Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Posted by PopCandiesTV...

Katie Cassidy & Emily Bett Rickards with David Ramsey enter 2015 Comic Con SD

Katie Cassidy & Emily Bett Rickards enter After Party for 2015 Comic Con SD

Still... who is the story continuity editor on this show?  Do they have one?  It's not too late to correct, but it will never happen if MG is unaware of the problem.

Keto Shimizu was the story editor for the first two seasons, and Beth Schwartz took over for S3.

No idea if they keep a Show Bible on Arrow, but my first instinct is to say LOL NO, they totally don't.

• Love 7

The more the people who work on the show keep confusing their Canaries, the more I'm gonna point and laugh forever. Whoever came up with the idea of having two Canaries deserve a Dumbest EVER award stat.

• Love 17

Aww MG I want to see More Felicity sexual innuendos and her in control in the bedroom as well as kissing each other's scars oh poo lol

I'm confused.  What in his answers seems to preclude any of the above?

I'm confused.  What in his answers seems to preclude any of the above?

When asked about these plus more shirtless Oliver he answers that More Shirtless Oliver 's coming but nothing about that lol

The difference is I am a fan & MG is a showrunner. I don't need to know show bible & character minutiae but MG should - especially if he is addressing questions on Tumblr about it. He should know that in s1 OQ spoke/understood Mandarin with some conviction - perhaps not fluency but still he has more than rudimentary understanding of Mandarin (which is still a lot considering how difficult it is to learn Asian languages).

I don't think it's a showrunner's duty to know the full Bible. I mean, if they do that's great, but it's not a job requirement exactly. That's what executive story editors are for. The story editor is the one who needs to be incredibly familiar with all of the minutia, so that they can correct discrepancies on the go. And they also need to be the person taking note of everything that *aired*. Showrunners end up with muddled information because they're the ones reading multiple script drafts, and then watching dailies, and then watching different cuts of the episodes. They have information overload working against them.

I also don't think showrunners should be on Tumblr answering questions, especially if they're not the kind to know the entire bible, but that's a whole other matter.

• Love 5
(edited)

Katie with Emily and her friend, Fanta in Vancouver hanging out.

There's also this video of Fanta answering question from Emily's fans, she talks about the Arrow cast a few times. She talks about meeting Stephen outside her apartment, saying every time he sees her he rans across to say hello, she also told the story of how she met Emily, she didn't really know her until they had an acting class together and when she said a joke only Emily laughed, their friendship started form there and she also mentioned that she doesn't ship Olicity, it's her least favorite couple of the show because she thinks that's not the kind of relationship that is healthy for Felicity. 

Edited by rainydawn

she also mentioned that she doesn't ship Olicity, it's her least favorite couple of the show because she thinks that's not the kind of relationship that is healthy for Felicity. 

Lmao I love olicity as all of you know, but it was funny watching the fandom freak out a bit over this... Of course not everyone did, but it was still entertaining :p

• Love 1
(edited)

Lmao I love olicity as all of you know, but it was funny watching the fandom freak out a bit over this... Of course not everyone did, but it was still entertaining :p

If Felicity were a real person and my friend, I would totally not want her with Oliver. Just like I'd want Veronica with Piz, not Logan, and like Sarah Jessica Parker wanted Carrie with the carpenter guy, not Big. What makes for a fascinating dramatic relationship is not necessarily what makes for a great real life relationship, a lot of the time. So I hope people don't freak on her, bc she probably somewhat equates "Felicity" and her friend EBR, even if not intentionally.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 10
(edited)

I personally didn't see anyone be rude to her. But I did hear other people saw some rudeness but thankfully I don't think it was tagged. I think they were just trying to laugh it off and pretending that she was joking around.

I think S3 messed Olicity for a lot of people. I even maintained that Felicity deserved better in S3 and they shouldn't have gotten together especially during episodes 12-18. 

That being said, I feel like the people who say that Olicity are bad for each other and are toxic are in for a rude awakening in S4 when we get to see them be deliriously happy together. :) 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I'm feeling a little suspicious today... but do you think she perhaps said that she did not ship Olicity just so she could get more attention?? It definitely will get her more clicks and then she can always be conveniently convinced by the fans and garner more press.

That being said, I understand why people have reservations about Olicity being the best relationship for Felicity. S3 was misleading and did not put the relationship in the best light. But I feel that s4 will rectify that. I think it is a healthy relationship once you remove the for plot angst that they wrote in. The foundation & core is good, but like all relationships its not perfect & there is definitely areas of improvement.

