Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I actually am REALLY looking forward to EBR/WH's panel! I don't think they've ever done one before so it'd be interesting to see their chemistry off screen. Hope we get lots of questions about how FS/TQ have barely spoken to one another and how that's so wrong lol

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Chaser said:

I think it's an odd photo because it's old. Doesn't look anything like her now. 

The dramatic uptick in Con appearances makes me wonder if she didn't walk away from Arrow hurting (that and the random car thing). If they broke her contract they would have to pay out but if they let her expire then no dice? Is that right or too simple?

Cons are for celebrities to make money, unless it's SDCC they don't get much notice. 

The way I always understood it, this was the way I heard they do it on tvd anyway, was they had you under contract for a certain number of years, but they always had they option to kill you off or write you off if they wanted. Now I'm not sure if it was true for Nina dobrev, but that's what I heard for Michael Trevino, Candice accola and the rest of them. If kc's contract was like that then they wouldn't have had to break the contract.

what car thing?

Not sure where to put this since it is behind the scenes, but speculation:

I made a promise to myself that now she is off the show, I will try to avoid conversations about Laurel/KC as much as possible (the ban is lifted if she gets cast in a new show.  If she returns as a regular on Arrow I stop watching the show).  To that end, I thought I would throw out some baseless speculation that I've been thinking about since @looptab did that excellent summation of the ever shifting motivations for Oliver keeping the secret/the breakup.  

Do you think the writers read each other's scripts in the back half of the season?  This first struck me when they had Felicity packing up her stuff--and it was her stuff--followed a few episodes later with her staying and Oliver moving out.  Breakup etiquette is that Felicity should be the one to move out and no way would one partner pack up for the other partner during a breakup move, so my suspicion is that they forgot.  It seems like they carry the big plots from episode to episode, but the character development and motivations are ever changing.  This doesn't seem to be such a big deal in the first half of the season, but it would explain the contradictory plot and character during the always muddled 11 - 17 if they are shoving scripts out the door to meet production deadlines.  The back half of season three was especially bad for this, with the retreading/reworking of plot points.

Of course the more rational explanation is that some of them are bad writers, but I prefer to go for the low level slander.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Do you think the writers read each other's scripts in the back half of the season?  This first struck me when they had Felicity packing up her stuff--and it was her stuff--followed a few episodes later with her staying and Oliver moving out.  Breakup etiquette is that Felicity should be the one to move out and no way would one partner pack up for the other partner during a breakup move, so my suspicion is that they forgot.  It seems like they carry the big plots from episode to episode, but the character development and motivations are ever changing.  This doesn't seem to be such a big deal in the first half of the season, but it would explain the contradictory plot and character during the always muddled 11 - 17 if they are shoving scripts out the door to meet production deadlines.  The back half of season three was especially bad for this, with the retreading/reworking of plot points.

As the script doesn't make it exactly clear who is moving out, I think the misunderstanding lies with the production staff.  I suspect they thought it was Felicity, and populated the boxes accordingly.  However, the writers knew that Oliver would move out to the lair.  The script is vague and has clues that it could be either of them: Felicity is organizing boxes while Oliver leaves, but Oliver is the one who has called the movers.

Although, if Oliver hired movers, I guess we have to assume he had them drop the carefully packed boxes in some storage unit, since dropping it off at his old campaign office would be odd.

• Love 4

Yeah there are the things like that that make me wonder how much they're paying attention to each other's scripts.  I'm sure they know the major points, but shouldn't there be someone who oversees it that catches continuity stuff like that?  I don't know how the process works. 

I also wonder about things where it seems like something is set up but never paid off.  Did plans change behind the scenes? Did they just forget about it? Like Thea having a weakening effect on DD.  That seemed like a setup for something major, and then it never was paid off.  So did something change somewhere?   It's things like that that make me wish I knew more of the behind the scenes story. Like....I'm never going to believe that Malcolm was always intended to be the one behind Sara's murder.  It just was set up all wrong.  It just felt like something changed between episodes four and nine and they had to come up with a new plan.  I just wish I knew what happened.  

Sorry. Guess I kind of went off on a tangent there. :(

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Well it's all meant to be for fun so.......

And hopefully that's a typo and you not calling AyChihuahua a chihuahua. no need for that kind of negativity here. 

I feel zero negativity in being called a Chihuahua. They're ferocious and funny and loyal and awesome.

Also, one of my foster Chihuahuas chewed on one of my shoes...I feel like that should close enough to a hat to get me off the hook. (Although, the hat-eating is required because a character I disliked and found boring, poorly-acted, and ridiculously uncoordinated is dead, so that's a hat I'm fine eating.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 8

There's also the possibility that they were filming it to make it very clear that they were breaking up aND there was someone moving out.   So they needed boxes full of move out crap.  But what material possessions does Oliver really have other than the stuff at the bunker.   I could see Felicity having keep sakes and trinkets.   Oliver has the trunk of random island shit in the bunker,  some clothes and that talisman he gave Thea.  It wouldn't have filmed as nicely. 

1 minute ago, Delphi said:

There's also the possibility that they were filming it to make it very clear that they were breaking up aND there was someone moving out.   So they needed boxes full of move out crap.  But what material possessions does Oliver really have other than the stuff at the bunker.   I could see Felicity having keep sakes and trinkets.   Oliver has the trunk of random island shit in the bunker,  some clothes and that talisman he gave Thea.  It wouldn't have filmed as nicely. 

