Type keyword(s) to search

Past Plots Discussion: Whatever Happened To...

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The last interesting kid characters were Ciara and Theo...and look what happened to them. Neither retained any of the traits they were initially given, thoughtfully and with clear purpose. Gosh, the writing a decade ago was so much better.

The same can be said for Allie as a kid.  Allie was going to be the good girl to Ciara's bad girl.. The show was setting up a rivalry between them as children and it never came to be for them as young adults.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I always thought JL looks better as a brunette. Crystal Chappell is a natural blonde but she looks better as a brunette.

JL was stunning as a blonde on General Hospital.  The show wanted her to stop dying her hair and go back to blonde when they wanted Theresa to look more like Kim during her last months on the show. I think Jennifer Lilley is the type of woman that can pull off any hair color because she is just that beautiful in my opinion.  She is a stunning redhead as well.  Alyssa Milano is another woman who can pull off any hair color. 

I have never seen Crystal as a blonde though. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1

As cheesy as some of the clips were, there were some gems as well, showing the magic the show once held, including the lightening in a bottle pairing of J &J. Jack showing up at the Hortons when Jennifer was engaged to Emilio. And even now, I was saying, “Ugh, go away, you stupid bag of hair” when Emilio just had to be right on Jennifer’s heels to pee on her leg when she answered the door just like I did back in 1989. They were the couple that hooked me, a die-hard CBS lineup watcher into switching to NBC at 1pm EST. 

I haven’t watched the show since it became obvious Matthew was going to be wasted once again. So I was very nostalgic watching those clips.

Kayla and Patch in the early days of their relationship and John still being Roman (I’m one who wished he had stayed as Roman) and let TPTB figure out something else for Wayne when he returned. Although then we wouldn’t have had the utter deliciousness that was John and Marlena’s affair, which really got sparked when Stella locked her up in the abandoned building and she started remembering her time with Roman but then more of her flashbacks were off John as Roman. Him sensing she was there and rescuing her just in the nick of time, culminating in their affair going full-blown physical on the plane. 

I watched a lot of their scenes and Jack and Jennifer and they still hold up. 

I also teared up at the scene where Victor tells Caroline Bo is dead. It’s especially poignant now that both Peggy and John are gone. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

They could, but I doubt they could afford a Salem High School set and the extras they'd need to have to make a believable school. I figured that was the reason why they brought in Allie and Johnny as Young Adults instead of teenagers.

Now that you mention it, you're probably right. Can't have an empty high school, now can we? And if I remember correctly, they did film on-location somewhere with lockers when they first showed us Claire, Theo, Chase and Ciara...but it didn't look like a typical Days set, and that made it strange. And then later they filmed the confrontation with Chase after the rape in a warehouse. It was like for a few weeks there, the producers were trying to mix things up with location shoots, but in weird ways.

It is scary to think of how many small details that used to make the world of Salem come alive are now likely too expensive to be employed again.

Horton Square used to be twice as long (remember the bridge with the stairs Nicole fell down after Jennifer "pushed" her), and business at the pub was always steady. You watch clips from the 90s and it's almost alarming how many people were stuffed into that set for the lunch rush, waiters and patrons alike. They even used to have weather, like snow, rain or even wind, on a regular basis. Not anymore.

Mostly, I just miss houses with multiple rooms. It was cool seeing the Horton diningroom set at Christmas (even though Gwen was in it) because that Horton set is always all livingroom, all the time. These grand houses used to seem like real houses...not sets.

For a kick, sometimes I watch clips of the grand masqued ball Stefano brought a captive Marlena to in Paris, where Kristen is all done up like Marie Antoinette in a massive dress and wig, surrounded by extras similarly costumed and wigged. And then outside the main expansive ballroom, Stefano walks through a huge garden, while Marlena runs through a long hallway in her eight foot wide gown. There was just so much SPACE! LOL

It's WILD what used to be common on this show...

The show wanted her to stop dying her hair and go back to blonde when they wanted Theresa to look more like Kim during her last months on the show.