• Love 7
(edited)

LOL whaaaat. I don't know why anyone would freak out on her. She's entitled to her opinion. I don't agree with her though. I don't know exactly what she said because I haven't watched her video or anything, but I don't agree that Olicity's relationship is unhealthy for Felicity. I won't lie that it had its moments in s3 but unhealthy? Hardly. 

She got some attention though so…ha. I'm feeling cynical today.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Olicity is epic, lives ruined, blood shed. Great for drama. But even at his best Oliver is fairly screwed up. I can see being Felicity's friend or parent and wanting something more stable and safe for her. On tv, I totally want them together (and Oliver to stop being a controlling ahole), but IRL, I probably would not. I mean realistically, you wouldn't want your friend having anything to do with a guy who fights crime in green leather, especially when she commits vast numbers of state and federal crimes to do so.

• Love 3

I think the fans talked about it in their accounts without @ which is what people should always do. There's nothing wrong with not shipping Olicity but I wouldn't say it's because one doesn't deserve the other or they're not healthy, especially when you have on the same show relationships based on swapping sisters, cheating and stalking.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the fans talked about it in their accounts without @ which is what people should always do. There's nothing wrong with not shipping Olicity but I wouldn't say it's because one doesn't deserve the other or they're not healthy, especially when you have on the same show relationships based on swapping sisters, cheating and stalking.

LOL!...good point.

This is TV and more specifically--a superhero-based TV show. Everyone has to suspend some belief to accept things like Mirakuru, Lazarus Pits, Metahumans, retractable-to-pocket-size compound bows, etc., so a less-than-normal relationship should be on the low end of the disbelief scale, IMO.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3

I think there was mostly drama about what EBR's friend said because some people thought that it means EBR feels the same and that she prefers Ray for Felicity.IMO they are not unhealthy at all even for a superhero show.

• Love 1

When it comes to fiction I tend to like couples who I probably wouldn't support in real life: Rory/Jess, Veronica/Logan, Barney/Robyn, Harvey/Donna, Lexie/Mark, etc. I think there are very few couples I'd support in real life too: Tami/Eric & Ben/Leslie. 

So yeah, I tend to not put real life expectations into shows.

• Love 4

I think there was mostly drama about what EBR's friend said because some people thought that it means EBR feels the same and that she prefers Ray for Felicity.IMO they are not unhealthy at all even for a superhero show.

Ray is a condescending sexist douchebag stalker asshole. So far the closest thing the show has had to the Piz to Oliver's Logan is Barry, and he's in love with someone else. So really, there has not been a Piz yet.

To be clear, I wanted Veronica with Logan, and I want Felicity with Oliver. I'm simply saying if this were RL, I would feel differently, so I understand where EBR's friend is coming from.

• Love 2

I'd support Jess/Rory IRL after he got himself together and she was finally done with Logan.But yeah the best couples usually aren't as good IRL.But IMO that's because the writers throw angst and drama at them for seasons to keep it interesting.I think Olicity has a healthy relatioship under all the drama the writers have or might throw at them.

With all the life and death situations they face I get why if you're looking at it as her friend you would think its unhealthy.But its still a show and a fictional character so there's no real reason to look at it that way.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually think Oliver/Felicity is one of the healthier relationships on Arrow, aside from some unnecessary angst and plot-induced stupidity this season. The biggest issue that I have with their relationship is that too much of Felicity's life revolves around Oliver, which is partially because he's the lead and partially because they haven't explored much of her life outside of him yet. 

Wendy Mericle did say something at SDCC about seeing what Felicity's goals/wants are outside of her relationship with Oliver in Season Four, so hopefully that ends up happening.

Edited by DrSpaceman10
  • Love 18

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOO

I'm gonna be in mourning for that scruff for the next ten months. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS???

• Love 1

SA said in one of his SDCC interviews that Oliver would be a different person going forward - different from the Oliver of the past three seasons (and certainly different from pre-island Ollie).  So hopefully when we see this new - more emotionally healthy and happy - Oliver with Felicity, we'll see a great relationship.  They've certainly earned it.

• Love 5

she also mentioned that she doesn't ship Olicity, it's her least favorite couple of the show because she thinks that's not the kind of relationship that is healthy for Felicity. 

