem cocktail singer. Ok, sure. Then, after Shawn Douglas threw the princess off a balcony, Gina referred to an alternate personality of Hope who just thought she was the princess. Albeit, in a nice budget saving move, now the same age as Hope.

And don't get me started on Sleepy Time Hope, who was yet another non-Gina alternate personality that wasn't actually an alternate personality. 

Do I have all this right?

....whaaaa...??

😄 Ok see, I thought I was mixed up about all the Ginas, but clearly, the show was too!

That is some messy stuff.

Well, as far as Hope/Bo/Bille went, as often said, Reilly had...issues. I mean, he openly admitted to using Barbies and GI Joe dolls to play out his stories, and went on that diatribe in an interview about Bo/Billie not ever being able to split because they married in front of God.

I shouldn't be surprised to read this, but I am. Weird. Where is this interview? Love to read it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

....whaaaa...??

😄 Ok see, I thought I was mixed up about all the Ginas, but clearly, the show was too!

That is some messy stuff.

I shouldn't be surprised to read this, but I am. Weird. Where is this interview? Love to read it.

I wish I could oblige, but I have tried to find it online with no success. I read all the soap mags back in the day, so I can't even remember if it was in Soap Opera Digest, Soap Opera Weekly [although those are the two likeliest!], Soap Opera Update, or Soap Opera Magazine.

But yeah...I distinctly remember him stating he would sit at home and use dolls to plan/play out his stories. He struck me as one weird dude.

And I do also recall he had apparently never met the Days actors [or rarely], preferring to only know them by the characters they played.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/14/2023 at 5:16 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Reilly had...issues.

That's putting it mildly.

For those who don't know he wrote some awful storylines especially for female, intersex and LGBTQIA characters on Passions which he created . Quite a few female characters were sexually abused and/or assaulted throughout the run of the show. He had one character who was intersex, SA'd their half sister more than once and had more than one incestuous relationship. That same character Vincent Clarkson also gave birth to their father's child after an actress who was playing a different character slept with him. Her character turned out to be Vincent's alter ego. Read the wiki I linked the whole saga is even worse than the part I described. Other actors on the show were disgusted.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/14/2023 at 5:20 PM, JBC344 said:

Kristian played the following characters;

Hope Williams Brady

Gina (Horton): This is who Hope lived as during the 5 missing years. She is an alter of Hope.  Gina lived w/ Celeste at Maison Blanche. She had amnesia for many years. Once returned to Salem she actually lived as Gina Horton and became best friends w/ Billie.  

Princess Gina: During the 5 missing years Stefano would take Gina and brainwash her further to make her think she was Princess Gina Von Umberg.

Gina Von Umberg: The real Princess Gina, mother of Greta. Several years older than Hope. Revealed later in the storyline to be alive. Stefano kept her captive and replaced her w/ Hope during the 5yrs. Once she escaped, she locked up Hope and Stefano, had plastic surgery to appear younger and took over Hope's life. She did this to be close to Greta and John. She actually got over Jon and fell in love w/ Bo. She is the one who shot Shawn D on her wedding day. 

So Hope essentially had two alters; Gina and Princess Gina. Then Kristian eventually played the real Gina Von Umberg. 

Ahhhhh - thank you very much. I see it now, as clearly as it can be seen.

The thing was, I kept seeing bits and pieces of all of this across like, five years or more of the show, so I just kept asking myself "how many flipping Gina's IS she?" LOL.

The clip of white-haired Gina (obviously the real Princess Gina now) lighting Stefano on fire to escape some castle makes more sense now. I was so baffled seeing that out of context. Like...if Hope is talking with Caroline at the Pub and being called "Gina" and treated like that's normal, then how did she become white-haired and trapped in a castle with Stefano? Huh? LOL. Now I see it better. Thanks!

So the legit older Princess Gina died at some point, I assume, after attempting to take over Hope's life probably?

Were there any more Princess Gina appearances in the last twenty years, prior to the Halloween episode riff by Ron and then the incredibly lame "Hope's brain chip has been reactivated!" Princess Gina/Time Jump nonsense?

Was it established in the 90s that Stefano brainwashed her using a brain chip...or was that added in 20 years later as a retcon because brain chips are Ron's favorite thing?

EDIT:

Jaded that is some messed-up stuff - wow! I'd heard there was an intersex murderer character on Passions, but that was all. Hadn't realized the extent of it. Yuck.

That show was garbage (to me) so I never paid it attention, but I suppose one could argue that Reilly was brave enough to portray an LGBTQIA character as a villain, back when they tended not to be portrayed at all?

Although I suppose trans characters were more typically seen as villains the few times they even appeared in mainstream media (Ace Ventura, Silence of the Lambs, etc), so maybe not...

At the end of the day, I wonder what is still fondly remembered about Passions in general, because it just seemed to be a show all about shock value and weirdness.

Edited by DisneyBoy
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhhhh - thank you very much. I see it now, as clearly as it can be seen.

The thing was, I kept seeing bits and pieces of all of this across like, five years or more of the show, so I just kept asking myself "how many flipping Gina's IS she?" LOL.

The clip of white-haired Gina (obviously the real Princess Gina now) lighting Stefano on fire to escape some castle makes more sense now. I was so baffled seeing that out of context. Like...if Hope is talking with Caroline at the Pub and being called "Gina" and treated like that's normal, then how did she become white-haired and trapped in a castle with Stefano? Huh? LOL. Now I see it better. Thanks!

So the legit older Princess Gina died at some point, I assume, after attempting to take over Hope's life probably?

Were there any more Princess Gina appearances in the last twenty years, prior to the Halloween episode riff by Ron and then the incredibly lame "Hope's brain chip has been reactivated!" Princess Gina/Time Jump nonsense?

Was it established in the 90s that Stefano brainwashed her using a brain chip...or was that added in 20 years later as a retcon because brain chips are Ron's favorite thing?

EDIT:

Jaded that is some messed-up stuff - wow! I'd heard there was an intersex murderer character on Passions, but that was all. Hadn't realized the extent of it. Yuck.

That show was garbage (to me) so I never paid it attention, but I suppose one could argue that Reilly was brave enough to portray an LGBTQIA character as a villain, back when they tended not to be portrayed at all?

Although I suppose trans characters were more typically seen as villains the few times they even appeared in mainstream media (Ace Ventura, Silence of the Lambs, etc), so maybe not...

At the end of the day, I wonder what is still fondly remembered about Passions in general, because it just seemed to be a show all about shock value and weirdness.

They wrote minority characters like they did everyone else. I will say that's something Passions got right they weren't treated like token characters at all.

The best character on that show was probably Julian Crane played by the late Ben Masters who could elevate just about anything on that show.

• Like 3