Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/20/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Oh my god...the book is real?  I thought it was a stupid joke.  Okay, it's probably still a stupid joke.  However, she is really writing a book about relationships?  Yikes.

Yeah, teenagers are assholes.  Way to stereotype you idiot.  As a high school teacher I can tell you the proportion of asshole teens is approximately equal to the proportion of asshole adults.  Funny how that works.

I went on cheap Tuesday to see Magic Mike and it cost me $5.39 here in southern Ontario.  I paid $10.50 to see a matinee a week earlier.  For 2 hours entertainment, I can't complain.

I'm all kinds of stunned that this is a real thing….Whoopi Goldberg writing a book about relationships.  I mean, really, who is going to buy this book?  Publishing always targets an audience.  Who the hell is going to buy this???

I also think that she was projecting re: teenagers are assholes.  She was probably an asshole, her daughter was perhaps an asshole, therefore she just assumes it is a universal state of mind. Except it's not.  I know a person (at arms length) who is a sketchy liar.   He thinks everyone is a dishonest sketchy liar, because that is his comfort zone.  It's bizarre.  I know so many lovely, deep-thinking, accomplished teenagers….that statement was really stupid.  I think there is a normal amount of development and angst in the teen years, but labelling all as assholes is not a good thing.    

• Love 8
I'm all kinds of stunned that this is a real thing….Whoopi Goldberg writing a book about relationships.  I mean, really, who is going to buy this book?  Publishing always targets an audience.  Who the hell is going to buy this???

I have a friend--we're 75 and we've been friends for 67 years who will buy it.  She's a big fan of Whoopi's, always saying, "I know you don't like her, but..." and then regaling me with some stupid crap Whoopi spouted on the show.  There IS hope.  She used to be a BIG fan of All Things Kardashian...following every move of every one of them.  Now she says she only watches for the comedy.  Whoopi has at least one sale.

• Love 2

I have a friend--we're 75 and we've been friends for 67 years who will buy it.  She's a big fan of Whoopi's, always saying, "I know you don't like her, but..." and then regaling me with some stupid crap Whoopi spouted on the show.  There IS hope.  She used to be a BIG fan of All Things Kardashian...following every move of every one of them.  Now she says she only watches for the comedy.  Whoopi has at least one sale.

Have you considered an intervention?

• Love 6

Is your lifetime BFF really looking for relationship advice from Whoopi Goldberg or just likes Whoopi's vibe regardless of what information she is dispensing.  The only thing I'll say in the defence of the vapid Kardashian's is they don't really preach or project any ugly.  They aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but they seem to really love and support each other, aren't typical rich-kid addicts or entitled bullies.   So, that's something….I sort of love the Armenians, so I'm going out on a limb and attributing any restraint to that side of the family :) 

• Love 2

Matchalove and Foghorn Leghorn, my friend has been able to skip* through life without any type of critical thinking...just a sort of Pollyanna who's surprised when someone points out anything negative.  She takes almost everything at face value.  Also, she's a "listener" who rarely contributes to conversations.  It didn't drive me crazy for the first thirty years.

*She wouldn't actually skip because someone might think she's not sophisticated.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm all kinds of stunned that this is a real thing….Whoopi Goldberg writing a book about relationships.  I mean, really, who is going to buy this book?  Publishing always targets an audience.  Who the hell is going to buy this???    

Maybe the same people who bought her book of MANNERS?

thumb_whoopisbigbookofmanners.jpg

No, I'm not joking.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1423129105/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=08C54BSM38Y1Q32B1JA2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

I'm all kinds of stunned that this is a real thing….Whoopi Goldberg writing a book about relationships.  I mean, really, who is going to buy this book?  Publishing always targets an audience.  Who the hell is going to buy this???

The same people who would buy (a supposed) parenting book by Sherri?

• Love 3

Did Sherri write a parenting book?  I thought she only "wrote" the diet book.

Oh, I can see how Whoopi could author a relationship book.  She's always talking about the multitudes of men lining up to have sex with her*.  I guess all that practice makes her an expert.

(* Unless she's making jokes about her relationship with her vibrator.)

• Love 1