Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Well, that's one thing we do agree on! But seeing as KC has mentioned the soulmate/love of her life head canon many times over the years, I think it's something she actually wanted tbh. Maybe not when she was dying though...

oh yeah that is 100% what she wanted. one of the first questions was about that. the person (who was a LL fan) kind of threw KCs own words back at her. asked her how after all the talk about Girl Power and LL growing how could she still be in love with Oliver be a good thing? 

KC said she was happy about the question even though she disagreed completely that it made LL weak or regress (not her word but gist).  That's when she went into her soulmate spiel and love of LLs life and because comics and mentioned her discussion with MG.

this is her head canon, her absolute belief that because comics OQ/LL are meant2be4eva. 

while the blame ultimately resides with the producers for giving it to her, i have no doubt that this was a bone MG threw KC when killing her off 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 21
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

This thread gives more info

oh bullshit. she did say that but she said a LOT more. she most definitely 100% said she talked to MG about the whole soulmates love her her life thing during S4.

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Were they trying to say that is the only thing she said or that she had just now said what they tweeted.

No, itakha2015 then responded to the other tweeter's question "hey since you were there,did Katie say that she had an input on Laurels last words to Oliver regarding the "love of her life"?" with a whole bunch of tweets, as follows:

not exactly, she said at the beginning of season she was talking with MG about Laurel and she told him she thought Oliver is the love of Oliver's life because they grew up together, he was her first love and though she might not be the love of Oliver's life or Yu don't always end up with your soulmate because this is life, you love other people she thought Oliver Will always have that place in her life and MG told her that though he didn't think Laurel was the love of Oliver's life it as an.interesting point of view and she thinks that conversation might have been why those last lines were written

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Though I disagree with her of course about love of her life but she also never got a chance to change that mindset after s1.

What do you mean, she didn't get a chance?

1 minute ago, looptab said:

If that's the case, I'd say, well, love interests or not, she could have realized that there's got to be something better for Laurel out there somewhere. 

I certainly won't fight you on this. It's a cock up is what it is. It completely undermines Laurel's character and KC was apparently cheerleading this. Then the producers signed off on it for no apparent reason. I mean, I have my theory as to why they did it, I just can't prove it.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

So basically KC thinks like us that her input is the reason those lines were added.

But it does confirm that she didn't request it and MG did it out of his own free will.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I certainly won't fight you on this. It's a cock up is what it is. It completely undermines Laurel's character and KC was apparently cheerleading this. Then the producers signed off on it for no apparent reason. I mean, I have my theory as to why they did it, I just can't prove it.

I agree. But I'm genuinely interested in why the OP thinks she didn't have a chance. I mean, I think she had it :)

Edited by looptab
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

But it does confirm that she didn't request it and MG did it out of his own free will.

I don't think people said she went to MG and told him "write this." but that they went with her headcanon probably as a partying gift. It also confirms she believes she is the reason that scene was written. If MG didn't want to the scene would have been different, but it would have also been different if she wasn't so hell bent on Laurel pining over Oliver her whole life.

• Love 4
Just now, looptab said:

I agree. But i'm genuinely intersted in why the OP thinks she didn't have a chance.

Because she never got a new love interest to focus on and grow with. 

If the writers played it correctly they could've carved a decent storyline out of Laurel having a fear of opening up and allowing a new love into her life. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, looptab said:

If that's the case, I'd say, well, love interests or not, she could have realized that there's got to be something better for Laurel out there somewhere. 

Yeah. All it takes is a little self respect to know that a person who treated you like garbage isn't someone you should consider the love of your life. 

It's unfortunate Katie planted a seed in MG's brain that made Laurel look pathetic in her last moments, haha. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I think it's the perfect answer, actually. People who want to blame her will go on blaming her, and people who look for any reason to go against MGuggenheim have new ammo. 

This is in answer to @midnightlullaby, btw - I don't know what's happening to the board today.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't think people said she went to MG and told him "write this." but that they went with her headcanon probably as a partying gift. It also confirms she believes she is the reason that scene was written. If MG didn't want to the scene would have been different, but it would have also been different if she wasn't so hell bent on Laurel pining over Oliver her whole life.

It seems like some think/thought she requested it. Actors have plenty of thoughts that the writers probably shoot down or shouldn't please. It's because of SA suggestion to go sleeveless that led us to turtle shells on his arms, they should've seen that it wasn't the best look.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Because she never got a new love interest to focus on and grow with. 

If the writers played it correctly they could've carved a decent storyline out of Laurel having a fear of opening up and allowing a new love into her life. 

That would have been nice, but as i said in my previous post, it wasn't exactly that she didn't get a chance to get out of that mindset. She very well could have, if she wanted to.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah. All it takes is a little self respect to know that a person who treated you like garbage isn't someone you should consider the love of your life. 

It's unfortunate Katie planted a seed in MG's brain that made Laurel look pathetic in her last moments, haha. 

This.

• Love 1

I do appreciate confirmation that KC was playing every scene as Laurel in love with Oliver.  It completely lines up with what kept (I thought) accidentally showing up on my screen. 

