Type keyword(s) to search

James Huling: Proud Hillbilly Asian

Okay, so it might be in questionable taste (James is ethnically Korean, not Chinese, and Phil Robertson is a bigot, after all), but heck this is the last one and I couldn't find anything that said "Asian redneck" any better.  The mods can always change it if there's a better idea, and in the meantime, thanks to petunia13 in the Feeds thread for this one.

Someone on another site called James the Bizarro Vanessa, and that's kind of true.  Where Vanessa runs through every possible combination to avoid the dreaded "blood on [her] hands" and spins herself in circles, James just goes "fuck it" and puts Shelli and Clay straight up.  He's clearly not afraid of blood, as he said in Week 1.  Of course in Week 1, he had others to deflect the fallout onto, and he got a flat-out gift when Audrey blew up her own spot and turned into the house pariah.  Not as much chance of that happening this time.  Here, he's going to be vulnerable next HoH, and needing either Jackie or Meg to win.  Which means he needs Jackie to win.

Yes, he got promises, but having just broken his word to Clelli in front of the whole house, it wouldn't be hard for someone to go back on a deal with him.  (I mean, they could just target Jackie instead, but her HoH was more luck-based; if James doesn't accidentally eliminate Austin when he's trying to throw it, the numbers for Sixth Sense might have been overwhelming.  James legit won HoH, twice.)  I mean, I love that he quoted Boogie about the bouncing checks, but sometimes you have to be subtle about how you do that, not "my word? Whatever, you're going home".

Well, I still love the move…unless Shelli leaves and Clay just skates through to F5 as a result.  So, we'll see, I guess.

(edited)

Edit: Problem solved.  Thanks, mods!  

James's having worked in South Carolina's penal system is likely supported by that "S.C.D.C." cap he sported throughout the most recent episode.  I'm guessing that's South Carolina Department of Corrections.  He doesn't look much like a prison guard, but maybe they don't have a height requirement.  It wouldn't be the first time he's surprised me.  

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

Hillbilly is worse than the word Peking. But he has a pretty good sense of humor about himself and is very laid back and I relate to that in my own interactions and humor.

I also relate to him he mentioned he was in a group home - then adopted by a white couple and later his adoptive mother died. Sine he wasn't as close to his adoptive father He felt it was hard.

He also stated due to his childhood he has a lack of connection to his race and culture.

I have empathy to that - my moms dad was a person of color and adopted and he (and his children and grand kids like me) have no connection, knowledge, anything to it.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

In Season 18, Episode 28 (08.19.2016), we saw James's prank of putting crackers in the the HGs beds.   Victor was justifiable annoyed, due to potential for ants.  James told Victor to lighten up.  James said in his DR that he was worried Victor would come unglued, so for that reason he would back off.

Edited by K-9
On 10/4/2016 at 11:48 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So, I just noticed that we don't have a Natalie Negrotti thread, so that's a damn shame. Until we do, I guess I'll just post this piece of news here:

I guess Natalie decided to give James a chance, after all. I know some people who will be excited to hear that, if they didn't already know.... @bbaddict @AbsoluteShower.

I did see the stories about this, yes. Is it sad that I now stalk  follow them both on Instagram?

I...ok, so I really like Natalie and James by the deep cynic in me is questioning if it's too soon. The other small part of me is truly happy for them and the entire part of me hopes it works out. I only say this because I've known family members who rushed into an engagement and marriage.

HOWEVER, since they seem happy and since we know that the time in the BB house makes it seem a lot longer than it actually is for 3 months, they probably feel like it's been closer to a year. So I will say congratulations to them! 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I...ok, so I really like Natalie and James by the deep cynic in me is questioning if it's too soon. The other small part of me is truly happy for them and the entire part of me hopes it works out. I only say this because I've known family members who rushed into an engagement and marriage.

HOWEVER, since they seem happy and since we know that the time in the BB house makes it seem a lot longer than it actually is for 3 months, they probably feel like it's been closer to a year. So I will say congratulations to them! 

I've known one couple who dated for 9 years, got engaged, were engaged for 5 years, got married - and were divorced within a year. 

I also know one couple who were engaged two weeks after meeting, got married about 8 months afterwards, and will be celebrating their 31st anniversary next month. 

Depends totally upon the individuals in question.  :>

• Love 2

I was watching a video posted on YouTube the other day where James was trashing Natalie.  Apparently they broke up after a few months of dating but were pretending to still be in a relationship so that they could book appearances together and make money.  James then said that Natalie sent him a cease and desist order because she claims that he used fake accounts to post pictures of her.  He said that she cheated on him throughout the majority of their relationship.

Now this video was published around April the first so it very well could be an April Fools Prank.  I was just wondering if anyone else saw this video and if it was or was not real.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:55 AM, BK1978 said:

I was watching a video posted on YouTube the other day where James was trashing Natalie.  Apparently they broke up after a few months of dating but were pretending to still be in a relationship so that they could book appearances together and make money.  James then said that Natalie sent him a cease and desist order because she claims that he used fake accounts to post pictures of her.  He said that she cheated on him throughout the majority of their relationship.

Now this video was published around April the first so it very well could be an April Fools Prank.  I was just wondering if anyone else saw this video and if it was or was not real.

it's real, they hate each other and plenty of folks from their season have chosen 'sides' in the mess. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

it's real, they hate each other and plenty of folks from their season have chosen 'sides' in the mess. 

I kind of felt it was real, but with it being filmed around April Fools Day and all I had just a tad bit of doubt about it.  It is funny once they are off the show I do not pay attention to what happens to them.  Unless someone does something really bad like Adam or Mike Skupin from Survivor.  So thank you for telling me.

• Love 3

According to his Twitter account, James is working with a charity called Bullies Reality (Twitter link) in Houston as part of Harvey relief. He is picking people up in his boat, and also providing hamburgers, hot dogs and water at an area park. I don't follow him, but saw a Twitter feud about the charity with some people saying it is a scam. It looks like Evel Dick may be behind the scam allegation, but I don't follow him either. The charity posted their IRS designation on their Twitter feed. I didn't look into it, but there are also allegations that James is involved as an officer of the charity, and I think they are accusing him of taking the money personally.

Big Meech responded to one of his tweets about helping with, "Who cares?" and started a Twitter war. There is a Go Fund Me Page with photographs of the rescues if anyone wants to donate. There are no comments at the moment, probably because they were full of people questioning the validity of the charity and got removed. Directly from the Go Fund Me page, typos and grammar not fixed:

Monday afternoon we set out to houston to help with the search and rescue for the ppl trapped in the area. We purchased a boat, rented a uhaul and loaded it with water and blankets and went on our way. After 2 days of water rescue, going without food or sleep, rescuing at least 50-75 ppl not including animals, our boat hit the roof of a car and took out the motor. We headed Back to Dallas last night in to get the boat repaired and load up another uhaul full of supplies of ALL types - knowing in our hearts there is so much more work to be done and so many thousands of ppl that are in dire need. If you have the means, and would like to help, any financial support would be GREATLY appreciated. Even $1 helps. Spreading the message also helps. We do have a 501(c) foundation - Bullies Reality Foundation, so anything you dobate can be a tax write off. You can look at our Instagram and twitter - @BULLIESREALITY and see what our journey has been like thus far. SO many families, children, and animals are homeless, hungry, without even a change of clothes or basic toiletries. Please share this with anyone you can! Thank you so much for the support we have gotten so far just from our social media and personal messages❤️There will also be a donation page set up on our website Bulliesreality.org