Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

DR said they're trying to get an OTA panel added

DR asked if people were sad about BC getting killed off.  Most people said happy, or laughed, i clapped. he said "boy you people dont play in the UK". 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 14

Let's hope at some point two of them crash the other one's panel. I'm guessing they're going to crash Emily's.

BTW, look at Emily front and center in that poster! :D

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Instead I would be surprised if they came back anytime soon with the way the writers wrote them. I saw no interest in exploring that from them.

If they do bring them back, I think it will be a while yet. Maybe not even next season. But let's just say O/F get back together and get married. At some point the topic of kids and having a family will be bought up. We know Oliver wants that, if he could have it. And I don't think they could start a family knowing he's already got a child out there. That would be weird/wrong, IMO.

I have no desire to see kids on Arrow and would be more than happy if that waited until a flash forward at the end of the show but for arguments sake, I can see ways they'd bring William back if they wanted to.

This is all just dumb spec so it's no big deal anyway!

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If they do bring them back, I think it will be a while yet. Maybe not even next season. But let's just say O/F get back together and get married. At some point the topic of kids and having a family will be bought up. We know Oliver wants that, if he could have it. And I don't think they could start a family knowing he's already got a child out there. That would be weird/wrong, IMO.

I have no desire to see kids on Arrow and would be more than happy if that waited until a flash forward at the end of the show but for arguments sake, I can see ways they'd bring William back if they wanted to.

This is all just dumb spec so it's no big deal anyway!

My point is I didn't see them showing any real interest in them on the show, just as a plot point. They could have left the door open but they made it so no one knows where they went and when they showed the worst moment of Oliver's life losing the kid or the kid getting kidnapped wasn't in it. It seems to me those characters for them served their purpose and they can forget about them now.

I'm not saying it's impossible, everything is possible, but right now I'm not seeing any indication they have any intention of doing that.

• Love 3
(edited)

DR just cracked me up, said Baby Sara's actor was always mugging for the camera and upstaging him. Everytime they cut away for the baby's reaction that she was like "aww, mom and dad at it again"

DR mentioned that Diggle lied to Lyla about killing Andy to protect himself, not her. Said it was very un Diggle like

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

My point is I didn't see them showing any real interest in them on the show, just as a plot point. They could have left the door open but they made it so no one knows where they went and when they showed the worst moment of Oliver's life losing the kid or the kid getting kidnapped wasn't in it. It seems to me those characters for them served their purpose and they can forget about them now.

I'm not saying it's impossible, everything is possible, but right now I'm not seeing any indication they have any intention of doing that.

Yeah, I got what you were saying. No worries.

I just read on twitter that DR felt like Diggle was relegated to the background in s3. HE'S ONE OF US. 

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just read on twitter that DR felt like Diggle was relegated to the background in s3. HE'S ONE OF US. 

I want someone to ask him if he felt that the BC arc should have been a Spartan trilogy. IMO that is what would have made sense in story. 

• Love 3

I don't really find that surprising.

And now I'm convinced he's doing it on purpose just to get a reaction out of people. Quick, stop asking him that and we'll likely see him dress properly.

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

i don't recall him saying that outright. i know someone mentioned that they were glad to see Diggle out there fighting and not stuck in the back like in S3 and he agreed with them. He talked about getting to more street level fighting with Diggle and Oliver in the field and Felicity working her computer magic.  DR is pretty much the most hardcore OTA fan around, he seems to really love the S1/S2 vibe with the 3 of them working together. 

oh someone asked about the sparring session in 416 or 417 and DR mentioned that they have 2 stunt guys that cover SA and DR and they work together a lot but, that DR/SA hadn't worked together that much so the stunt guys showed each of them their moves. then when it was time they would switch out so DR would fight SA's stunt guy and then SA would fight  DRs. Said they had to do it that way because you don't want to actors who haven't worked together often doing stunts with sticks (could hit/hurt the other actor)

he also mentioned that he had to do  a lot of ADR work with Spartan because the helmet constantly muffled the lines.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

@Morrigan2575 (and whoever else from this board who is at the con) were you able to attend Emily's panel? I'm seeing tweets saying Emily said she was told Felicity, Digg were safe from the beginning of S4. Other tweets said something about Stephen, Emily and Grant would not be killed off. Did the posters get confused or are these 2 different things? Thanks!

sadly no, I'm im Hall 2 so i don't get Emily or SA until tomorrow. 

they're putting her Sunday Lounge tickets on sale tomorrow moring, going to try and get one first thing. 

CR just got back to her autograph line, she ditched it for 15-20 min to go interrupt EBRs panel.

Tom C is adorably sweet and very, very tiny. He's a thin guy.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

sadly no, I'm im Hall 2 so i don't get Emily or SA until tomorrow. 

they're putting her Sunday Lounge tickets on sale tomorrow moring, going to try and get one first thing. 

CR just got back to her autograph line, she ditched it for 15-20 min to go interrupt EBRs panel.

Tom C is adorably sweet and very, very tiny. He's a thin guy.

Ahh, OK. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your panel responses and your con experience with us :)

• Love 2

From what I'm reading online, I don't always agree with stuff EBR says. LOL. She wants more Felicity/Curtis and she thinks killing BC was a mistake. Add that to her previous talk about preferring Ray and loving Raylicity and I'm like...um...I love you EBR but no. Haha.

