Type keyword(s) to search

Mulder and Scully: Partners Together in Crime.

Have you guys ever got on that *uckyeahdavidgillian on tumblr. Those people are so horrible and mean.

That's one of the tumblrs that I follow and I have genuinely no idea what you're talking about.

(edited)

Have you guys ever got on that *uckyeahdavidgillian on tumblr. Those people are so horrible and mean. My gosh! I wish I never checked it out. The things they say about Gillian, wow. And how, they seem to still be living back 20 years ago and judging GA and DD's relationship based on that. And they can't seem to accept that both GA and DD are in a good place now with their friendship. People grow. 

How can people have so much hate for someone they don't even know?

David was asked recently how his relationship is with GA now and he said very good because they are not so exhausted as they were when they were doing the series.

I am betting that most of the people on that site are David fans because all I seem to read there is that GA is crazy about DD and she is constantly reading his tweets and desperately awaiting his tweets.

So horrible. Again I wish i never gone there.

Yea some of that stuff is out there O_O. It's terrible tbh. Seen some similar stuff on LJ. I 'dared' to even say something about GA and some of the fans felt 'sorry' for me. They didn't need to. What she'd done/said to the other actress (at the time) wasn't nice in the slightest.

And I wasn't ashamed for saying what I said. It wasn't against anyone or anything in general. And heck shortly after that, there was an interview where even GA said she wasn't a nice person at the time (around 97'). It drives me slightly crazy when fans think that the actor/actress can do no wrong -_-. News flash, people, they're human beings.

Heck it's awesome that they've (the actors) have grown as human beings. It's something that's rather rare these days when it comes to actors. It's cool.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray

AntiBeeSpray I agree with you. I do think GA and DD are two of the most real people in the business. They are very transparent. GA still up to this day, when she doesnt like the question or isnt in a good mood, she wont hide it.

A friend of mine who was an X Files fan told ne recently that back in the day when rhey were filming in Canada, Canadian press did not like him at all.

Is it safe to say that between the two, GA was more liked?

Edited by IndependentMind
I'm reading the comments there and they called GA a troll. And she's trolling on the internet cuz she is bored out of her mind. And say things about her charities. Read the recent comments.

Are you talking about things written by fuckyeahdavidgillian?  Or are you talking about things written/asked to him/her?  Because those are very different things. 

At any rate, I enjoy following that tumblr because it's one of the place where I can count on learning about new Gillian/David stuff, individually but particularly interactions between them.  And it's fun to feel like I'm sharing my excitement/enjoyment of those things with others.  And I like it in particular because it doesn't go in for the whacky theories about them being romantically involved (or, in the extreme case, living together).  

Edited by smrou

Really? I'm reading the comments there and they called GA a troll. And she's trolling on the internet cuz she is bored out of her mind. And say things about her charities. Read the recent comments.

http://fuckyeahdavidgillian.tumblr.com

Damn. Some folks have no life -_-. I saw a funny comment about her being a troll on Twitter... but at least it was in stride and not a knock at her. For god sake, she was kidding around. It was harmless trolling, not mean trolling.

What mean trolling did she do? Is it the tweet "I don't jog." ? If it is, I don't find anything wrong or mean about it.

People there are even suggesting its probably their assistants or PR staff doing the tweeting. Both DD and GA seem to care what is being said by them in social media so I am confidenr it is them tweeting.

Funny, there really is no reason for then to flirt or tease each other on Twitter. There is no movie.

Something changed between them last year. Meaning they got closer and they both seem comfortable with their relationship/friendship. I think both of them have grown and have learned to appreciate what the X Files have done for them.

(edited)

Let's make actor threads (for their social media activities, other projects, interviews, etc.).

Good idea, Bastet.

What mean trolling did she do? Is it the tweet "I don't jog." ? If it is, I don't find anything wrong or mean about it.

People there are even suggesting its probably their assistants or PR staff doing the tweeting. Both DD and GA seem to care what is being said by them in social media so I am confidenr it is them tweeting.

Funny, there really is no reason for then to flirt or tease each other on Twitter. There is no movie.

Something changed between them last year. Meaning they got closer and they both seem comfortable with their relationship/friendship. I think both of them have grown and have learned to appreciate what the X Files have done for them.

The back and forth between her and David. That was the trolling/teasing. They were kidding with the fans as far as I could tell. No harm, no foul.

The "I don't jog" one was a tweet in response to another person iirc,

As for the rest, we can take it to a separate thread, so as not to derail things.