• Love 19
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

It seems like some think/thought she requested it. Actors have plenty of thoughts that the writers probably shoot down or shouldn't please. It's because of SA suggestion to go sleeveless that led us to turtle shells on his arms, they should've seen that it wasn't the best look.

And people say he was a moron for suggesting it because the show films in Vancouver. Of course if the writers want to they can shoot down the actors' ideas, but that doesn't mean that their contributions means nothing. Without SA's input we would have had a more decent suit and without KC's input LL would have kept her dignity intact in her last moments.

• Love 4
(edited)

Interview with DR from Wizard World Minneapolis on May 7 (he talks about fans' support of Diggle, Laurel's death, and Diggle's helmet)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I would like to say for the record that a woman can stay single and move on with her life at the same time. Actually that's what I thought they were doing with LL showing that she became an independent woman and needed no man. Wrong assumption on my part.

Totally but at the same time, love should come along sometime and they could've had their cake and eaten it as well storyline wise. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I would like to say for the record that a woman can stay single and move on with her life at the same time. Actually that's what I thought they were doing with LL showing that she became an independent woman and needed no man. Wrong assumption on my part.

I just can't get over the hilarity that KC playing Laurel as always .3 seconds way to pounce Oliver was on purpose. I just. This is the greatest thing. I'm so happy we were all watching it wrong, because THIS IS SO MUCH FUNNIER.

• Love 20

And people say he was a moron for suggesting it because the show films in Vancouver. Of course if the writers want to they can shoot down the actors' ideas, but that doesn't mean that their contributions means nothing. Without SA's input we would have had a more decent suit and without KC's input LL would have kept her dignity intact in her last moments.

They wanted to change it, so who even knows what what have happened. I don't like this one and still mourn the old suit, jeez, Lance, just get it back to him as a birthday present. Still doesn't mean that a new suit without his input still wouldn't have been bad.

• Love 3

Exactly. The writers/MG/WM shouldn't have let SA/KC influence them that way. There is a reason why they are supposed to be in charge. Sometimes it works out like MM becoming Theas father instead of Olivers but they should see what can enhance their characters instead of holding them at a standstill.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nice compilation video (I'm so impressed)...

Stephen Amell bodyweight, parkout, circuit training WWE/Arrow/Turtles
Published on May 14, 2016 by Oylum Karadere

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I just can't get over the hilarity that KC playing Laurel as always .3 seconds way to pounce Oliver was on purpose. I just. This is the greatest thing. I'm so happy we were all watching it wrong, because THIS IS SO MUCH FUNNIER.

I was in denial, I have to admit that. LOL

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Exactly. The writers/MG/WM shouldn't have let SA/KC influence them that way. There is a reason why they are supposed to be in charge. Sometimes it works out like MM becoming Theas father instead of Olivers but they should see what can enhance their characters instead of holding them at a standstill.

Just yesterday you praised EBR/KC for pushing their headcanon of LL/FS on screen. I think you need to pick a lane. I said yesterday actors should not push their personal headcanons on the show when it doesn't fit the narrative, same thing it happened here with KC. With SA it's not really about the narrative but about the practicality of the suit but the logic is the same.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

They wanted to change it, so who even knows what what have happened. I don't like this one and still mourn the old suit, jeez, Lance, just get it back to him as a birthday present. Still doesn't mean that a new suit without his input still wouldn't have been bad.

SA confirmed that they had a version of the new suit with sleeves but got rid of them when he suggested going sleeveless.

12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Interview with DR from Wizard World Minneapolis on May 7 (he talks about fans' support of Diggle, Laurel's death, and Diggle's helmet)...

Dissing the helmet. Snicker.

• Love 1

Well, I knew I saw something during that scene at the Dyla wedding. That gasp still gives me nightmares.

By the way, I think that the writers were writing Laurel as independent, need no man, etc. During pre S4 interviews I remember Wendy saying that she didn't have a love interest because her plate was full already. (maybe she was spinning it, but she did say that - and that's what was in the episodes) until after 416, when they decided to go with her headcanon - and I do agree it was to throw her a bone.

• Love 7

I was in denial, I have to admit that. LOL

Just yesterday you praised EBR/KC for pushing their headcanon of LL/FS on screen. I think you need to pick a lane. I said yesterday actors should not push their personal headcanons on the show when it doesn't fit the narrative, same thing it happened here with KC. With SA it's not really about the narrative but about the practicality of the suit but the logic is the same.

Theres no lane to pick. In my same post i said they should pick what enhances/improves the characters thus the MM/Thea angle vs MM/Oliver angle. LL/FS friendship could've helped improved both characters, it certainly wouldn't ruin them.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

Well, I knew I saw something during that scene at the Dyla wedding. That gasp still gives me nightmares.

I let myself believe that it was a great ad-lib by Katie that Laurel had been training so hard that just having someone touch her hurt. LOL @ me.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Theres no lane to pick. In my same post i said they should pick what enhances/improves the characters thus the MM/Thea angle vs MM/Oliver angle. LL/FS friendship could've helped improved both characters, it certainly wouldn't ruin them.

