Type keyword(s) to search

Da'Vonne Rogers: She Did Not Have The Last Laugh

So, I thought that I would make a topic on Da'Vonne, the one who left week two and had the potential to become a more popular houseguest and could have made it far. I personally didn't like her that much (not as much as people on tumblr, that's for darn sure) because I thought her gameplay was actually sloppy and there's a difference between not lying and being too honest. She was too honest to people, too aggressive, didn't think things through and that's what got her evicted. I'm disappointed because she gave great DR's (I like to use her 'WHAT YOU STUTTERING FOR' DR with the recent Clay mumbling segment) and I wanted to like her not changing for anyone, but she solidified her fate and then she didn't own up to her mistake in keeping the twin twist silent when she was evicted. At least Jason had the decency to admit he made a mistake right when Julie asked him.

But whatever, Da'Vonne's gone, tumblr is still throwing a shit fit over it, and I'm just sitting back, watching the other players still in the game. 

But, I did want to ask a question. If Da'Vonne had kept the twin twist to herself, would she have had a chance to stay and sent Meg home instead? 

• Love 1

I think it was too late by then. She appeared to believe that publicly exposing those who lied to her or who had offended her so that she would be declared "right" by the house was a good strategy. Instead, she blew up her own game by attacking others, rather than stepping back and realizing none of that would help her game at all.

I said this in some other thread, but I would be interested in seeing her in All-Stars in a few years, just to see if she had learned from her mistakes.

I don't know if I'd want Da'Vonne such a minnow among sharks; perhaps it would be better if she returns, if it was as part of a themed season where there were multiple early overplayers  (Audrey, Ronnie, Nick Uhas, Brian "I run this house" Hart) returning, either against their "betters" or newbies.  ("Come on, guys! Sure, they've played before…but if we can't outsmart Dominic, what are we doing here?")

My ideal version of this is "Champs vs. Chumps", where Will, Boogie, Rachel and Dan mock the hell out of the likes of Kaysar, the Virgin Michelle (from S4) and Jace…but can they actually beat them?  But most of the interesting pre-S14 winners have been back already, so I don't know.

she gave great DRs

Like much of Da'Vonne's game, I found her DR sessions strong on sass, but low on strategy.  My "favorite" is when they're introducing themselves in episode 17.02 and John says he's a dentist and we get this:

DA'VONNE:  So John says he's a dentist, and I'm thinking "you lyin'"!  John doesn't give off a "dentist" vibe.  He gives off…(pauses, completely out of ideas)…a "not a dentist" vibe!

Really, Da'?  "Not a dentist", that's all you got?  You'd be kicked off most of the boards that worship you for that sort of weak sauce.

I understand she's now taken over from Big Jeff, hosting some of the breaks in the live feeds?  Well, good for her, I guess, but it's hard to imagine the second boot really being so memorable. (Somewhere, Monet is sniffing derisively and threatening to punch Da'Vonne in the face…)

Edited by DAngelus

OMG Day's twitter.

I had to stop following her, she was just too salty about not being in the house anymore. She got evicted the 2nd week. She can't really criticize anyone's gameplay or talk about what a terrible season this is. She so mad.

That's her chosen nickname she goes by. Annnnnyhoo. I follow her twitter since I like her. Liz and Austin last night said they don't like her and wouldn't be friends with her since she's a Debbie Downer ect.

She responded "I've never been friends with any HOES. #cleanyourcooch girl. #bb17"

OMG !

Edited by Petunia13

About 2 or 3 days ago she got in a huge fight with Jeff. He was evicted from BB and Jackies Amazi Race partner. Anyhow he was talking shit about her on Twitter and periscope and she responded and tore him a new asshole. Repeatedly. I think then he just shut the hell up and blocked her.

Some of his... um ...fans ...I guess. Commented after that BB is her life or something so she posted all her talents and stuff like modeling pics and acting pics and screenshots from movies and dancing clips and told them to remember that and keep the receipts.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2015 at 6:30 PM, Kris117 said:

I think it was too late by then. She appeared to believe that publicly exposing those who lied to her or who had offended her so that she would be declared "right" by the house was a good strategy. Instead, she blew up her own game by attacking others, rather than stepping back and realizing none of that would help her game at all.

I said this in some other thread, but I would be interested in seeing her in All-Stars in a few years, just to see if she had learned from her mistakes.

Kris I don’t know if you’re around, but interested to get  your thoughts now that she is in fact on All Stars!

4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah....I don't get this one at all.  I must have missed something.  Not that a lot of these comics make much sense.  I think it is a pathetic testimony to a boring season.

QFT. 100%.