@ Bastet, etc: Just made the thread.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray

To set my blood pressure back in order after an infuriating meeting (is there anything worse than city government?), I've been perusing a couple of blogs about my favorite classic film actors -- I find the fact that Katharine Hepburn and Myrna Loy existed on this earth supremely comforting when I'm having a bad day.  In so doing, I came across this quote from Martin Landau (at the time of FTF) regarding how important GA and DD's understanding of the characters and of each other as acting partners is to the success of XF:

"Any good film is about a recipe,” Martin Landau says, “like making a good bouillabaisse - a little paranoia, a little paranormal, a little science, a little science fiction - but the most important thing that no one is picking up on is this relationship between these two actors. It’s gold, and the audience reaps the benefit of people really understanding a character. They’re not lovers but there’s a sexual tension between them.”

Landau goes so far as to compare them with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. “And you don’t see that kind of relationship any more in films….Not enough critics have recognised the thing that holds The X Files movie together is that relationship. It’s a knock-out. I’ve seen actors have to play the break-up of a four-year relationship before they’ve even met, and that scene is going to be skinny. But these guys know the tone of each other’s voices, they see something in their periphery that the other is doing. They know what’s going on before it happens.”

Well, go ahead, Mr. Landau.  What an excellent summation of the well-oiled machine that was the DD/GA presentation of the M&S relationship. 

• Love 5

What amazes me about the spot-on insight is he was barely in the movie, and never had a scene with the two of them together that I can recall.  Was Martin Landau a fanboy hanging around the set?  At any rate, I'm sort of blown away by how perfect his comments on what makes the show work are (although I might have gone with Myrna Loy and Bill Powell as a more apt comparison than Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, given the off-screen dynamics, but you can't go wrong alluding to either one in praising a longstanding on-screen pairing); I'd like to shove this crappy day where it belongs, but I'm glad it led to the inadvertent discovery of such a gem.

So I'm curious what others' feelings are on Chris Carter's noromo proclamations and how the show played out over the years? What went wrong for poor Chris? Lol

Looking at just Season 1, I never understood why the following things made it into eps if he was so bent on keeping it platonic forever and always. And it's not that I think much in season 1 was shippy, because it's not, but why even feed the idea a little bit?

Squeeze - The necklace fondling was just... weird. My coworkers don't fondle my overly long necklaces. Just sayin.

Jersey Devil - Ok, so maybe Chris was trying to put the nail in the coffin with the discussion between Scully and her friend, but hey, we now know she thinks he's cute

Ice - not Carter's fault but that storage room scene was just intense

Beyond the Sea - face caressing, Dana calling

EBE - Mulder thinks it's plausible other find her hot

Now I personally think Season 1 is mostly fun, mildly flirty banter, nothing more. But given the chemistry of the two leads, I find it odd he let so many little things slide that could be "shipped" down the road. Nevermind Mulder being all up in Scully's personal space ALL the time.

And Season 2 is just it's own ball of abduction angst, hair touching, BBQ sauce wiping, and sister swapping. It's just stuff that I don't understand if they were never really supposed to go down that path. But then, I do recognize I'm biased because I came in after the "ship" had sailed, so to speak, so I never had the advantage of viewing the earlier seasons without the influence of the hallway scene. :)

CC seems to have an obsession with non-sexual love, or at least a fixation on the idea that sex sullies romantic love.  I'm very glad I am not Mrs. Carter.

Anyway, I think the reason writers and actors could get things past him - and he'd come to include them himself - is because he always embraced the notion of their coming to love each other, just not to fall in love with each other.  Or at least not sleep together. 

• Love 1

I have to wonder if CC just as some point realized there was no point in fighting it anymore.  I don't think anyone could have guessed the amount of chemistry DD and GA would have together.  There was just no stopping it.

• Love 2

I will say, overall I do appreciate how their relationship played out on the show. I don't think sex sullies love, but I don't really mind that we never saw it happen on the show. What I didn't appreciate was the stupid crap like never addressing the paternity issue between them, at least as far as we the audience saw, because clearly Mulder seemed uncomfortable and uncertain about the pregnancy in Three Words. Or the goofy ass line from Empedocles: "Mad About You was about a married couple and we just work together." Uuummm... yeah, no.

• Love 1

I will say, overall I do appreciate how their relationship played out on the show.

I know.  I hate to admit it, and if I ever met CC I'd probably kick him in the knee just because, but it was refreshing not to have to sit through a bunch of "love scenes."  That's what fanfic is for.  ;)

Hee, it amuses me now to think about it, but the first time I saw Revelations I thought the "You never draw my bath" line was an indication that M/S were already an intimate couple, and I was disappointed that I had missed the beginning of their relationship.  Yeah, it's okay to laugh.

