Type keyword(s) to search

Vincent Bugliosi, Manson Prosecutor, Dies At Age 80

(edited)

swimmyfish, she's just punctuating the two halves of the word LIVID. The man was so mad about OJ getting away with murder that he was LIHHHHH-VID. Livid. Fur-i-ous. :D

(But I see why you didn't get it; in reading that paragraph, I had to pause for a moment, trying to figure out what "LIH" was before I caught the "VID" part and put them together. Heee.)

edit: Or what Picture It Sicily said more succinctly. LOL.

I'll have to make some time to watch that video at some point. Three hours is too long (gotta get to work!), but I'm very curious to watch it. I like his passion about justice. Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't figure it out either. "Livid" seemed to fit semantically, but I couldn't see how that spelling and punctuation could mean "livid," so I figured my brain was just trying to fit "livid" into the sentence because of the visual cue, but it was really an anacronym all the cool kids were using.

Is this a new style of punctuation, or was some autocorrect or HTML entity incompatibility at fault?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

ETA: Is this typical punctuation for texting?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Holy crap. I can't believe I just heard about this now. I admired Vincent Bugliosi tremendously. I must have had my head up my ass to miss hearing about his passing.

A great prosecutor and a great author. Reclaiming History, Outrage and Helter Skelter are among my top 5 all-time books (the other two being American Tabloid and Libra, so there is definitely a theme or two at work).

The thing I always liked about Bugliosi is that he could cut through the BS, and he could give you a detailed overview of a case or argument without putting the reader or juries to sleep.

I always found it interesting that Manson and Bugliosi were the same age, both born in 1934. I often wondered who would outlive the other. Well, Manson may have outlasted Bugliosi on this plane, but if there is something after this life, Bugliosi will once again find himself on the side of the angels. Manson, not so much.

• Love 1
I always found it interesting that Manson and Bugliosi were the same age, both born in 1934. I often wondered who would outlive the other. Well, Manson may have outlasted Bugliosi on this plane, but if there is something after this life, Bugliosi will once again find himself on the side of the angels. Manson, not so much.

If you just look at Manson's eyes, he seems to have been dead a long, long time.

• Love 2
If you just look at Manson's eyes, he seems to have been dead a long, long time.

I understand what you are saying, but in the only way that matters, Manson's death is long overdue. 

• Love 1

I understand what you are saying, but in the only way that matters, Manson's death is long overdue.
I agree with fastiller's sentiment (and appreciate the poetry of your turn of phrase), but I appreciate and relate to reggiejax's post too. I suppose Manson still being alive gives parents today someone to point to as a real person when trying to impress their young adults with cautionary tales--which my generation didn't hear because ours was pretty much the first to not just go straight from living at home to getting married.
  • Love 2