Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Uprising

(edited)

While Andy, Juliet, Nick and Gail are at a women's correctional facility, a riot erupts.

That prison riot seemed OITNB-ish. I liked it. Also liked the lack of Sam involvement. It being Gail/Nick/Diaz/Andy I loved.

Marlo went from 0 to 9 months in 3 seconds. I think there's something wrong with the baby.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Surprise, surprise, Andy's probably going to get herself kidnapped/stabbed/shot/injured AGAIN for the finale. Because, you know, nobody else could have been paired with Juliette and been discovered to be a shady cop. Nope, not at all. It has to be Andy, because she hasn't gotten enough stories to last us a lifetime.

This episode was boring as hell for me. I just didn't care about anything happening. Duncan is still the most annoying character ever, Andy got herself wrapped up in drama AGAIN, and Gail got stuck with some miserable inmate who's all like 'oooo, kids are bad, don't have kids. btw i killed my husband because he killed my kids'. Oh, and poor Dov for getting stuck with Duncan, who now has some random ass crush on Chloe. Chloe, I've started to like you finally. Get away from the screw up who almost got people killed last season, including himself. Mmmkay, thanks.

I liked the Sam/Marlo parts UNTIL the storyline centered around Andy. AGAIN. I honestly want to know why the show thinks that Andy is the best character ever and should get all major storylines revolved around her, because I'm starting to lose my mind. I've never been as annoyed with Andy as I have this season. And we're on episode THREE. 

Duncan and Andy could get married and be shipped off screen any time now, because between those two and Sam, there's plenty of almost-deaths on this damned show and at least if this show wants to keep going that route, spread it out evenly with the rest of the characters. How about Gail? Or Traci? Or Dov? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought this the best episode of the season. The baby-plot is annoying but at least everybody behaved like adults this time around.  No sight of Diaz' crazy lover - another plus. Instead he got the best line of the episode 'Two words: depth perception.' And I did appreciate that Sam was not around for the prison riot and that they let the SWAT team *remembers Flashpoint* I mean SRU enter first. Looks like they are trying to salvage Duncan by rewriting him as comic relief. Still a long way to go. But Peck's retractable fangs was a good start. Peck's plot was not earth-shattering but it worked for me. If Price is really working for the Canadian version of IA she should get pulled right now because even if Andy buys her story she's been compromised. But we need the drama so she stays.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

Chloe, I've started to like you finally. Get away from the screw up who almost got people killed last season, including himself.

I don't think, and really don't hope, that they'll go there. Chloe was flirting her way down the hall and she's probably used to everyone taking it in stride since they know her. Then she hits Duncan, expecting him to react the same but he takes it personal. She seemed really put off by it at the end which gives me hope. But the writers don't give me hope on a lot of things. 

I loved Juliet's line to Nick when they got to the prison about being the only cop there he hadn't slept with, and he replied "not yet'. It seemed like an OOC line for him, but it made me laugh nonetheless. And yeah, I'm also frustrated that Andy managed to get into that storyline too. So she has the major baby storyline, the major undercover storyline, and every main cop storyline in each episode? I get she's supposed to be our main character, but even Mededith Grey took a break for awhile.

And I loved how she couldn't even explain why she wasn't with Nick/with Sam. "He's amazing, he's funny, he's loyal" "but uh...history with Sam. So. I'm torturing myself" Not, I'm in love with Sam. Not, Sam's better for me. Just, I've had this long and tortured past over the last 5 years so I have to just settle with the thing I've put myself through. Thanks writers for not even trying to explain the disaster that was last season. 

They never explained what happened to the guard that the prisoners took down at the very beginning eh? I felt bad that Juliet and Andy just watched him get (nearly) killed and ran away. At least TRY to get to him. 

They'd probably justify keeping Juliet by reasoning that if Andy's suspicious of her now, she'd be even more suspicious that something was up if Juliet suddenly transferred out after hardly any time at all, only to be replaced by another new officer none of them have ever met before.

I just want Gail to be happy. I had hoped it would be with Holly, because I like Holly, but if that's not the case, so be it.

Greg Smith did a really good job with the directing.

Marlo and Sam's daughter is going to have fabulous hair. - if nothing goes wrong. At the start of the episode I was worried they were going to have her miscarry, which would feel like a huge cop-out.

And I loved how she couldn't even explain why she wasn't with Nick/with Sam. "He's amazing, he's funny, he's loyal" "but uh...history with Sam. So. I'm torturing myself" Not, I'm in love with Sam. Not, Sam's better for me. Just, I've had this long and tortured past over the last 5 years so I have to just settle with the thing I've put myself through. Thanks writers for not even trying to explain the disaster that was last season. 

