Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Senate

Hortense falls for a chef who accompanies the Commodore on his return to Bellacourt Manor. Meanwhile, Frederick is subjected to a psychological evaluation to determine if he's fit for a Senate run; and Hamish tries to blackmail Chair.

They are really getting into their groove with this episode.  Jason Ritter is stealing the show.  And Natasha's one liners. 

Oh is the paper doing an article on how wearing brown shows off facial moles?

Step aside, Bowery Boys!

The scene with Hortense being hand-fed all that glop by the chef was disgusting but hilarious. They get away with an awful lot on this show. "I have one more blood sausage I want you to taste." Heh.

I never realized Frederick was supposed to be so stupid. He thinks he's heading off for "Washton, B.C."

• Love 2

From Sigmund Freud to Dr. Spaceman, Chris Parnell really excels at playing doctors who you probably don't want anywhere near you.

I thought for sure something was going to happen that would prevent Fredrick from actually going to the Senate, so I'm surprised that it ended up working out for him.  I'm guessing though that he'll still be hanging around though.  He better: Jason Ritter is killing it in this role.

No surprise, Christina Hendricks was awesome and hot, during Chair's "domination" of the Commodore.

Victor's fake outrage over Frederick being diagnose as a "homosexual", was perfect.

Hey, that was Brian J. White as the chef Hortense lost her V-card to. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The scene with Hortense being hand-fed all that glop by the chef was disgusting but hilarious. They get away with an awful lot on this show. "I have one more blood sausage I want you to taste." Heh.

When he was dangling that sausage and hitting her in the face with it, I felt a little dirty for watching it.

Edited by mrsbagnet

Beatrice really killed it for me as great as Ritter is. The whole ridiculous orgasms, and then Blanche kind of WTF-ed at the feather. 

I loved the food scene. 

• Love 1

They've failed us with a few other historical figures (Mark Twain, I'm looking at you!) but Freud was absolute gold!  Every last thing they had him involved in, either directly or peripherally.

Glad to finally see the Father.  They clearly had it planned all along that he wouldn't show up until now (Chair's plotline makes that clear) and the delayed gratification made it great.  Also we FINALLY get to see actual reasons for the screwed up dynamics of the family--I mean this puts the behavior of the Two Gay Husbands into an even more hilarious light, for example.

Also: Homosichuan. Hee.

So gloriously over the top, this episode.

(edited)

I want the gag reel for this show. There had to have been outtakes for "homoszechuan" - I'm adding it to my list of guaranteed gag reel one-liners alongside "coon tie tycoon." There's probably outtakes from the post-funeral breastfeeding too - poor Riki Lindhome was trying so hard to keep her face straight.

Freud was fun, but pretty much what I was expecting, right down to the incest joke. Helen Keller is my favorite historic bit so far, because a cocaine-fueled drinking brawl was not how I saw that scene going. I think we get Ponzi next week - that has a lot of promise.

Edited by coppersin

They've failed us with a few other historical figures (Mark Twain, I'm looking at you!) but Freud was absolute gold! Every last thing they had him involved in, either directly or peripherally.

Taking this to the cast thread.

Edited by editorgrrl