Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Emily is standing on tiptoes trying to avoid getting dwarfed by those two.

And still not succeeding. :) I'm going to like each and every one of these I see on Twitter.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

Yeah, I need context too, because every time I watch Amell talking to a camera on Facebook I regret it. What did Brandon say before "who could hate me"?

SA was just answering fan questions on FB. So that's all Brandon asked.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The latest Green Arrow sales are what, like 5% of Arrow's measurable viewing audience, and probably a minuscule percentage of the number of people whose viewership doesn't get counted in the actual ratings - yeah, they likely don't care, haha.

More like 2.5%, 62k issues sold last month and S4 of Arrow averaged about 2.5 million viewers doe Live+SD.

OK i get the gif now, looks like the 2nd img was missing. 

Who's Brandon Richardson? Is he a fan who just posted a question on FB or a muckety muck somewhere?

Not surprised by SA's response. He sees the BS posted on FB page, including being called a traitor for promoting the "annoying" blonde chick over grand comic canon love :P

• Love 1
Just now, dtissagirl said:

Oh! Thanks. So it WAS a gratuitous dig. Huh.

Yeah, pretty much. Haha. I mean, he has a point though. They hate him a lot and think he ruined GA even though dude doesn't even write the show. LOGIC everybody!

• Love 2

Hey Cassie:

words mean things.jpg

The only times Oliver was ever smiley were when the show came closest to resembling the "romantic comedy" Cassie says needs to stop? So should he...get back together with Felicity and start smiling again, OR keep brooding as he has done for 3.5 of 4 seasons? Also--every comic book show I've come across features "whiny crying and sullen faces," so like, maybe it's not the genre for you, pal.

• Love 19

Most days I wish Arrow was never a comic book show. It just cause unnecessary tension. And ultimately, I think it messes with writers. I think they are confused about what genre show they want to be. And at the end of the day they revert to the worst comic book tricks to get them out of their dumb mistakes they made while trying to be a gritty TV drama.

• Love 10

SA's facebook video chat from Sep. 27, 2016...

-- SA: "We are on Day 3 of our 100th episode, which is also the first official day of the crossover, meaning that four different shows are cross-boarded and everyone is working together. So I started the morning on Arrow and this afternoon I'm going to a show that's not Arrow."

-- SA: "Colin Calvert said that, uh, 'Hate mail is fan mail.' That's a good point. It's a good point. Hate mail is fan mail. So, yeah, to those guys whose childhood I ruined, to those guys who are using a power drill during my lunch hour when I theoretically could be napping, thank you. Thank you very much."

-- SA: "Brandon Richardson said, 'Who could hate me?' Comic book fans. You'd be surprised. You'd be surprised. But it's not hate. It's all love. It's interest."

Edited by tv echo

Elysia Rotaru at MCM Comic Con Copenhagen last weekend (courtesy of Munväder)...

-- ER joked about how she and SA didn't even touch the whole season, saying: "It was just kinda written that way. It was weird."

-- ER and SA had this one episode where he (Oliver) was supposed to kiss her (Taiana) by giving her CPR, but it didn't happen.  She was preparing the night before "with her breathing" because it's "a technical thing" and SA is a "big guy." So she practiced with her boyfriend compressing her chest. That scene was written out.

-- ER talked about the challenges of working with different directors on the same show, saying: "It's damn cool, but it's also really damn frustrating... I was talking to Stephen when we were working together about it and he's the guy who kinda kept it together a little bit - like, don't tell anybody about it because don't do that, but he was like - because it's his show. Also, because he knows everything. You know? So he was the one who was kinda telling directors, like, 'okay, Bob, you know, last week we shot this, so this week can we like change up where we were sitting?' Um, like, you know, in the caves? Did anyone see the cave scenes in the beginning? Like, I was sitting on that bed a lot, right? And then, you know, one director came in and he was like, 'okay, we're going to do this shot and you're going to be on the bed.' And Stephen and I were just kinda like, 'okay, uh, we sat on this bed for the last two episodes, like, just so you know.' And he was like, 'okay, we're not sitting on the bed.' Right? The show hasn't aired, so he hasn't seen it. So it was great because Stephen was like, 'yo, man, just so you know, we've been on this bed the whole time.' So you have to have, you know, a little bit of that with those directors as they come through. But I like it, because it's also a different energy. And I'm not there every day - I wasn't there every day. Like how Stephen and Emily and Willa and whoever else was there every day... So for me it was exciting too, because it was like 'fresh blood.' You know. Yah! 'Boss me around.' 'What do you want me to do today? Let''s do it.' So it was cool."