I usually don't take ANY show seriously. I just sit back and enjoy watching them. I usually don't question the writers choices, because I do not know where they are going, and I do not know how the stories they tell us will develop.

But what you pointed out here about Andy not being able to really justify why she's not with Nick bothered me, too. We are suppose to believe that Andy is in love with Sam, that they are meant for each other, etc... Yes, there's history between Andy and Sam, and like with anybody else on this planet, this usually weights in on any decision people make. However, I was taken aback by the fact that Andy didn't even say that she loves Sam, and that it is why she's with him and not with Nick.

I liked this episode. I liked the riot, the tough inmate and the sweet, gentle inmate, which turn out to be completely different than what they appear to be. I liked that we got a bit more insight as to why Juliet is at 15. I like that Andy sniffed out something about Juliet. I liked that Sam is trying to be an adult, being there for Marlo but not pushing Andy aside either. I like that Andy is having a hard time with Marlo's pregnancy - the way she reacts, is worried about her relationship with Sam seems very realistic to me. Yes, it's a bit egoistical, but seriously, who wouldn't feel the same way if they were in Andy's shoes? A baby changes everything. Speaking of baby, I liked Gail's talk with the inmate. 

And some good one liners in this week's episode:

"Two words: depth perception."

"Does Peck really have retractable fangs?"

And Oliver's speech before the cops day began. Awesome!

• Love 1

Lady Calypso summed up why I'm already tired of the "It's Andy and Isn't she Awesome Show."

I'll be sad if no Holly this season, because I think the nerd flirting was cute. The social worker would work, though, and the improper conduct seemed to be acceptable to her.

Still a little interested in Juliet's story. I don'my know what is up with her, but I have suspicions.

Duncan can still go away.

And I loved how she couldn't even explain why she wasn't with Nick/with Sam.

It would have been awesome if she had broken down the fourth wall by replying: "Sam and I are this show's OTP!"

• Love 1

I didn't see the end of the episode (PBS was doing a Whitechapel marathon) so I came here to find out what happened.  I wondered what had happened with Mary Walsh's character, an actress and satirist I like, and whether the nice girl prisoner was really a psychopath after all.

I still don't know.  I think it says a lot about how soapy the show is that the conversation is about how there's too much Andy (yes!) and not enough Gail and the other cast, and complaints that Marlo's pregnancy continues to be about Andy (agreed).  I know I liked this show in s1, and I wish they would go back to a balance rather than the Andy&Sam show.

For what it's worth, statsgirl the nice girl was crazy (she wandered upon Andy and Juliet in the infirmary, tried to stab the already stabbed, but then they busted in the doors at that exact moment with flash grendades and knocked everyone on their ass. Mary Walsh and Gail finished their convo, turns out she murdered her husband after he caused a fire that killed her children. That left Gail with feelings. Of what? Who knows because we had to hear more about Andy's feelings. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I would have so much more time for Diaz if he had lines like "Two words: Depth. Perception" more often.

I also liked the shot of Frosty clearly trying not to wet herself at Staff Sergeant Pirate Oliver and his tale of stray cat woe. Peck's scenes with Odelle really worked. Mary Walsh is a pro, and brings out Charlotte Sullivan's best work, maybe.

I didn't enjoy the fact that the prison riot (well, "riot") only happened because of 15's usual incompetence -- even Nick! C'mon, man!

If they keep acting mostly like grownups, I won't mind the baby plot. But the writers have seriously misjudged the appeal of Duncan -- he isn't any more likeable as a comic relief doofus than he was as a brainless danger to everyone around him. Just stop with the Duncan already!

So, Juliet's totally IA, and Perfect Nick is the compromised one, right? Ucch.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Peck's scenes with Odelle really worked. Mary Walsh is a pro, and brings out Charlotte Sullivan's best work, maybe.

Agreed. I'm actually hoping they show Peck going to visit her in prison after she adopts the little girl (whose name I have shamefully forgot, esp since it was the whole point of that episode where the mom died).

DUNCAN NEEDS TO GO.

This show is so much better when Andy and Sam aren't in the same room. I know we had to end the episode with them and more cracks in their relationship foundation, but I enjoyed the closest to 100% of this show for the first time in the long time. Full disclosure I fast forwarded through Sam and Marlo. I don't care about their baby and how it affects Andy. The rest of the episode was good even when Nick let the girl get free. Way to be alert.

How in the world is this baby all about Andy? She's not carrying it or birthing it, or bringing it up in a single family home. I'm just sick of it.

Marlo has looked fantastic this season. Maybe she can get with Dov since he's awesome, and they can raise the baby together.

• Love 1

Before this season started a friend of mine was all "Is Holly coming back?" When I said probably not due to Aliyah not being around for filming, she said "Maybe Marlo can be bi and end up with Gail. Gail would be a good stepmother to the baby."