Was THAT why that happened? I figured it was JL's personal choice...that after a certain period of time on the show paying their dues, the producers just let the gals have whatever hair color they prefer, as they've earned the right LOL.

She does look great in any color. Though I kind of question the logic there: if Days wanted to show a link between Theresa and her mother by having their hair match, wouldn't the better way to show a connection have been to allow Kim to refuse to permit her untrained daughter to essentially become a spy for the ISA and the sexual prisoner of her untouchable ex lover simply because her father couldn't find a better way to get dirt on him and have him arrested...?

Considering all the stuff Shane and Victor have been able to pull off in their lives (Victor having developed a fondness for Theresa by this point), they couldn't take out a putz like Mateo? They REALLY needed her to sacrifice her life and her dignity and go off with him, possibly to die?

...I liked the idea of her making a sacrifice for her family, but not one that drastic.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2023 at 11:30 PM, DisneyBoy said:

She does look great in any color. Though I kind of question the logic there: if Days wanted to show a link between Theresa and her mother by having their hair match, wouldn't the better way to show a connection have been to allow Kim to refuse to permit her untrained daughter to essentially become a spy for the ISA and the sexual prisoner of her untouchable ex lover simply because her father couldn't find a better way to get dirt on him and have him arrested...?

Dena wrote that stupid story.  There is no way that Kim with her past of being sexually abused would have allowed that to happen.  It would have been better if Theresa's machinations cost her her son and she leaves in shame. Brady would get full custody.  Kim and Shane would have fought tooth and nail to stop Victor from having any type of influence over their grandson.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Dena wrote that stupid story.  There is no way that Kim with her past of being sexually abused would have allowed that to happen.  It would have been better if Theresa's machinations cost her her son and she leaves in shame. Brady would get full custody.  Kim and Shane would have fought tooth and nail to stop Victor from having any type of influence over their grandson.

That would've been a better story tbh not sure if the actors would've been available for that. I mean Theresa wasn't exactly a saint as crazy as Kristen is she had a point when she said that how could you trust Theresa to carry a baby to term with her history with drugs etc.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:17 PM, Pearson80 said:

JL was stunning as a blonde on General Hospital.  The show wanted her to stop dying her hair and go back to blonde when they wanted Theresa to look more like Kim during her last months on the show. I think Jennifer Lilley is the type of woman that can pull off any hair color because she is just that beautiful in my opinion.  She is a stunning redhead as well.  Alyssa Milano is another woman who can pull off any hair color. 

I have never seen Crystal as a blonde though. 

She went blonde (or blonder anyways) on GL. 

image.png.73460f674e59f76e77b00cd7e64604e3.png

• Useful 2

In the most recent episode of Young Rock, they showed some scenes from Days back in the day, the scene where Marlena saw John's back and saw the dragon tattoo, and Rock's mother said, "John is the person who murdered Roman, Marlena!"

Edited by RedElf
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

I wish Days would take a week here and there and run genuinely classic episodes. I believe they’ve done that in the past on occasion. Since they have so many of the same actors on the payroll, they could even have one of them record a quick summary for context. “Hi, I’m Leann Huntley, and in this episode from 1985 Anna receives divorce papers from Tony, not knowing that he still loves her but wants to protect her from his family. If you’re a newer viewer you may not have met Anna’s friend Calliope before, but I like to think Calliope is why Anna doesn’t think Roman talking to an urn is all that weird,” etc.

Edited by Panopticon
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I wish Days would take a week here and there and run genuinely classic episodes. I believe they’ve done that in the past on occasion. Since they have so many of the same actors on the payroll, they could even have one of them record a quick summary for context. “Hi, I’m Leann Huntley, and in this episode from 1985 Anna receives divorce papers from Tony, not knowing that he still loves her but wants to protect her from his family. If you’re a newer viewer you may not have met Anna’s friend Calliope before, but I like to think Calliope is why Anna doesn’t think Roman talking to an urn is all that weird,” etc.

This would be worth watching the embarrassing mess that's on screen now. 

