Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Under Construction

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bottom line: David has a track record of cheating. Meghan has a track record of liking older men, and is a woman whose husband is out of town fifty percent of the time, and acts like she feels neglected. I think Shannon has reason to be a little jealous, or at the very least, suspicious of her motivation.

But at the time that this was filmed, did David have a track record of cheating? We now know that he was cheating because they are talking about it to us, but how would Meghan have known about that? She might have had the same instincts that lots of us did after watching last season, but nothing had ever been confirmed until now and certainly Shannon hadn't said anything to Meghan. I also wonder if Shannon was in the loop as to how much time Jim was spending out of town at the time? I don't think they knew each well enough for Shannon to be in the loop as to the fact that he was rarely at home, but it is possible.

I think they were both responding to their last interaction with each other. Shannon was clearly unhappy that David didn't introduce her to his new friend, who was quite lovely. It appeared also that she wasn't happy about the fact that he was flirting with her (it certainly looked to me like they were flirting). My guess is that Shannon is not nice or welcoming to pretty young things who garner any of David's attention. Unless Meghan is dumb, she would have picked up on this. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

You guys, I think I'm finally out.   Only made it through half of the first episode.

Vicki is still an ugly, aging woman who think she's hot, and is making Crook's maybe cancer all about her.   Of course.

Tamra is getting boobs, again. For the 685th time .  Does her tagline talk about how great it is to be balding?

Shannon is a complete nutball who is too self centered to let David go, and concentrate on remaining civil and raising their daughters.

I don't care about Taj Dubrow.

The new girl is just there, but she's one of the more attractive, probably the most attractive, ever on this series, so there's that?

• Love 1

But at the time that this was filmed, did David have a track record of cheating? We now know that he was cheating because they are talking about it to us, but how would Meghan have known about that? She might have had the same instincts that lots of us did after watching last season, but nothing had ever been confirmed until now and certainly Shannon hadn't said anything to Meghan. I also wonder if Shannon was in the loop as to how much time Jim was spending out of town at the time? I don't think they knew each well enough for Shannon to be in the loop as to the fact that he was rarely at home, but it is possible.

I think they were both responding to their last interaction with each other. Shannon was clearly unhappy that David didn't introduce her to his new friend, who was quite lovely. It appeared also that she wasn't happy about the fact that he was flirting with her (it certainly looked to me like they were flirting). My guess is that Shannon is not nice or welcoming to pretty young things who garner any of David's attention. Unless Meghan is dumb, she would have picked up on this.

I don't really know how much they know because they don't like to break that fourth wall. I would bet that a newbie like Meghan would be sure to do a little research on the other housewives. So she would know from last season's reunion that David was accused of being inappropriate with the other women. And Heather more than likely filled Meghan in on the whole situation to make sure Meghan is in her camp.

Shannon - already insecure because she's married to a cheater - need only do a quick Google search to see that Meghan married Jim in the same year he divorced #2. Which can translate to - here's a girl who likes older married men. Combine that with the knowledge that the Edmonds are personal friends with the " We're going to bring down the Beadors" Dubrows, and I could understand Shannon's distrust of Meghan's motives. Looks like the two women talked it through tonight, so good for them.

(edited)

From a long time ago...

Cannot locate any info on Brooks' cancer on the web. My first instinct is to suspect he's concocted the illness to garner sympathy from Vicki and the rest. But how do you fake stage 3 lymphoma and chemotherapy? All we know from the season previews is the whispering campaign about him not being sick.

My husband was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2009.  Thank God he is fine now.  But the treatment he went through back then I don't think has changed much.  The chemo cocktail was called R- CHOP because a monoclonal antibody called Retuximab was added and it was very effective.  The treatment was a 3-week cycle.  Chemo week 1.  Then recovery for 2 weeks.  He lost his hair after the second treatment.  He was on prednisone after the chemo so the middle week he was flying.  He crashed the week after and then started the cycle again.  His white blood-count plummeted and had to inject himself 14 days out of 21 with something that helped keep his levels up.  He wasn't nauseated, but he was on drugs for that.  Because the sub-type of lymphoma was extremely rare and there wasn't much documentation he had 8 cycles of chemo rather than 6.  When he was diagnosed he was Stage 2.  I have to say that Brooks, at Stage 3 and so sicker at diagnosis, doesn't look much like my husband did.  Before he was diagnosed he had tons of symptoms:  a nasty rash;  severe night sweats;  weight loss;  abdominal swelling.  I don't know if Brooks is sick or well.  And maybe the protocols have changed completely.  But I remember what my guy went through, and Brooks looks a lot better than he did...

And PS we didn't travel.  At all.  Apart from anything else, what would have happened if my husband had some kind of problem when we were away and the travel insurance would claim that as a prior condition and not have covered it.

Edited by quaintirene