Type keyword(s) to search

Zay Babineaux: Meet The New Eric

So I was rewatching the second season premiere week episodes again today when it dawned on me why we love Zay. He's the Eric and the missing puzzle piece from season 1.

Anyway here is the thread where we talk about Zay Babineaux!

He really is the missing piece to the show. The youth scene clicks so much better with him there because he's not there to prop Riley and he's not there to crush over Riley or Maya. He adds some desperately needed rounding to the show.

• Love 5
So I was rewatching the second season premiere week episodes again today when it dawned on me why we love Zay. He's the Eric and the missing puzzle piece from season 1.

Huh. Hadn't thought of it like that, but I see where you're coming from. My first thought when he ticked off that 20 year-old middle school student was that he was bringing out the scary big brother-style protective instincts in Lucas that Eric got for Cory a few times.

He's the zany character (that will have a huge arc for the 2 middle seasons - that's right i'm calling it now) that Eric was in the actual BMW canon, since I refuse to count most of the college years as canon.

Where the heck is Zay this season?  Why wasn't he around to make observations about the Farkle/Riley transformations?  WTH, writers?  Do you think we don't notice when there is another kid in Zay's seat?

• Love 4

I wish they would send Zay off to Minkusland. Everytime his bad acting hits the screen I cringe. Obvious diversity requirement which adds nothing to the show.

You're the only one I've seen that doesn't like him.

I love Zay! I do think the show uses the perfect amount of him, though. If they want him to be the sarcastic one-liner guy, that trait should be used sparingly. However, I would also love to see his character fleshed out more and have the Four Musketeers expand to five.

• Love 1

I enjoyed Zay in this weeks Rileytown episode.  I like his snarky character and really enjoyed his take on coming through the window (rude!) while still being rude himself in helping himself to cereal on his way in.  I would like to see his character develop a little more so he can become a real member the group.  While they're at it, they could bring back the cute boy who asked Riley to the dance and let him turn into a real person too.  :)

• Love 1

I enjoyed Zay in this weeks Rileytown episode.  I like his snarky character and really enjoyed his take on coming through the window (rude!) while still being rude himself in helping himself to cereal on his way in.  I would like to see his character develop a little more so he can become a real member the group.  

That bit with Zay cracked me up.  How it was rude to just walk into someone's house through their window...all while he's chowing on their cereal and last bit of milk. I also loved his bit in the "Arts" episode about being sad that ballet was going to be cut, and that ballet was the reason he was so "sinewy." 

That bit with Zay cracked me up.  How it was rude to just walk into someone's house through their window...all while he's chowing on their cereal and last bit of milk.

"You're out of milk... now."   (Fantastic.)

I really enjoy Zay.  Nice to have finally have a male student who isn't in love with Riley and/or Maya. 

• Love 2