I'd have liked to see it once.

I wouldn't have wanted the show to suddenly start revolving around their domestic life once they started sleeping together or anything, but simply acknowledging that they were sleeping together and then moving on would have been appreciated.  Chris could have looked to the Thin Man films for inspiration if he wanted to keep things mostly off-screen but still acknowledge the nature of the relationship; thanks to the Production Code, we never even saw Nick and Nora in the same bed together, let alone having sex.  But there was no doubt they routinely had a good time in bed.  Those movies simply dropped in some affectionate banter and let the actors' natural chemistry do the rest.

And once XF reached the point of twisting itself in knots to play coy on the whole thing, I was disgusted.  And that was just reading about it!  Had I still been watching, my TV might not have fared well.  And then CC wasted all that time doing the same thing in IWTB for the big "reveal" that they're in bed together.  Grow up.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

I'd have liked to see it once.

I wouldn't have wanted the show to suddenly start revolving around their domestic life once they started sleeping together or anything, but simply acknowledging that they were sleeping together and then moving on would have been appreciated.  Chris could have looked to the Thin Man films for inspiration if he wanted to keep things mostly off-screen but still acknowledge the nature of the relationship; thanks to the Production Code, we never even saw Nick and Nora in the same bed together, let alone having sex.  But there was no doubt they routinely had a good time in bed.  Those movies simply dropped in some affectionate banter and let the actors' natural chemistry do the rest.

And once XF reached the point of twisting itself in knots to play coy on the whole thing, I was disgusted.  And that was just reading about it!  Had I still been watching, my TV might not have fared well.  And then CC wasted all that time doing the same thing in IWTB for the big "reveal" that they're in bed together.  Grow up.

Amen Bastet!

I didn't mind it in IWTB, given what D & G did character wise, but Chris was still silly in that regard. They're two grown up characters who are in love with one another. Get over the coy bs. Felt that way about the kiss scene XD. The back of Mulder's head isn't the best view there.

Any kidding aside though, bees and teasing do get old after awhile.

• Love 1

Hee, it amuses me now to think about it, but the first time I saw Revelations I thought the "You never draw my bath" line was an indication that M/S were already an intimate couple, and I was disappointed that I had missed the beginning of their relationship. Yeah, it's okay to laugh.

I can't laugh b/c it's not your fault Chris Carter was trolling us all along. And still is. Lol

I must have missed the Millenium kiss and All Things at that time, because when I found out Scully was pregnant I was all, "What does this mean?!?! How is she pregnant?! Are they together now or what? What the #@!$!!!" And then David came back and they answered exactly nothing. Not one thing. At the time, I was 99.9% sure she was gonna pop out an alien b/c what else could it be?!

• Love 2

I know this tumblr was mentioned above, but I just recently discovered the joy that is tumblr...  But did you guys see this quote from Frank Spotnitz?   I died reading this... Like of course, of course they would do this, and I'm sure they loved every second of it.  lol.  

http://fuckyeahdavidgillian.tumblr.com/post/8580679710/hazelloveswally-on-opening-night-we-were-in-a

That's just evol XD. But it makes sense. Given the situation at the time for M & S.

I thought I'd dredge this thread up to ask who here is a shipper/non-shipper?  Did you always ship?  I didn't want to totally hijack the elimination game thread.

Long time shipper. From back when Chris was the head Noromo. Season 5-ish. Was a fan starting in season 3, but it took until around FTF to fully become a shipper.

• Love 1

I watched the show for the Mulder and Scully interaction, and for a while would have been fine with them not getting romantically involved; in fact, it would have been refreshing to see a man and woman work together on television without falling in love or into bed.  But as time went on, I came to feel such a transition was inevitable for the characters and to refuse to acknowledge what was organically happening would be ridiculous.  I'd say by season five I was watching with the mindset, "And they are not having sex because, why?" 

I'm glad they did finally become a couple, but the convoluted shenanigans CC got up to in his quest to delay that, then obfuscate its having occurred, made it difficult to properly enjoy.  (And to be on with that coy bullshit even in IWTB is just so juvenile.)  My eternal gratitude to GA and DD for making it work in spite of him.

The above sounds so reasoned, I should state for the record that from the get-go I was tickled by any and all signs of UST and may have even squealed a time or two.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I watched the show for the Mulder and Scully interaction, and for a while would have been fine with them not getting romantically involved; in fact, it would have been refreshing to see a man and woman work together on television without falling in love or into bed.  But as time went on, I came to feel such a transition was inevitable for the characters and to refuse to acknowledge what was organically happening would be ridiculous.  I'd say by season five I was watching with the mindset, "And they are not having sex because, why?" 