I can see that. Olicity is indeed unhealthy albeit in a different way to Oliver/Laurel or Oliver/Helena. Olicity has devolved into a co-dependent relationship for Oliver and it's inherently unbalanced. Felicity gives and gives and gives and Oliver receives and receives and receives without giving much of anything back. This is one of the reasons why the Olicity relationship doesn't appeal to me as a viewer and it bothers me a little that the show idealizes it as much as it does.

(edited)

Response from Funko on fan request for Felicity Smoak Funko POP! figure...

Penny✌ ‏@SAEBRfan  13h13 hours ago

Is there a Felicity Smoak Funko in the works please? #Arrow
@OriginalFunko @FunkoPOPvinyl

Funko ‏@OriginalFunko

@SAEBRfan that must be the most requested Arrow figure! That's a good thing 1f60a.png

5:11 PM - 19 Jul 2015 

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/status/622921725135564800

FYI, the DC Collectibles Diggle and Felicity action figures will be available for sale from Amazon.com on November 11, 2015.  Honestly, I think their Felicity figure is not that attractive and doesn't reflect her personality...

DC Collectibles Arrow (TV Show): John Diggle Action Figure
http://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibles-Arrow-TV-Show/dp/B00VHUWZOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437360328&sr=8-1&keywords=john+diggle&pebp=1437360330760&perid=127JACHZ6FTEESCPBR12

DC Collectibles Arrow (TV Show): Felicity Smoak Action Figure

http://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibles-Arrow-TV-Show/dp/B00VHUWZ4G/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&dpID=3110THPOStL&dpPl=1&keywords=felicity%20smoakπ=AC_SY200_QL40&qid=1437359295&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

tumblr_inline_nrrmdhkSDt1r20vl6_400.pngtumblr_inline_nrrmb7lUdP1r20vl6_400.png

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can see that. Olicity is indeed unhealthy albeit in a different way to Oliver/Laurel or Oliver/Helena. Olicity has devolved into a co-dependent relationship for Oliver and it's inherently unbalanced. Felicity gives and gives and gives and Oliver receives and receives and receives without giving much of anything back. This is one of the reasons why the Olicity relationship doesn't appeal to me as a viewer and it bothers me a little that the show idealizes it as much as it does.

I disagree.How are they codependent?They were apart most of the season and managed to function without each other.Even when Oliver died Felicity continued with her life and their mission while grieving.When Oliver said he can't be with her and be the arrow but he loves her Felicity walked away.She walked away any time he directly or indirectly told her he loved her but couldn't be with her all season.I don't see how thats Felicity always giving without geting anything back.She walked away so that wouldn't be the case.She does talk to him and support him to be a hero and do the right thing as does Digg.But she has no problem leting him know when she disagrees like with working with Malcolm.Also IMO Oliver has given a lot back.We see him support her all through 3.05 with her mother and Cooper.And I'm sure in season 4 we will see a lot more of him being supportive,going by what was said at SDCC. He pretty much always thanks her and apologizes when he's wrong.Even in season 1 he offered to be the person she talks to about her day and that was during his most damaged phase.Felicity herself said he had changed her life for the better.We see in her episode that after Cooper died she put on her own version of a mask and was hiding her true potential working in IT at QC.Meeting Oliver and working with team arrow gave her a way to use her skills to do good. I think they could have had a little more time between him locking them in a dungeon and riding off in to the sunset but pacing was one of the problems this season.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 15
(edited)

OMG I'm dying over that picture. It's perfect. They look so happy! Oliver's smiling. *wipes away tear* Haha.

Apparently Colton said at the wolfsbane con in London that Roy is coming back to Arrow, but not as Arsenal

https://twitter.com/THESCORCHCRANKS/status/622855544722821120

Interesting! I always thought he might come back but I don't know if it would be permanent. Maybe an episode here and there?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow! I love it! It's in a frame, so maybe something we'll see at their home? Maybe more photos like these from their travels, and these will be the "peek" Wendy mentioned in an interview? Are these Photoshopped (like did they put SA and EBR in front of landmarks, etc.)? Or are these from a photoshoot? I have so many questions, LOL!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

MG did say there was a photoshoot in the works. I'm thinking that is what he meant.

Cute pic. I wish I looked that good hiking. I wonder if that's going to be Felicity's S4 hairstyle. I like it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just love the fact that they had a photoshoot specifically for pictures of their time away so they could put them in photo frames for their house or whatever. Normally you can't see details like that up close on a set/in a scene. 

It's such a cute pic. And I'm loving Felicity's hair too. Embracing the curl!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5