Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation: UnREAL Season Two

From the season 1 finale, I expect a crew member to die in season 2. I hope it's Chet:

Rachel: We killed somebody, didn't we?

Quinn: Yeah. Let's not do that again.

Rachel: No, just another mind-numbing season of Everlasting.

Quinn: Wait, not uh The Whole Package? I thought that was kind of a good idea.

Rachel: Yeah, I mean, it's a good title, but I don't think our audience cares about girls with jobs. Whatever. Just no murder next season, okay? I mean, at least not with the contestants—behind the scenes, I can't be so sure.

Then again, the UnREAL audience definitely cares about "girls with jobs," so maybe the whole thing was just a joke.

And I totally called that Chekhov's mom would be back. I did not imagine Jeremy would knock on her door, though. "She's really sick again. We have to do something."

They have said that they don't know if a "Bachelorette" works because the men don't get catty enough. I think I agree or maybe the network will reject it. I think the first episode of Season 1 will pretty much be Rachel/Quinn trying to come up with something after their initial plans fall through. Then they will have to reach out to a few people from S1. I imagine they will come up with something like Bachelor in Paradise. It will also give them a chance to bring back Adam as quasi-host at his "Everlasting Spa."

I can see that happening portfino. I read that Adam has no contract yet for season 2 but the crew are pretty much all back. Freddie said in an interview he was not coming back. Sarah had to clear stuff up. She said she is aware the fans want Adam back.

• Love 2

If Jeremy and Rachel's mom could die in a car wreck on the way to see Rachel in the first scene of the first episode that would be great. No crying or mourning onscreen because Rachel doesn't like them anyway and who cares what anyone else thinks. Cry at the house if you must cry but spare me as a viewer these two characters and the fall out from their "tragic deaths" that I am hoping for.

Oh yeah and Chet can get fired or demoted to working for Quinn since she proved to the head honcho that she can do the work and Chet is a putz.

• Love 1

I can't imagine them getting rid of Chet - although they do keep hinting at killing him

Off due to his drug use. Quinn's feelings for him are too complex. There is too much potential plot between them.

• Love 1

Interesting article on Vulture.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/unreal-finale-season-two-questions.html

And I think the writer is on to something right. If the show wants to go from really, really great to somehow even better, the issue isn't Rachel/Quinn, it's Quinn when she's on her own. They have to inject some uncertainty into the character without weakening her. I think her relationship at Chet wasn't entirely successful at that.

• Love 4

If they do bring Jeremy back, I sincerely hope they don't go the route of having Rachel trying to "fix" the relationship and Jeremy considering "taking her back".  (I put those words in quotes, because seriously... that relationship was broken from the get go, and Jeremy never really had her, given that he was cheating on his fiance during the initial hook-ups.)  

If they turn this into a Jeremy-Rachel-will they-won't they show, I'm out.  That ship was put out to harbor, and sunk.  Holes below the water line, were blown in it by severe cannon fire.  The remains were then set alight.  No way in hell, should either one of them ever consider even trying to "win" the other one back.  The only relationship they should have from here on out, should consist of undermining and trying to destroy each other. 

And Not because they "Love Each Other" underneath it all.  No, there should be none of that shit.  It should be destruction for the sake of destruction, or total indifference.

• Love 4

They filmed "The Whole Package" months before the current news with Donald Trump, so I fully expect them to go full tilt into this non-spinoff spinoff. "Murder aside from the Contestants" does spread it to anyone.

They filmed "The Whole Package" months before the current news with Donald Trump, so I fully expect them to go full tilt into this non-spinoff spinoff. "Murder aside from the Contestants" does spread it to anyone.

What is The Whole Package and how does Trump figure into this show?   Spin off?  I am confused.  

----------------------------------------

I expect season 2 will be set in the dating show format, possibility with a female lead.  I see no reason why they would change that.  It is the entire premise given the creator worked on The Bachelor.  

Jeremy will be back; that was the cliff hanger. 

It makes no sense to carry over cast members who were not leads.  The story line with Adam is done.  There will be another love interest for Rachael, especially if the go the Bachelorette route. 

What is The Whole Package and how does Trump figure into this show?   Spin off?  I am confused.  

During the waning moments of the finales, when Rachel and Quinn were drinking wine and shooting the breeze, they were talking about having a version of "Everlasting" where the contestants were also vying for a job, presumabling from a bachelor businessman. Think "The Bachelor" with "The Apprentice". They called it "Everlasting: The Whole Package". "The Apprentice", of course, featured Donald Trump.

I could see the showrunners going for this tweak, especially with Trump being in the news as inspiration.

• Love 2

There will be another love interest for Rachael, especially if the go the Bachelorette route.

I'm not sure having her develop feelings for a contestant again is such a good idea. Or vice versa, it sorta worked that Adam developed feelings for her over all the contestants, but I'm not sure there are enough stakes to believe a contestant torn between Rachel and the Bachelorette. He could just quit in a way Adam couldn't.

• Love 1

I'm not sure having her develop feelings for a contestant again is such a good idea. Or vice versa, it sorta worked that Adam developed feelings for her over all the contestants, but I'm not sure there are enough stakes to believe a contestant torn between Rachel and the Bachelorette. He could just quit in a way Adam couldn't.

Good point.  I agree.