Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

12s? Impressive lol

This guy is going to dwarf Emily. He is 6'4.

Lmao! I got this off of tumblr :p People are crazy quick 

ALSO LMAO IT LOOKS LIKE SHE'S WEARING HEELS IN THAT PIC TOO :p He's just that tall

Edited by wonderwall

I never had any doubt that DR would be there. I'm happy he is going and I hope he does a joint panel with him and SA. The last one seemed to be a lot of fun.

I predict a lot of "Yes! Now Emily for Original Team Arrow!" tweets.

• Love 3

Here's hoping, since he's the one they just announced, haha.

PHgYvzi.png

Putting those sleeves to work, sir! 

Sometimes I think that he has to get his dress shirts custom made because his arms don't fit the normal ones :p Mmmmm

I predict a lot of "Yes! Now Emily for Original Team Arrow!" tweets.

Half of the responses are legit like this :p 

• Love 1

I don't know why people are surprised that EBR might not go to the heroes fest thing. She rarely does cons. I think she might do this one as SA is more involved but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't. 

I don't know why people are surprised that EBR might not go to the heroes fest thing. She rarely does cons. I think she might do this one as SA is more involved but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't. 

I don't think anyone would be surprised if she didn't go, I just think that a lot of people are really hoping that she will. 

I don't think anyone would be surprised if she didn't go, I just think that a lot of people are really hoping that she will. 

Well, of course. But the way people are reacting on twitter is almost like they're expecting her to go because of all the hype and now they're disappointed.

I just need to stay away from twitter. Too much drama.

And the con's twitter account keeps teasing the fans,making it look like she might go so I get why people are getting their hopes up.Its kind of of annoying how they're using her fans to get more followers,like just say if you know she'll be there or not.

• Love 1

With today being her birthday, it would have been the perfect time to announcer her if she was going. I'm still hopeful she will go and I do think SA organizing it gives it more weight. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't go. Cons aren't her thing and I respect that.

FanFest is going to use the Olicity/Team Arrow/Emily fans for all the PR they can. Understand from a PR perspective but it also makes me a little annoyed. They tease the fans with Emily, but when the fans express displease when they announce another they fav/unfav a tweet shaming them for voicing that. It gets things messy. 

• Love 4

The "Yay for DR! Now who else is going?" responses are making me cringe so hard.

I don't know, it doesn't bother me so much. Since the twitter account mentioned that they were holding off announcing this until next week, it seems like they know the line up. I get that they're trying to build up some buzz, but I hate that they're spacing out the announcements like this. Fans are naturally anxious to find out who's going to be there because they want to plan. So, trickling out the announcements makes those posts ripe for the "who's next!" treatment.

• Love 3

The "Yay for DR! Now who else is going?" responses are making me cringe so hard.

lol at least its not well now I'm not going anymore like when they announced KC.The con twitter account made it messy by making people think its gonna be EBR,if she's not going.

After getting EBR fans' hopes up for tonight's announcement, David Ramsey being the announced guest is perhaps the one person fans would be the least upset about. However, I think reactions might be different if Emily doesn't get announced at all after all of this, lol.

How did the con get people's hopes up about Emily? 

A poll was posted were people could vote who they wanted to see most and EBR won or was close to so people assumed that meant there's a good chance she'll be there.They also answered to people who were saying they won't go if its not EBR saying like too bad,you would like the next announcement and faving tweets about her.I'm not saying thats bad or anything,they want publicity so I get it its just annoying IMO.

Also:

Fan: "she IS magic. Even @heroesfanfest knows it (it's her birthday guys still waiting on that announcement)

heroesfanfest's reply to fan's tweet: We'll working on the final approvals from their team to announce it! Cross your fingers!

I think that was rather who they would try to get to come. That really doesn't sound like any sort of confirmation to me.  (Also I never saw said poll) 

I don't expect Grant to go even though he apparently was one of the top 5 choices.

I mean, if they're saying they would try to get her to come (assuming they had Emily in mind since the fan mentioned Emily), though it isn't a confirmation, it's enough to give fans hope. I don't know what else to say?

(edited)

The poll was deleted. Pretty sure someone realized the error of their ways. 

ETA: Don't know why Emily was listed twice. Maybe someone wrote her in before realizing she was already there or it was just an error. I remember Elsa and the hunter who killed Bambi's mother were also options. 

Edited by 10Eleven12

Is that the actual poll (that I can't seem to find on either facebook page)?

Why is Emily listed twice? Who are the options below Caity?

That is a screenshot of the actual poll, it was the most recent screenshot I could find on twitter. The poll was originally started by SA on the Heroes Fan Fest Facebook page, but it was taken down.

People could submit the names of whomever they wanted in the poll, so that's how Emily got listed twice. Also, since people could submit whomever they wanted there were a lot more people listed than are in that screenshot (it would have been too big to screenshot all of the names). If I remember correctly, the person directly below Caity was Robbie Amell.

(edited)

The poll was deleted. Pretty sure someone realized the error of their ways. 

ETA: Don't know why Emily was listed twice. Maybe someone wrote her in before realizing she was already there or it was just an error. I remember Elsa and the hunter who killed Bambi's mother were also options. 

Heh. I didn't even know those options were there.

On the flip side, if people complain, the organizers can claim that they got 7 out of the top 10 vote getters (assuming Robbie Amell was after Caity Lotz) and shrug off unhappy people as being too demanding. I think CH will probably go if invited. I'm doubtful about EBR, and it seems GG and WH don't go to cons at all.