Come on, Ken, make it happen!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Days has surprisingly never aired in reruns.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

It won't happen because, even though many actors on years ago are still on now, some aren't, and it would likely require paying for the appearances of departed actors, and the budget for that is nil.

Not to mention those old episodes would make current Days look all the more awful by comparison...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

^^^^

Quite right.

It's a shame really. I wonder if the same explanations apply to why old episodes are not available for streaming.

You would think they would have done an episode pack of "Hey, it's the Bo/Hope story!" or the "See Patch and Kayla fall in love" storylines. General Hospital did a bunch of reruns in 1998 leading to the 35th anniversary. Too bad Soapnet is gone because they were great for seeing reruns even though the music was usually stripped.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

^^^^

Quite right.

It's a shame really. I wonder if the same explanations apply to why old episodes are not available for streaming.

It might be actor residuals, writing residuals and even music rights. 

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Debatable lol.

I think the best of DOOL would make the current stuff look kind of terrible, especially when it comes to sets.  But I do think people easily forget the most terrible stuff from the past. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Debatable lol.

True. The '90s started the journey to current Days. But, that said, from all I have seen and read, the 1960s/1970s/early '80s Days was more "traditional", read: rooted in reality, so - at the very least - the contrast to brain chips and the devil and talking fucking teddy bears WOULD BE stark.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think the best of DOOL would make the current stuff look kind of terrible, especially when it comes to sets.  But I do think people easily forget the moset terrible stuff from the past. 

I wonder if we've gotten so used to the modern writing and pacing of the plots if people would even appreciate some of the older shows.  I remember back in the day thinking that a lot of the plots were carried out several beats too long.  I particularly remember when Marlena was in the pit, at first it was pretty good, but after a while I was sort of over it.  I wonder now, if I would be impatient with the storyline even sooner.

• Like 5

I have a friend who bought a drive with bootleg episodes of Days from 1984-on, plus some older stuff. She was nice enough to share with me and during the height of the pandemic, instead of binging Netflix, I binged Days episodes that aired before I was born or when I was too young to watch.

My conclusion was that in some ways the 80s episodes are objectively better than the current episodes... not because of the talents of everyone involved but because of the almighty dollar.

Since 80s Days had a budget, the actors got time to rehearse and do multiple takes. The result? Better acting, even if those actors are inherently no more talented than these.

Since 80s Days had a budget, there were location shots galore. Seeing the streets of London behind Bo or the streets of Boston behind Melissa adds enormous depth to a story, even if you don't especially like Bo or Melissa.

Since 80s Days had a budget, they had much more freedom to use all kinds of music to enhance the narrative.

There's also the big way 80s Days was worse than current Days: almost complete lack of diversity of any kind and the occasional slide into outright racism.

I found the off-the-wall plots pretty much the same, honestly. All-powerful prisms that could destroy the world, Eugene's vibes and inventions, hypnosis by pagoda, villains dropping heroes in alligator pits...

And as always, some of the stories stunk, and sometimes there were obvious u-turns midstream when an actor quit/was fired. Some other stories were absolutely brilliantly crafted, characterized, and paced. Some stories aged incredibly well, and others aged incredibly poorly.

You can tell me all day why it's unrealistic to wish that these episodes will ever be made widely available without the messy look of having been recorded on a VHS tape 40 years ago, complete with "breaking news" preemptions. I get why it's highly unlikely to ever happen, but I'm going to wish for it anyway. Not everyone would enjoy it, but some people would, and since it already exists... it's a shame that each individual can't decide independently whether to watch Eve lie about why there's a live penguin in her basement.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I wonder if we've gotten so used to the modern writing and pacing of the plots if people would even appreciate some of the older shows.  I remember back in the day thinking that a lot of the plots were carried out several beats too long. 

In many ways, those long developing stories allowed them to show all of the character beats/everyone's POV and let some stories become umbrella stories that touched all parts of the canvas like dominos.  The higher budgets meant stories weren't as siloed as they are now. 

