Type keyword(s) to search

Osgood: Number One Fan

• Start Topic

tumblr_no1akyAKmL1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg

She debuted in The Day Of The Doctor, supposedly was bumped off in Death In Heaven and is now returning for Series 9, so I thought a thread for the Doctor's number one fan was warranted. Let's talk all things Osgood folks.

• Love 3

I wasn't initially sure of the character I admit but having rewatched her episodes, I really do think there's a potential with her character and I thought in Death In Heaven especially, both Ingrid Oliver and Peter Capaldi had some great chemistry with each other.

• Love 2

I have no idea why but I fell instantly, deeply in love with this character from the start. Perfectly balanced between insecurities and vulnerability and this insanely keen mind who shares a fixation with the Doctor that I think represents all of us. She is us on screen. 

Her dying felt a bit like a slap across the face. 

Then I caught a hint

on IMDB that they are bringing her back. I'm not a fan of the whole "bringing people back from the dead" because "The Walking Dead" much? But for Osgood? Exceptions all around.

I'm just delighted until next season. 

Edited by EC Amber

I thought she seemed quite different in this 2 parter than in the previous episodes

Me too, which I had me leaning toward the survivor being the Zygon, rather than the human - the Zygon would have access to her memories, while having its own personality.

Me too, which I had me leaning toward the survivor being the Zygon, rather than the human - the Zygon would have access to her memories, while having its own personality.

That was my reaction as well.  The only thing that gives me pause was the interview with Ingrid Oliver in the little insert.  The way she talked about playing the two differently and hoping that people would be able to figure out which was which sounded prospective and not just retrospective.  

The ambiguity is there but for some reason, I think it's the human version that survived, especially after Bonnie decided to take on Osgood's look at the end of the episode.

Maybe we'll never know but knowing Steven Moffat, we probably will though at some point.

• Love 1