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

I remember Elsa and the hunter who killed Bambi's mother were also options. 

....that's kinda hilarious.

Were Candice/anyone else from Flash there?

and it seems GG and WH don't go to cons at all.

Willa's started to go to more (and went to several "media" ones before)

Edited by wingster55
(edited)

It's posts like this one that make me think that someone at CW Arrow is monitoring fan boards and fan sites...

Arrow ‏@CW_Arrow  18h18 hours ago

The heart behind #TeamArrow. Happy Birthday @EmilyBett!

CKssku7UAAAqupD.png

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/624642217957679104

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/591632914308078/?type=1&theater

Wendy Mericle ‏@MericlesHappen  17h17 hours ago
Happy Birthday to the amazing, talented, and hilarious @EmilyBett!

https://twitter.com/MericlesHappen/status/624674420263530496

Marc Guggenheim retweeted
Arrow Prod. Office ‏@ArrowProdOffice  21h21 hours ago
Happy Birthday to Ms. @EmilyBett!! xo

https://twitter.com/ArrowProdOffice/status/624615139820507137

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters  18h18 hours ago
Happiest of birthdays to @EmilyBett! May your day bring you as much joy as Felicity felt in the below moment:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CKtBGwOUEAAjq8J.mp4

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/624664558355943424

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim  21h21 hours ago

To all asking about an Arrow S4 trailer, it's in the works. We have a release date, just not ready to announce it yet.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/624596916609781761

James Bamford ‏@JamesBamford  7h7 hours ago

Our cast.......oooooooh our cast. Stone cold killers. Don't $@!?/" with them. If you could see what I see right now...... #ArrowSeason4

https://twitter.com/JamesBamford/status/624827341361954816

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

KL and KY arriving at MCM Manchester Comic Con today...

Katrina Law ‏@Misskatrinalaw  3h3 hours ago
LIVE on #Periscope: MCM Manchester Comic Con
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aINbUDYxODUxNDN8NDY2MjM3MDOt0NIKZcA_Qhau7LKTtCfHe9skQCFtKwMkhKSIS4moiQ==

https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw/status/624887885578268672

karl yune ‏@KarlYune  6h6 hours ago
Very excited to see everyone here at Manchester @MCMComicCon

https://twitter.com/KarlYune/status/624848407744671745

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Apparently the Funko marketing team opened themselves up for questions yesterday and got bombarded with requests for a Felicity Smoak Funko POP! figure...

Funko ‏@OriginalFunko  16h16 hours ago
You've got the ENTIRE Funko marketing team (Cameron, Yoko & Mark) here to answer your questions until the candle on our desk burns down. GO!
Funko ‏@OriginalFunko  15h15 hours ago
Does anyone have any non-Felicity Smoak related questions? Please?
Funko ‏@OriginalFunko  15h15 hours ago
We're out of time - thanks for the great questions and for your patience with our silly jokes. #TeamFelicity - Yoko, Cameron & Mark

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko

Edited by tv echo

I bursted out laughing when I saw their "Does anyone have any non-Felicity Smoak related questions? Please?" tweet!

Like I was not expecting them to admit they were only getting Felicity Smoak questions. LMAO!

As far as I know, they haven't given a satisfactory answer as to why they don't have a Felicity Funko, and they haven't given a serious "no" or "yes" about whether or not she's in the works. I think if they said, for example "No, she's not in the plans because DC/CW haven't approved" or "No, we don't think she's going to sell", then the fans can direct their efforts in other ways than just bugging them about it.

• Love 1

I'm of the impression that they just don't know that the girl in glasses and a ponytail is as much as a hero as the ones in the costumes.  They probably think she's just a love interest.  

It's better to be active and assertive in fandom than sitting around just complaining and expecting something for nothing. If you don't ask, you don't get. Simple.

And now there's been confirmation by the Funko makers themselves that they've heard what people want. It's a good thing.

• Love 16

And they usually don't announce new figures until it's made. But also I think after tweeting the picture of the superhero prayer circle, and also them actually saying that they want non FS questions...I think it's time to pull it back some. 

I think fans would if Funko actually gave them something concrete. They let fans know they heard them but they could easily add a "There isn't one in the works right now, but we will let you know if anything changes!" Or "Now that we know, you need to let so-and-so know you want to see Felicity Smoak!" Or "Be on the lookout!" Give them something at least.

• Love 1

As far as I know, they haven't given a satisfactory answer as to why they don't have a Felicity Funko, and they haven't given a serious "no" or "yes" about whether or not she's in the works. I think if they said, for example "No, she's not in the plans because DC/CW haven't approved" or "No, we don't think she's going to sell", then the fans can direct their efforts in other ways than just bugging them about it.

I don't think they will give any answer until they see if the Felicity Smoak one DC is doing will sell or not!

An old tweet of Emily's about Kim Possible has been floating around again and Will Friedle retweeted and responded and I feel like she has officially made it in life because Boy Meets World. FEENY!!!!

• Love 4

I don't think they will give any answer until they see if the Felicity Smoak one DC is doing will sell or not!

Well, that's not fair, because that DC action figure does not interest me, but I would jump on a cute Pop Funko Felicity. Oh merch people, I often don't understand your decisions. 

• Love 10