I'm glad they did finally become a couple, but the convoluted shenanigans CC got up to in his quest to delay that, then obfuscate its having occurred, made it difficult to properly enjoy.  (And to be on with that coy bullshit even in IWTB is just so juvenile.)  My eternal gratitude to GA and DD for making it work in spite of him.

The above sound so reasoned, I should state for the record that from the get-go I was tickled by any and all signs of UST and may have even squealed a time or two.

Definitely. I was as well UST wise :).

Kudos to those two. They've more than earned my respect in that regard.

• Love 1

My very first episode was The Host.  By that time, the sparks those two threw out every time they were within speaking distance were so strong they make Smokey the Bear cry, so I had no problem picking up on the UST/coupley vibe.  I laugh about it now, but the first time I watched Revelations I was so disappointed, I thought Mulder's quip about Scully never drawing his bath meant that they were already intimate and I had missed their first encounters.  (Yes, laugh with me.  If only I knew!)  So, I've always shipped them, and I ship them hard.  Present tense, because I ship them to this day.  Because they are real people.  Shut up.  They are.

• Love 3

Shipping in general is wholly uninteresting to me but if I ship anyone it's Mulder and Scully (and possibly Dale Cooper/Audrey Horne. Damn you, Lara Flynn Boyle). But, as I said in the elimination thread, that aspect of their relationship wasn't anything a gave a lot of thought to originally (possibly because I was too young, watched from the beginning and I was 9) so the partnership, friendship and the cases themselves have always come first and it still does. That said, I do enjoy looking at them in early episodes from that point of view now, and I love every aspect of their relationship, and I love that they got together, but bless CC for his fear of sex. I'm not unhappy we didn't get to see more affection between the two onscreen.

The above sound so reasoned, I should state for the record that from the get-go I was tickled by any and all signs of UST and may have even squealed a time or two.

What she said...that's what I'm thinking. 

• Love 2

You know, I kind of have to laugh at Chris Carter, because the casting choices he made for this show were phenomenal, and I'm wholly convinced are a HUGE, HUGE part of the show's success.  And yet those same casting choices totally put the kibosh on his "Nothing is going to happen between these two partners.  Nope, nope, nope.  Nothing to see here."   In fact, he denied it to the point of ridiculousness. 

That being said, I'm glad they didn't get together sooner, and I'm glad it was never a big focus of the show.  Really in the end, even after they were a couple, so much didn't change between them because that relationship had always been there.  But the the UST... it still kills me to this day. 

Look at these two idiots... Chris was doomed by the 3rd episode.  lol.

a148A.jpg

• Love 4

From Gillian's most-recent AMA:

Q:  ... It's Mulder's birthday tomorrow, what would Scully do to make it a happy one? ;)

A:  Bake him a cake in the shape of a Supersoldier, with a blackberry coulis as black oil. And invite the Lone Gunmen over for a surprise birthday party.

You know, I could see that.  (Since, like Gillian, I tend to forget the Gunmen are dead.)  I can picture Scully rolling her eyes and smiling as she drizzles the "black oil" and I can picture Mulder grinning when he sees it.

• Love 1

I look at it like this.  CSM died how many times?  Krycek, my beloved Krycek, he's dead.  Kinda hard to come back from a bullet to the forehead.  But CSM survived lots of blood loss and being pushed down stairs.  Hell, in X-Files, just 'cause they put you in the ground doesn't mean your dead.  They're coming back... last we saw them they were still alive behind those doors... just sayin'.

Agreed.  THEY ARE NOT DEAD.  They're just deep undercover right now.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it, dammit.

I want to like this multiple times

gaze-at-scully.gif?w=620

I'm bored and curious if I can advent my way to Christmas with Mulder "not gazing" at Scully pictures. Shouldn't really be too hard, I suspect.  Bwahaha.  I'm a few days behind, but eh... will just start here.

20 Days Until Christmas... 

tumblr_lrpxzh9ElO1qgr2w3o1_500.gif

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 1

My favorite part of that comes later, when they're bouncing around in that Jeep they're using to get the hell out of Dodge and Mulder reaches an arm across to steady her.  (As an aside, whenever I watch that I retroactively hope Gillian is someone who only got morning sickness in the early months of her pregnancy).  I love their protective moments with each other, and that we also got to see her protecting him is why stuff that would otherwise bug me (this, him shifting on top of her in DHDV, etc.) instead makes me smile.