Sounds like everyone had a blast in EBR's panel though, so I hope you guys going tomorrow have fun!

(edited)

Regarding BC, I think that's the only thing she could say about the choice. Not to say she doesn't actually believe that, but I do think her response was limited.

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Re OTA panel...

Crossing fingers. Saying a prayer.  

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

I got photos with OTA separately and each experience was better than the last. At Stephens photoshoot it was really quick. He was going through people in literally 15-30 seconds so there wasn't really time to talk at all. There weren't any 'poses'. I introduced myself and shook his hand first, then he got my name wrong (but that's okay), and I was out like a second later. 

David Ramsey was a bit more 'chill'. He was still going through people fast, but he was happy to do poses with people. I got a hug off him and he chose a pose for us, but we didn't really talk. It was still super fun though. And he does smell good. 

Emily was also a lot more chill. Like I said earlier, they only got through upgrades and A and B, but I got let through because I told the guys at the door that I wouldn't be in tomorrow. She was dancing about and trying to get everyone in the queue dancing. She had a quick chat with people and she was really happy to do poses as well. When I went up, she complemented me on my industrial piercing, and I told her that I got it because of her, and she told me it looked good on me. 

John Barrowmans panel was amazing, it was so funny and I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. He told a really funny anecdote about silent farting. David Ramsey also did a great panel. 

I didn't think that the queue for EBR autographs was that bad, but I got there early. That was also really quick though. They queue for a DR autograph was long (and it was annoying because there was a separate queue for those with priority tickets, who could 'butt in' when they wanted) but doable. He was really cool as well. 

I felt really bad for the guy who plays Wally West. There wasn't a lot of people at his panel, and his queue for autographs was completely empty. I felt bad so I went over to get one, but he's a sponsored guest so I couldn't get one without a ticket anyway.

• Love 8

I think Emily would have given the same answer whoever was the character being killed off. What I don't like is saying she and KC were pushing to create a LL/FS friendship on screen because that's not their job and those two characters didn't have that type of relationship. They should play their characters according to the story, not to what they decide it should happen maybe based on off screen relationships or personal headcanons that aren't in line with what the writers are doing.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think Emily would have given the same answer whoever was the character being killed off. What I don't like is saying she and KC were pushing to create a LL/FS friendship on screen because that's not their job and those two characters didn't have that type of relationship. They should play their characters according to the story, not to what they decide it should happen maybe based on off screen relationships or personal headcanons that aren't in line with what the writers are doing.

Of two minds about this. I had no desire to watch Felicity and Laurel be BFFs. It wouldn't feel right, especially with KC's head canon that ruled her characters existence. That being said, I do believe that female relationships are important and I do want actresses to speak up when the writers aren't putting in an effort.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Of two minds about this. I had no desire to watch Felicity and Laurel be BFFs. It wouldn't feel right, especially with KC's head canon that ruled her characters existence. That being said, I do believe that female relationships are important and I do want actresses to speak up when the writers aren't putting in an effort.

But it has to make sense in the story. Like I don't know, try to work more on Laurel/Thea for example. But especially knowing that Laurel was putting the moves on Oliver the moment Felicity and Oliver broke up what kind of friendship is there between Felicity and Laurel?

Also speak up, fine, but adding stuff in the scenes because their headcanon is that they are friends is something else and I don't think it's their job, unless the idea is shared by the writers.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tallis said:

Oh boy, the Hall 1 people will be mega pissed off if they manage that.

heh! it's the last panel of the con so I'm really hoping they make it work.

CR is utterly adorable.  her autograph line was really long but, i stuck with it. she also took her time to talk to everyone. when i was 2 back the lady in front of me had the same poster and one of the guys signed over her picture.  she made a comment like someone drew on my face and i gasped. she looked at me and said "did you just "mimicking my gasping noise" i said yes, she smiled and nodded her head. then when it was my turn she was looking for a place to sign bc her picture was small and at the bottom, i told her to sign over BR.  she did and then started talking about boobs, the pic next to BR is Jason Momoa as Kahl Drago and he's got an impressive man boob going so we laughed about that. she told me if i was getting his signature i had to ask him about his man boobs.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

I would've found a strong friendship between the two kind of a stretch, but knowing how Laurel still felt about Oliver when she died put everything in a terribly icky light post-death, so I'm glad we didn't get more than what we did. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I've seen other tweets say that EBR knew OTA were pretty safe. So who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest
41 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Well, the show was trying to sell the idea that Felicity and Laurel were very good friends, enough that LL's death would have a huge impact on Felicity as seen in the flashback. But the show also seemed not quite willing to invest that time on establishing that. So if EBR and KC tried to do more to show that friendship on screen then I say yay for them. I do see it as kinda part of their job to add that layer if because the show itself keeps telling us that when it should have been showing it.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, the show was trying to sell the idea that Felicity and Laurel were very good friends, enough that LL's death would have a huge impact on Felicity as seen in the flashback. But the show also seemed not quite willing to invest that time on establishing that. So if EBR and KC tried to do more to show that friendship on screen then I say yay for them. I do see it as kinda part of their job to add that layer if because the show itself keeps telling us that when it should have been showing it.

Honestly I don't think the show has been even telling us that and that Felicity would have had the same reaction for any dead team member of Team Arrow, Team Flash and Team LoT.

• Love 3