But they also served the purpose that isn't needed now that we have streaming and YouTube and On Demand services.  Back then, there were VCRs but soaps wanted to make sure people could tune in and know what was happening.  If they switched story lines too often, it'd be harder for people to stay current.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 4

I also binged on much of the 1980s DOOL a couple years ago.  A person was editing and loading nearly complete episodes on YT.  She lasted about a year before YT yanked her account for copyright violations.

I was struck by how much popular music was used.  Gloria Loring must have had a weekly 4-minute solo in her contract. She would warble away on Light Hits of the 80s while everyone watched in silence.  It was not riveting TV.  And the sets weren't all that.  The Jump Gym was comical, as was Doug's Place on the Lake, and the Salem PD office wasn't much larger than a closet.  I will admit that there was a marked improvement in the sets by the later 1980s.

Just like any program, there is often a vast difference between "the best moments" we all recall and the regular mundane day-in-day-out of daily shows.  There were plenty of tedious storylines during the 80s.  

I enjoyed reliving them.  My earliest VHS tapes go back to 1985, so I hadn't seen earlier episodes since they aired.  And many I had never seen and had only known details due to Lynda Hirsch's syndicated weekly newspaper synopsis/summary.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/26/2023 at 4:26 PM, WendyCR72 said:

True. The '90s started the journey to current Days. But, that said, from all I have seen and read, the 1960s/1970s/early '80s Days was more "traditional", read: rooted in reality, so - at the very least - the contrast to brain chips and the devil and talking fucking teddy bears WOULD BE stark.

Wasn't the Bo and Hope storyline the first one to try and rip off the Luke & Laura storyline? They even had them waltzing at some point. Soaps changed from people talking in kitchens to adventures after the Luke & Laura phenomenon. I wonder if late 1970's Days had the gritty, realistic feel that One Life to Live had. Was there ever a Karen Wolek/Marco Dane equivalent? 

14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Wasn't the Bo and Hope storyline the first one to try and rip off the Luke & Laura storyline? They even had them waltzing at some point. Soaps changed from people talking in kitchens to adventures after the Luke & Laura phenomenon. I wonder if late 1970's Days had the gritty, realistic feel that One Life to Live had. Was there ever a Karen Wolek/Marco Dane equivalent? 

I personally thought so but Bo/Hope to me were far superior as a couple and well Bo didn't have to rape Hope either. 

I heard the 1970s were probably the best in soaps because it was more character driven and they had a lower budget the action/adventure stuff could work in the 80s because soaps had the budget to make it work. You can't do it now. Which is why I think they should've reverted back to 70s form where it was rooted in character driven writing.

• Like 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Bo and Hope was a much better couple while the waltzing was similar between the two couples but that was all that they had in common ..

I have never cared for Luke and Laura and it had to do with him raping her.. The whitewashing of it was just vile..  I know that it was another time when it came to the understanding of  sexual assault but rape is rape no matter where we are in time.. 

Laura just sizzled with Stefan and I wanted them to have an affair while he was married to Bobbie. I also thought that Laura was a much more dynamic strong woman whenever she was with Stefan. Luke always dominated her and infantilized her. So it was always gross to me given their disgusting past..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
On 3/5/2023 at 1:54 PM, Pearson80 said:

Bo and Hope was a much better couple while the waltzing was similar between the two couples but that was all that they had in common ..

I have never cared for Luke and Laura and it had to do with him raping her.. The whitewashing of it was just vile..  I know that it was another time when it came to the understanding of  sexual assault but rape is rape no matter where we are in time.. 

Laura just sizzled with Stefan and I wanted them to have an affair while he was married to Bobbie. I also thought that Laura was a much more dynamic strong woman whenever she was with Stefan. Luke always dominated her and infantilized her. So it was always gross to me given their disgusting past..

I agree they were totally different couples at their core but they were the first action/adventure couple Days had which I think is why people made the comparison because it ushered in a new era in soaps. Which I enjoyed but I think at the same time set it up for failure because when the budget dwindles you can't pull off these type of stories anymore. Yet soaps try as pitiful as it is.

