Type keyword(s) to search

Mulder and Scully: Partners Together in Crime.

I love these gifs. Is that last one from Home?

Yup it is  :)   I love gifs; I probably need an intervention.  I'd like to learn how to make them at some point in the near future.  Seems like a reasonable time suck!

Because no one in this world tears up more beautifully than Gillian.

Heh - we have the world's prettiest crier and the world's ugliest in the same series!

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

Ugh, you guys are feeding my obsession right now! I have become re-obsessed with the XF through my rewatch! I'm practically squeeing over here over M & S! It's one tiny step into searching for fanfic and I'll be a lost cause!

Stop me!

You know, GA is a wonderful crier. I know Scully gets a lot of flack for being overly emotional in Season 8... But GIRL had some stressful crap going on. And hormones! I'm about to start getting into S8 and I'm gonna give her some slack!

DD... Rarely got the cry right. Redux was good. And was it Herrenvolk or talitha Cumi when his mom was in the hospital? His silent cry was good there too. BUT the man could do the gruff, cry/sob stuck in his throat like no one else (except maybe Jensen Ackles/Dean Winchester... Good lord don't get me started)

Edited by GeekGirlnb
  • Love 1

You can either use the image button above the reply box and just paste in the URL to the photo/gif

or use this:

[img*]URLgoeshere[/img]    just take out the *  I had to put the asterisk there so it wouldn't think i was trying to post an image  :)

It's sheet eating Mulder! :P XD

I really can't decide if I love or hate this scene.  I love it because arm gnawing Mulder is just freakin' hilarious.  Yet I hate it at the same time because I feel like it's a scene that should emotionally move me, yet there I am laughing at Mulder chewing on Scully's hand.

• Love 1

I really can't decide if I love or hate this scene.  I love it because arm gnawing Mulder is just freakin' hilarious.  Yet I hate it at the same time because I feel like it's a scene that should emotionally move me, yet there I am laughing at Mulder chewing on Scully's hand.

Yea it's pretty dang funny. Poor guy. I wonder if she had insurance for her hand? :P

I know!  It should be such an emotionally charged scene, and yet the sheet chewing takes you completely out of it because it just looks so ridiculous.  I mean, that is ALL I SEE.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I know!  It should be such an emotionally charged scene, and yet the sheet chewing takes you completely out of it because it just looks so ridiculous.  I mean, that is ALL I SEE.  Ugh.

Sooooo yes, to the bolded!!  Last time I watched it I tried to mentally prepare myself for it like, "OK queequeg, just ignore the arm/hand chewing and focus on the emotions behind it all."

Me: 

tumblr_m2fouk4xPd1r1k2u1.gif

• Love 1

Ugh, yes!  I laughed.

Its like the scene in This is Not Happening.  GA's choice of screaming "This is Not Happening!" is so jarring (and she rarely makes a poor choice in delivery).  A quiet, desperate, shocked delivery of that line would have been so powerful.

Now I see that scene and all I can hear is "Luke, I am your father" "Noooooooooo!!!!!"  ;)

• Love 2

"This is NOT! HAPPENING!" doesn't bother me because to me Scully had reached that point of frantic desperation by then, but the "NOOOOOO!" IMO just sounded weird.

I'm better able to get past that than the sheets though.

Its like the scene in This is Not Happening.  GA's choice of screaming "This is Not Happening!" is so jarring (and she rarely makes a poor choice in delivery).  

Yeah, something about that moment has always seemed "off" to me.  Makes me awkward and uncomfortable every time I watch it.  I may giggle a bit nervously too, like a bit of secondhand embarrassment.

ETA:  Although I think I've always given Gillian the benefit of the doubt that she was told to that, so I dunno that I ever assumed that was her choice.  Just too over the top for me, though.

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 3

Oh!  that's right, the NOOOOOO afterword is the worst.  I think that's what I'm remembering!  (I haven't gotten there in my rewatch yet)

If that was how she was directed, then its certainly not her fault.  But the quieter desperation choice would have been better.  Now I can't wait to get to these episodes, though  :(  Its heartbreaking

Yeah, something about that moment has always seemed "off" to me.  Makes me awkward and uncomfortable every time I watch it.  I may giggle a bit nervously too, like a bit of secondhand embarrassment.

ETA:  Although I think I've always given Gillian the benefit of the doubt that she was told to that, so I dunno that I ever assumed that was her choice.  Just too over the top for me, though.

I agree with this. So awkward.  Mulder's arm chewing is awkward, but it's also hilarious. So I'm less uncomfortable watching it. 

I have 3 kiddos, too. Thank God my kids are older.  They just want money and gift cards and clothes!  I haven't bought a thing!

We did decorate the Christmas tree the other day while watching How the Ghosts Stole Christmas.  Family friendly fun all around, lol.  What's Xmas without blood and ghosts?!

• Love 3