Improves from your POV. You are okay with the writers going with the actors' headcanons when it fits what you like about the story and not when it doesn't. That's called hypocrisy in my book.

For me the actors should instead work in the direction the writers are giving to the story, the relationships the narrative creates and not make up stuff based on their personal headcanons and suggest it to the writers so they can alter the story.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I let myself believe that it was a great ad-lib by Katie that Laurel had been training so hard that just having someone touch her hurt. LOL @ me.

200.gif

(:-*)

On the other hand, my paranoia has just been validated. This is dangerous.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Improves from your POV. You are okay with the writers going with the actors' headcanons when it fits what you like about the story and not when it doesn't. That's called hypocrisy in my book.

I wouldn't call it hypocricy. I think most people would be in favour of actors having their own headcanons and those getting to be part of the show if they fit the viewer's headcanon as well. It is a part of the actors' jobs to create the character. Some of them go strictly by the book, others add to it. Both approaches can range from horrible to excellent. What I am firm on is that the producers should have a better grasp of the whole picture and make the final decisions in the best interest of the show and its characters. If the best decision coincides with an actor's proposal, why not? But they do need to say no if the proposal doesn't serve the story they want to tell.

• Love 13

For me the actors should instead work in the direction the writers are giving to the story, the relationships the narrative creates and not make up stuff based on their personal headcanons and suggest it to the writers so they can alter the story.

Hypocrisy lol ok. When i say actors should NEVER give input then say they should've gone with KC/EBRs suggestions,  that would've been hypocritical. When i say they SHOULD KNOW what would enhance/improve their chatecters LIKE JB suggestion of MM/TQ being related, there is no hypocrisy in it. You think they should never have input, that's good for you,  when you find me saying that,  feel free to call me out on it but until i do, find something better.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Hypocrisy lol ok. When i say actors should NEVER give input then say they should've gone with KC/EBRs suggestions,  that would've been hypocritical. When i say they SHOULD KNOW what would enhance/improve their chatecters LIKE JB suggestion of MM/TQ being related, there is no hypocrisy in it. You think they should never have input, that's good for you,  when you find me saying that,  feel free to call me out on it but until i do, find something better.

I call it hypocrisy because we have two situations where actors were pushing their own headcanons and in one case you said good for them the writers should have gone with it and in the other the writers should know better than to follow the actors' suggestions. Two identical situations --> completely different reaction.

And for the record I didn't mean it as a terrible insult as you seemed to have taken it because there's nothing more natural than to be influenced by personal preferences and judge situations differently because of it, I think it happens to all of us, I'm sure it happened to me, but sure I'll find something better to do and we can just move on.

• Love 2
(edited)

KL tweeted some pics from Motor CIty Comic Con (the other con this weekend)...
https://twitter.com/katrinalaw

Video of Detroit Free Press' interview with KL at Motor City Comic Con:
http://www.freep.com/videos/entertainment/2016/05/14/84389654/

-- Her new TV show, Training Day, was picked up by CBS.  She's playing one of the LAPD detectives.
-- She said that nowadays social media is a great help to everyone's career. She has some really cool fans.
-- On her popular "fierce warrior woman" role of Nyssa on Arrow, she said that she loves being part of the trend (now with Wonder Woman). She said that female characters used to always fight for the man and what the man is fighting for, but now people are realizing that women want to fight for freedom, liberty and justice - what men traditionally fight for - as well as fighting for love, her man and family.  She thought that having female superheroes like Wonder Woman and Supergirl are great role models. She also said that Arrow was also a good example of that, with strong female superheroes like Black Canary, White Canary, Speedy, Huntress and Nyssa - whether they're heroes or villains, they're strong female characters.
-- She thought her dance training was helpful in learning fight choreography.
-- On BvS being filmed in Detroit and who she would pick to have lunch with (Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman), KL picked Wonder Woman because they could "have tea and talk about how stupid the boys are."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I call it hypocrisy because we have two situations where actors were pushing their own headcanons and in one case you said good for them the writers should have gone with it and in the other the writers should know better than to follow the actors' suggestions. Two identical situations --> completely different reaction.

And for the record I didn't mean it as a terrible insult as you seemed to have taken it because there's nothing more natural than to be influenced by personal preferences and judge situations differently because of it, I think it happens to all of us, I'm sure it happened to me, but sure I'll find something better to do and we can just move on.

Yet you seem to be missing the part where i said if it enhances/improves the characters. I never hated on the writers for not going with their suggestion, did i think/wish they did? Yeah since i think it would have bettered the characters to have casual interactions outside of them being work work work. That wouldn't have damaged them or set them back like "gifting" KC with her love headcannon of SAs sleeveless look. The writers knew what they were writing towards and gave LL a poor send off yet they want us to believe that everyone and their mommas loved her but never took the time to have her build actual relationships with them. 

• Love 1