They should've just had stacks of boxes in that case. There really wasn't a need to have any open ones, filled with stuff that obviously did belong to Felicity (like the one with the menorah and other Hanukkah stuff), and stuff that looked like it would belong to her (decorative vases and wreathes) if the production staff knew for sure that Oliver was the one moving.

• Love 1

Or they could've made it really sad for san panda Oliver and had her saw how he bought all that Hanukkah stuff for his office cause her or something.

I think it could them needing somewhere to film Felicity and her family and wanting to use the loft and not a new/existing set for some reason, so they just decided to use the loft regardless.

6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah there are the things like that that make me wonder how much they're paying attention to each other's scripts.  I'm sure they know the major points, but shouldn't there be someone who oversees it that catches continuity stuff like that?  I don't know how the process works. 

They're supposed to have a story editor and a script coordinator there to catch continuity fuck ups in pre-production, but they seem to really suck at their jobs? I don't even know who does it anymore. Keto was story editor in the first 2 seasons, then Beth did in S3. No idea who did it in S4. And Oscar Balderrama was script coordinator before he got promoted to staff writer. I don't know who's the coordinator now [it's a low level job, so it's someone who's NOT a staff writer].

And then on top of that they have a script supervisor on set that is also checking scripts + filming for continuity.

If there was no mention on the 416 script of who was moving out, and the art dept. assumed it was Felicity, one of these 3 people should have made a note of it to the writers.

OR, what I assume happened was -- they changed their minds after shooting 416, and decided Oliver needed to be the one to move out because he can live in the bunker standing set, but Felicity cannot live anywhere else because there is no other standing set for her [and Donna] to use.

• Love 4

All logic would point to the fact that since it was Thea Queen's loft originally, it should remain with a Queen, not FS. That being said, I understand the logistics of film making and FS needing a place to live for her family scenes. And with limited money & set availability where could she have moved to? Naturally a hotel would make sense, but that would be expensive to do the multi days of shooting the Smoak family bonding time.

Which is why they never should have moved in the actual TQ loft and rather moved into an identical loft, then it could have been FS's and no confusion or drama. Because let's face it OQ deserved to be walked out on, but generally then the person who leaves finds the new place, especially when they have no ownership claim to it. That being said, because OQ is the reason they broke up, I could see him being the one who moved out if it wasn't his sister's loft. But whatever, I think it was a miscommunication between the writers, production and the actors.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kismet said:

All logic would point to the fact that since it was Thea Queen's loft originally, it should remain with a Queen, not FS. That being said, I understand the logistics of film making and FS needing a place to live for her family scenes. And with limited money & set availability where could she have moved to? Naturally a hotel would make sense, but that would be expensive to do the multi days of shooting the Smoak family bonding time.

Which is why they never should have moved in the actual TQ loft and rather moved into an identical loft, then it could have been FS's and no confusion or drama. Because let's face it OQ deserved to be walked out on, but generally then the person who leaves finds the new place, especially when they have no ownership claim to it. That being said, because OQ is the reason they broke up, I could see him being the one who moved out if it wasn't his sister's loft. But whatever, I think it was a miscommunication between the writers, production and the actors.

It wasn't Thea's loft actually. She was just renting it (she says it in 3x05) with MM's money so it makes sense that the one person who can afford to pay the rent lives in it.

Maybe they didn't think people were going to pay attention to what was in the boxes..but I think it's a safe bet they decided to have Felicity live there because they needed a location for Donna/Quentin and especially Felicity/Noah/Donna/Curtis..it wouldn't have worked with Oliver living there.

• Love 1

Good thing there's another video of the same story, cause I couldn't catch a word of the first few videos =) She's back to blonde already? I'm on my phone and can't tell for sure.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

Reports from EBR's chat with fans.

Check out the last pic in the last tweet. I love the facial expression on the fan behind her left shoulder.

OK, it's starting to creep me out that I'm able to recognize some of these fans now because they (seemingly) go to all these cons all the time. That lady with the expression was in Birmingham, too. 

4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

OK, it's starting to creep me out that I'm able to recognize some of these fans now because they (seemingly) go to all these cons all the time. That lady with the expression was in Birmingham, too. 

I think she also has pics with EBR, SA and others from on set in Vancouver, haha.

18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think she also has pics with EBR, SA and others from on set in Vancouver, haha.

OMG, you are absolutely right! I thought I'd seen her somewhere else, too. I also think she's an entertainment writer, so the cons could be part of the job.

1 hour ago, looptab said:

Good thing there's another video of the same story, cause I couldn't catch a word of the first few videos =) She's back to blonde already? I'm on my phone and can't tell for sure.

She is. And I'd say she needs a hot oil treatment.

25 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Hah! I really wasn't paying that much attention.

The KC/CD panel started.

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

LOL, this is what happens when you have a panel with two actors whose characters are dead. They have no idea what's going on in the show. Did anyone at least tell Colin Laurel died? And it's honestly sad that KC can't move on IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)

Wasn't the lawyer scene in 416?

Also make up your mind people, she found out first day she was filming Darhk Courtroom scene in Vancouver or she found out in NJ during the Blizzard? 

They're close in time but, not exactly the same.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm pretty certain she auditioned for a couple of the CBS-produced CW pilots, but I sort of can't divulge how I know this, so take it with all the grants of salt ever. [Sorry.]

Catching up on latest posts... KC's the same age as Peyton List (both 29), who's now starring in the new CW show Frequency.  I wonder if she also auditioned for that role.

• Love 2