• Like 3

God, James Scott was so captivating to watch. He brought out the best in Alison's abilities. I wish I could find the 2007 clips of the Lumi wedding and EJ crashing their honeymoon to New Orleans but that's been wiped, it looks like.

I have warmed up to Dan F. but I don't think his version of EJ could work with EJami. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As much as I hate Leo this is actually a good use of history of him working for The Spectator with Jack's daughter no less.

Daysfan on Twitter: "On this day in 1988, Diana started her own newspaper. The Salem Spectator was born! #Days https://t.co/vHlJt1jbHk" / Twitter

I keep forgetting Leo is Diana's son. The travesty recast did not work for me

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Leo brought this up  couple of times while Gwen was starting to feel sorry about taking the paper. Leo deemed it karma for Jack stealing it from Diana originally.  

And if I squint and picture Genie Francis I agree with him

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I keep forgetting Leo is Diana's son. The travesty recast did not work for me

Yep I tend to block it out myself as she was not the Diana I remembered and I was glad Genie never came back for that. Especially when I remember Judith Chapman being Angelica back in the day(and honestly she should've returned as that because at least she would've been useful this time around).

However Ron has a hard-on at recreating Y&R on Days(I get that they're sister soaps but Ron has no ties to Y&R lucky them)

13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Leo brought this up  couple of times while Gwen was starting to feel sorry about taking the paper. Leo deemed it karma for Jack stealing it from Diana originally.  

Wow I clearly missed that part kudos for the show remembering that.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

However Ron has a hard-on at recreating Y&R on Days(I get that they're sister soaps but Ron has no ties to Y&R lucky them)

That would explain why we seem to be getting a lot of corporate scenes now- I don't remember them being that present on the show especially the Higley era. I also thought Allie mirrored Mariah.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

That would explain why we seem to be getting a lot of corporate scenes now- I don't remember them being that present on the show especially the Higley era. I also thought Allie mirrored Mariah.

They weren't although JER made an attempt in the 90s and it looked more believable back then when they had a budget. Now? No

9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They weren't although JER made an attempt in the 90s and it looked more believable back then when they had a budget. Now? No

I remember it was mostly about Kate and Sami battling over Titan but they backed away from all that when the Last Chance Blast crew came in and sexy Brandon Walker came on to try and charm Sami away from Austin.  Dimera was mostly about revenge or stalking than any corporate shenanigans, Bella was only important for Nicole's modeling career, and the Kiriakis family were almost never seen in any kind of boardroom during the Tomlin and Higley eras, if I'm remembering right. Phillip should have been groomed and turned into the Adam Newman of the show, but the show decided to have him go into the military and then cuckoo for cocoa puffs instead.

I mean, if we're going to rip off Y&R, can't we have a ripoff of the Adam storyline where he sleeps with a dude not because he's actually attracted to them but because it's advantageous to him?

• Like 3
13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember it was mostly about Kate and Sami battling over Titan but they backed away from all that when the Last Chance Blast crew came in and sexy Brandon Walker came on to try and charm Sami away from Austin.  Dimera was mostly about revenge or stalking than any corporate shenanigans, Bella was only important for Nicole's modeling career, and the Kiriakis family were almost never seen in any kind of boardroom during the Tomlin and Higley eras, if I'm remembering right. Phillip should have been groomed and turned into the Adam Newman of the show, but the show decided to have him go into the military and then cuckoo for cocoa puffs instead.

I mean, if we're going to rip off Y&R, can't we have a ripoff of the Adam storyline where he sleeps with a dude not because he's actually attracted to them but because it's advantageous to him?

Yes this is all true they could've done that last story with Sonny although he's gay so its not nearly as much of a reach. I'm surprised they haven't had Alex do this already.

Some Twitter Days history featuring Sarah. In 1991. As I said, SORAS/De-SORAS is hilarious:

And this is not Aimee Brooks. Apparently, this actress is Alli Brown, who must have finished out the role.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I seriously thought that last Sarah was playing 13 in 1991. 