-- ER is also a voice actor and is currently working on two series right now, but can't say anything more. 

-- Although a lot of her colleagues hate it, ER said that she loves being typecast because at least it means she's working. She also does a lot of independent stuff for free as a way of exploring characters without stereotyping. 

Elysia Rotaru (with Emily Swallow, Greg Bryk and Greyston Holt) dancing at Comic Con Copenhagen 2016 (courtesy of Lotte Elsholm)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- ER joked about how she and SA didn't even touch the whole season, saying: "It was just kinda written that way. It was weird."

LOLOLOLOL.

It's called black hole of anti-chemistry, Elysia. It's a true thing that exists in Hollywood that all writers, producers, and network executives see as tangible and measurable. Sure they hired you as love interest, but then they watched dailies and THEY KNEW THEY WERE FUCKED. So they wrote against it. And this time it was way easier, because they had lots of practice in S1.

Mind you, 50% of the anti-chemistry comes directly at you from Amell, but it's not like they can change THAT.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

It's so weird to me that they watched dailies but, still decided to go down that route. Like really? They couldn't find anyone better?

I don't understand.  They wouldn't have been able to change anything other than the direction of the story, once they saw the dailies. In fact they obviously did change froma potential LI to nothing.

• Love 5

I imagine hiring someone low pay to be on set 1 single day every other week, for 9 months, is not exactly easy. They probably figured she's pretty, and she convinced them at audition that she can do the accent [lol]. But yeah, they were stuck with her the minute they hired her.

• Love 5

I'm kinda curious about when the writers decided to drop the LI part of Poppy's role. She first showed up in the second episode, although I don't remember a lot of interaction with Oliver. I think she had a line about him taking to being a bad guy like fish taking to water. But as late as ep 12, I think, they were still trying to sell that Oliver was in love with her (Shado hallucination). So when during the watching of the dailies did they realize, "Oh sh*t, we got Laurel 2.0 here."

It's weird though, you would've thought they'd do a chemistry test with SA for a love interest role but I'm guessing they didn't care because it was just flashbacks? 

SA did have chemistry with the actress who played Shado though so it's not impossible. Haha.

• Love 1

He had some chemistry with Celina Jade but it pales in comparison to Celine/Manu's chemistry, IMO.

In any case, I thought I read somewhere that they did a Chemistry test with SA/Celina.

As for Poppy it's possible that they did a chem test. I think I remember reading something about an actress claiming chem tests were easy, just show some skin.

• Love 3

I'm with Dtissagirl's speculation here - Arrow had to find an actress capable of doing something vaguely related to an Eastern European/Russian accent, willing to work at scale for a one day of filming per week for Arrow's full season - a schedule that, while leaving her with plenty of time to audition/train for other roles, would make it difficult for her to find/do another job elsewhere during a 28 week period, outside of a maybe a day player job for another Vancouver show, even though she would only be appearing/paid for 18 episodes of a 23 episode season.  My guess is that budget/availability/willingness to drop other potential projects for this were larger factors than chemistry. On Rotaru's side, I expect she was hoping this would open doors to other genre work/conventions, so it was worth taking on. And it does seem to have opened convention work to her, and IMDB shows that she's working other projects.

And to be completely fair to both Amell and Rotaru, my issue with the flashbacks wasn't their acting or chemistry or whatever, but that with the exception of the Constantine episode, the flashbacks really didn't seem to be trying to get anywhere until the last two episodes - either with training Oliver to become the Arrow or with taking down the mysterious group on the island and figuring out why they were there.  Smoking hot chemistry wouldn't have fixed that, at least for me.

• Love 13