Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Food Star Food Festival

• Start Topic

I thought she was a bit out of line, myself. Maybe not disrespecting him, but certainly talking down to him (the subtext of "as a mother" is usually "I know better than you"). His response was over the top, which negated any valid points he made. I was raised that respect is earned - which kind of backfired on the person who raised me that way. LOL. But I also believe that being respectful with people is the only way to make yourself heard.  (the old "treat others as you would have them treat you" concept) That being said, I can't wait until he's off of the show. He's unpleasant to watch, which pretty much makes him a no-go for a cooking show host.

My take was that they did understand "cheat day" but the food he served was healthy and didn't quite match up to the cheat day concept.

I agree with you and probably for some of the same reasons. :-)  

But I didn't think that her comments deserved anywhere near that response.  I'm perfectly okay with him saying that she's his peer and not his mother and he isn't interested in anyone's opinion but the judges.  But the way he said it plus what he added just made him a total douche in my opinion.  

• Love 1

In her video for the Food Festival competition, did Amelia actually say *she* was a "culinary wanderlust"? That's what I swear I heard, during the repeat earlier tonight. But I'm wondering if I misheard or she misspoke because I don't think it's possible for a person to *be* a wanderlust. To *have* it, yes; to *be* it, no.

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree with you and probably for some of the same reasons. :-)  

But I didn't think that her comments deserved anywhere near that response.  I'm perfectly okay with him saying that she's his peer and not his mother and he isn't interested in anyone's opinion but the judges.  But the way he said it plus what he added just made him a total douche in my opinion.  

I think we're in complete agreement - though I might not have made it clear ("over the top" was a pretty mild comment, I think I might have said something stronger that I deleted in an edit).

Oh and, as a mother (grin) let me say I'd be mortified if my kid acted like that in any venue.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

Contestants already annoying the ish out of me, from least to most annoying (none of whom has any shot at winning):

5. Arnold (liked him on Top Chef; could be ok here but trying WAAAAY too hard.  Dial it back, dude.)

4. Rosa (something about her New York Italian schtick just bugs)

3. Dom (again, it's probably personal, and I know it's not his fault, but the New York accident drives me mad)

2. Emilia (Referring to yourself as "edgy" unironically is demonstrable proof that you aren't, right? But then to be actually BORING instead?  Just go.)

1. MATTHEW (And, yes, I'm giving in to manipulation because he clearly graduated summa cum laude from Reality Show Villain University, but still.  He can't be ignored)

Middling to Meh:

Eddie (apparently can cook, but may not be interesting enough or have a pov they like)

Sita (the Black/Italian thing COULD be interesting, but isn't yet).

Rue (African cooking is something you don't see much on TV so could be great; but she needs to step it up in terms of personality)

Most likely to be final three:

Jay (A calmer, saner version of Lenny).

Michelle (Armenian angle could be good; was one of the best on camera)

Alex (sandwich thing isn't original but he's charming when he smiles and definitely would be eye candy for the ladies and some men)