No, definitely around 16/17 or so. Because I think - looking at her now - it was Alli Brown, not Aimee Brooks - that played out Sarah setting up Neil in bed with her [Sarah] for Maggie to discover, as I think Brown was the last in the role prior to Linsey Godfrey.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

No, definitely around 16/17 or so. Because I think - looking at her now - it was Alli Brown, not Aimee Brooks - that played out Sarah setting up Neil in bed with her [Sarah] for Maggie to discover, as I think Brown was the last in the role prior to Linsey Godfrey.

Man, that's hilarious. I could have gone to high school with Linsey Godfrey, and I was 5 years old in 1991.

Edited by methodwriter85
48 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Man, that's hilarious. I could have gone to high school with Linsey Godfrey, and I was 5 years old in 1991.

Must be something with Mickey's branch of the Horton family! (LOL! I kid, but Mike Horton [his nephew but thought Mickey was his father for years!] went from a baby to married in the span of around 8 years, then stayed at 30-ish for two DECADES! One of the MANY Mike actors being Michael T. Weiss!) I think TPTB knew they screwed up and tried to "correct" Mike's age by keeping him younger for so long!

And now, Sarah is similar. Born in 1981, then aged to 16/17 around '89/'90, now de-aged with Linsey Godfrey!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The show kind of kept Abigail in a holding pattern with her age, although her SORAS was much more gentle to begin with. It only got as far as 1988, but by the time Kate Mansi took over I think it went back down to 1990. Her current headstone says 1992 which is exactly right. The show also plays her as being age peers with Will now, who is also a pretty gentle SORAS by soap standards. (Three years or less is pretty gentle in my opinion.)

Of course the Belle SORAS gets funny because when Will came back to the show, she talked to Will like he was a little boy when she was an adult.

This also gets into the EJ Soras, because during that storyline where Susan was holding Will making him think he was EJ, she showed him EJ's birth certificate but had to smudge the birth year because EJ is so much older than Will.

Will was born onscreen two years before EJ was. LOL

The Elvis wedding is my first memory of watching the show. I think it was also around the same time that Sami was faking having amnesia and was back to being a sweet girl again.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Melissa Horton helping Peter study, 1984

God, soaps just LOVE the rich girl/poor boy scenario, don't they? I was about to say this felt a bit like a knockoff of Beth and Lujack on Guiding Light but that storyline was probably concurrent to this one, lol. 

I can  see why people think that if Kassie DePavia comes back, she should play Melissa. Isn't her backstory that she mostly lives in Nashville, anyway? That would work with Kassie's faint southern twang that got her called Suddenly Southern on the boards here when she was playing Eve.

Anyway, without a doubt, this is my favorite  Days study date scene...with Melissa's son, no less:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Yes although now that you mention it I'm trying to remember a rich girl/poor boy scenario(Bo/Hope and Holden/Lily ATWT come to mind).

Of course back then soaps had class differences etc as part of their storylines which worked but not now where everyone seems to be rich.

• Like 3

I spent the last few days watching the "2 Romans" plot on YouTube from 1991. I know it was 30 years ago but I hate Marlena who wanted both of them, her pink lipstick, her simpering voice and most of all her making Isabella sad. 

I then watched Izzy B's cancer plot. Drake was so much better with her. Stacy had a warmth Dee lacks. The final weeks up to Isabella's death you really felt the love between her and John. And it was a real death so the impact is so much greater 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I spent the last few days watching the "2 Romans" plot on YouTube from 1991. I know it was 30 years ago but I hate Marlena who wanted both of them, her pink lipstick, her simpering voice and most of all her making Isabella sad. 

I then watched Izzy B's cancer plot. Drake was so much better with her. Stacy had a warmth Dee lacks. The final weeks up to Isabella's death you really felt the love between her and John. And it was a real death so the impact is so much greater 

I agree with you. Table for two for those that liked John with Isabella more than Doc! I did like the whole Chichen Itza arc because that was when the show actually had a budget to actually go to Mexico. The scenery was gorgeous.

• Like 2
  • Love 1