Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: Episode 17

• Start Topic

So maybe the common thread is that, once everybody who might/is going to enter the house is finally in, then BotB is over.

I think they were just stretching it out before so that the pool of replacement nominees would dry up and they'd get the "twist" they wanted of somebody starting the week as HOH ending the week getting evicted. Been there, done that, so they can end it at a more reasonable time now.

I'm surprised TPTB would do a comp that requires a lot of water with the California's drought.

Given that the entire house and back yard is built above ground by a few feet, it would be very easy to collect that water and recycle it. There have been certain comps where the playing area can be seen to be below the level of the house, so there would be room to have something to collect the water under the "lawn." Of course, at this moment I cannot remember any examples or find a picture.

I'm very confused by this episode.  The first half I'm skeeved out at Austin's way to hands on 'cuddling' with Liz especially when it's mingled with her DR saying that she definitely does not like him.

I'm beginning to think that Liz doth protest too much when it comes to Austin. She may not like him, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like the attention. Clearly, she fears playing Amber to his Caleb, so I understand her not shutting him down completely, but she could try to shut him down physically. "My parents are watching the feeds and I'm not comfortable with what we're doing," or, "We've got to stick to light-hearted flirting because we're putting too big of a target on ourselves," come to mind. I'd like to see her try it, at least.

Jason to Julie, "I knew I was right about everybody." Well if so, why didn't you play on your hunch and form an alliance? Yes, I know that America gets to see the inner workings of everyone's game, but I don't understand why Jason, as a so called super fan played such a crappy game?

I never saw him even try to actively play the game himself. He got comfortable with his little group of meanies and all their snarky comments, and apparently thought that everyone else would recognize how great he was and beg to be allied with him. When that didn't happen, and he realized he was too far out of the loop to save Day, he decided he despised the people who didn't seek him out and so was too far above them to engage in any assertive way. I saw him react to the way others controlled the game by winning comps, and that time he ran to Shelli with the news that Austin had blabbed to him about the twins. He played a passive-aggressive and reactive game, instead of coming up with a viable strategy.

I wish we'd go back to the keybox over the bluetooth ones too but I think they think it's awesome (like other things like BotB!!). I miss how you could get clues on shifts withing alliances and the game of making someone sweat it out to the end to get their key etc.

If Jackie is a fan of Jason, why did she vote for him to leave?  I'm gonna miss my little square-ell.  :-(

Also, did Becky get hit by a train?  WTF???  Could somebody elaborate please & thank you.

Edited by slasherboy

Lord these people are SO dumb (other than Shelley). She's got the only intact brain in there. Her allies are plum stupid, and her opponents somehow even stupider. She's got everyone snowed, doesn't she?

She's basically Svengalied everyone on the other side into thinking she's their closest ally. That there is no "other side" per se, because they can't draw the dots between Shelly-->Clay-->Vanessa-->Austin-->Liz-->and now Julia.  Well, for weeks and weeks they didn't.

I mean I guess it seems like Jason finally figured it out, which means the others must know.  And yet they STILL didn't use their numerical advantage. DUMB.  One has to wonder what Steve and John were thinking, for example.  What exactly do they think their place in the house is?

And the stupid twin thing? Jackie sure looked thrilled (NOT!) that now she's got two of them in there.  Two people who no doubt will target her no matter what.

Edited by Kromm

If Jackie is a fan of Jason, why did she vote for him to leave? I'm gonna miss my little square-ell. :-(

Also, did Becky get hit by a train? WTF??? Could somebody elaborate please & thank you.

Denver has a Lite Rail System that runs through the city and limited outlining areas. It could be somewhat compared to NYC's subway but above ground. Beckey probably got drunk, one night, and got too close to the train.

She stuck her face out into its path, is how she told it. Lots of reconstructive surgery followed. You can see facial scars sometimes, especially above her lips. I'll see if I can find a post with a better description.

Why does Steve hate Becky??  I ask this here because it was mentioned twice this week (once by him and once by Julie) but I don't recall seeing any interaction between then two of them.  Somebody help!

Austin is a creepy dude.  He skeeves me out.  It's so obvious Liz doesn't give two craps about him, but in his head he thinks she enjoyed the kiss??  I literally cringed at his cluelessness.  So terrible.

I don't really strongly dislike anyone at this point, but Jackie is my favorite.  Loved her calling out Shelly.  Shelly reminds me of an actress that was on General Hospital that I disliked, so I think that's making me dislike her a bit as well.  Those giant teeth aren't helping either (sorry for the shallowness!).

I thought about reading the feeds thread here to see why Steve hates Becky but I did that for some other reason recently and it's just too much reading.  And I don't really care.  

I think Liz and Austin are following production's direction on the stalkerish thing.  Liz says she adores him but can't tell him it's not romantic for her?  Why not?  He only will help her game if he thinks it's true love on both sides?  And Austin thinks that 1-second peck he stole and then her rolling over and brushing him off was her enjoying it?  

Shelli's eyebrows weird me out.  They look like cartoon angry eyebrows.  Too dark and straight.  

I liked Johnny Mac's dad-he seemed very likeable. And Johnny's brother was rather telegenic-he and Johnny do resemble each other but the brother also looked like actor Steve Zahn.

I purely loved that The Laugh is apparently a family trait.  :D

I did love Jackie point blank calling Shellie out. That was awesome! Jackie could be a real little spitfire, but it might be too late for it to matter at this point. But, um, why did she end up voting for Jason in the end? That was weird.

It's a not-uncommon strategy ploy - and not necessarily a bad one at that, for a couple of reasons:

1. The usual "go with the House" logic: if you know or suspect (a) an insurmountable (un-flippable) majority of the House is voting to evict a particular HG and (b) most/all that majority is comprised of a single alliance, then strategically it makes sense to go with the majority vote.  At best, it keeps you off the alliance's radar; at worst, you deprive them of ammunition to use against you.
  2. On a more subtle level - if (a) the vote is expected to be split along the lines of opposing alliances and (b) the end result is considered to be pretty much a fait accompli, then skewing the vote more than is anticipated can create a false assumption on the part of the victorious alliance that the other alliance may be fractured, and individual members susceptible to overture.  Which can create an information-gathering opportunity for members of the losing alliance.

Occasionally it occurs to me that I have a tendency to overthink things....

I had to re-watch the first part of this, because the reactions to Jason's nomination were so funny. Meg's was the best, and most clueless: "Week after week, they keep voting out my peeps!" Yes, Meg, it's really weird that the three people in the house who have dominated the HOH room and whom you assume you're allied with keep targeting the people you hang out with and getting them out. What could possibly be the reason for that?

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 3

I'm surprised no one has called out Jason for cribbing his HOH speech from Daniele's on season 13. Whatever you may think of her game, Daniele made an impact on that season; Jason just sat around and smoked cigarettes. What makes him think he could plagiarize a speech and get away with it?!

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 2