Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Off The Beaten Path

This episode reminded me of why I get annoyed at this series.  I like Yolanda and Kelly, but I prefer when Dateline and 48 Hours go further with a case.  Kelly was going on about how much progress they had made.  It didn't seem like much to me.  They caught the son in a lie, but that doesn't mean that they can prove that he did it.  The house is now gone, and they don't have the gun.  They've got some beer cans and some fast food trash from Hardee's.  To me, progress would be having enough evidence to arrest Kevin, but we got another episode where the case is still being investigated at the end.

• Love 3

http://2paragraphs.com/2015/07/eric-and-doris-ferguson-killed-by-son-veterinarian-kevin-ferguson/

I hope I posted this link correctly. Seems like Kevin Ferguson can't keep out of trouble.

I agree with you OHMO, it is really frustraiting when there is no movement in these cases. After so many years there is not much evidence left. I wonder why the police didn't make more headway back when this happened. It seems they could have verified the son's alibi about the CDC back when this happened. You would think that a good dectective would have kept on him until he gave it up.

• Love 1

Beer cans and a false alibi do not a conviction make (unless you're Kelly Siegler and "build" a circumstantial case before a hang 'em high Texas jury's eyes).

The DA didn't have enough evidence to indict back then, and Kelly's team did not change this.

• Love 1
It seems they could have verified the son's alibi about the CDC back when this happened.

I thought the detective said he did check with CDC and learned he'd never worked there.

I was more curious about the friend and maybe this is a stupid question but if his friend

was really trying to frame him for two crimes, wouldn't that make him want to talk to

the cops sooner?  

• Love 1

Did they say why Yolanda left after only being there a short time? That was strange.

Kelly said last week that Yolanda wanted to spend more time with her grandchildren, so she would only be coming in to examine the crime scenes.

• Love 1

Kelly said last week that Yolanda wanted to spend more time with her grandchildren, so she would only be coming in to examine the crime scenes.

Thank you. I missed that.

Edited by imjagain