Type keyword(s) to search

How to Improve Under the Dome: Suggestions Serious or Not

I don't know if I really want this show to be better. Part of the fun is how awful it is.

But if they wanted to improve things, I would suggest replacing "monarch butterflies" with "shirtless Barbie doing butterfly bench presses."

Replace Norrie with an angry owl that hoots whenever it thinks Joe is flirting with someone else.

Now that Pauline is gone, replace her "artwork" with a one of those chocolate fountains, but filled with paint.

• Love 5

Can't Barbie do the butterfly stroke in the lake?

How about-- the Dome retreats 1 foot everytime someone hits Junior?

As the Dome compresses, the ghostly outlines of a hospital children's ward can be seen outside.

• Love 2

In a 2 hour crossover with X-Files (which is supposedly coming back), aliens come to retrieve the Dome, and all the usual denial procedures are activated. Yup, the town fell into a giant sinkhole that also released hallucinogenic gas. So all the survivors are given a wad of cash and invited to start new lives anywhere else. Except, it turns out, that 1) they are now being picked off by mysterious assassins, and 2) each one now has their own personal sized Dome that materializes at unexpected moments. Well unexpected for most, for Barbie and a few other privileged characters it always comes on when needed to save them.

• Love 2

@Anti: I Want to Believe. But it seems prudent to wait until shooting actually starts.

It's for real. No joke :). They've already started writing the scripts and the first one has gone out to the actors. And the show was part of the upfronts for the upcoming season. 

It's still a wait and see, but for the most part it seems as if it'll be happening.

* The Dome picks up and leaves after it gets tired of all of the melodrama! And everyone can go home.

• Love 2
(edited)

How about-- the Dome retreats 1 foot everytime someone hits Junior?

I vote for the Dome expanding 1 foot for every time someone hits Big Jim - I want to encourage people to hit Big Jim.

ETA: Oh yeah, Big Jim is supposedly dead, how could I forget?  Well, personally, I think that he will somehow survive and go on to make more foolish decisions, but, if he is really dead - hit him anyway!

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 3

I vote for the Dome expanding 1 foot for every time someone hits Big Jim - I want to encourage people to hit Big Jim.

ETA: Oh yeah, Big Jim is supposedly dead, how could I forget? Well, personally, I think that he will somehow survive and go on to make more foolish decisions, but, if he is really dead - hit him anyway!

Big Jim is still alive. I think Junior shot him, but then he was chasing Junior and Julia?

Suggestions...

Since there will be no more prophetic finger paintings (brought to you by Crayola) maybe we can have prophetic singing. At least twice per episode, Joe goes into a trance and begins singing directions to solving the lastest mystery to the tune of Broadway showtunes.

To the tune of Rent's "Seasons of Love"

"525,600 moooonarchs,

525,600 monarchs so deeeearrr,

525,600 moooonarchs,

Telling us to off, to off Big Jim."

• Love 3

I would like to see season 3 episode 1 end something like this:

Dean Norris wakes up in his bed screaming. Guest star Betsy Brandt tries to comfort him telling him he was having a nightmare.

He blubbers to her saying "It was awful, Marie, I was trapped under this dome!"

"Like a football stadium?", she replies.

"No! It was invisible, with pink stars, and hands and lots of butterflies, monarch butterflies. It chose me!"

"That's it Hank, no more Schraderbrau before bed! First you had that dream about Walt having cancer and being a drug kingpin, now this!"

• Love 6

Big Jim is still alive. I think Junior shot him, but then he was chasing Junior and Julia?

Yup, he chased them while being shot and he's in the promos.

I am pretty sure Big Jim survived the end of season 2 and will go on to wreak havoc in season 3, but I believe the writers wanted us to think that he didn't make it in time and died - or at least they wanted us to wonder if he is still alive or consider the possibility that he died. 

Those wacky writers, they can't fool us. 

• Love 2
I am pretty sure Big Jim survived the end of season 2 and will go on to wreak havoc in season 3, but I believe the writers wanted us to think that he didn't make it in time and died - or at least they wanted us to wonder if he is still alive or consider the possibility that he died.

Those wacky writers, they can't fool us.

The last we saw Big Jim he was walking slowly towards the hole down to the tunnel -- slowly because he had been stabbed in the foot by Julia and shot in the shoulder by Junior -- with the Dome descending all around him crushing the trees, with the fallen trees covering the entrance to the hole.

The last we saw Big Jim he was walking slowly towards the hole down to the tunnel -- slowly because he had been stabbed in the foot by Julia and shot in the shoulder by Junior -- with the Dome descending all around him crushing the trees, with the fallen trees covering the entrance to the hole.

And the next time we see Big Jim, he will have a bandage around his shoe.  He may also periodically be wearing a sling - get shot in the shoulder is one of those "comes and goes" sort of injuries on this show (wasn't that the case the second sheriff when he got shot in the shoulder?)

• Love 5

What I'd like to see in the first episode is that they all escape, but in the final scene the dome looms over them and then claps down like a hungry hippo, dragging them back to Chester's Mill.

• Love 4

What I'd like to see in the first episode is that they all escape, but in the final scene the dome looms over them and then claps down like a hungry hippo, dragging them back to Chester's Mill.

Knowing this show, they'll most likely willing go back under the dome like they did last season because the dome wanted to or the same bs dialogue again.

• Love 2
(edited)

Knowing this show, they'll most likely willing go back under the dome like they did last season because the dome wanted to or the same bs dialogue again.

I can see it now, they are all in Zenith, after making through the tunnel/vortex/chute/whatever.  A butterfly lands on Nori's shoulder.  She looks up into the sky ad sees the Dome in the distance, flying through the air.  She yells, "It's the Dooomme!"  The all look up at the sky for much too long, staring at the dome coming towards them.  Finally someone says "Ruuunnnnnnn!" And, while all the bit players and extras run away from the Dome, all the main characters (and characters we have never seen before but they are played by actors that have had a series - *cough, Marg Helgenburger, cough*) run towards it.

The Dome starts playing with them - dodging left and right int he sky, causing the small group to run willy-nilly back and forth in an attempt to be Under the Dome when it lands.  In the following episodes, we learn why each one of them wanted to go back ---

Nori and Joe - by staying under the dome they stop Nori's single mom from taking the Nori to the home for obstinate teens and they won't have to break up their 8 day love affair.  

Julie - the Dome wants her to stay, of course

Barbie - as a surprise to viewers, Barbie's wanting to stay has nothing to do with Julia or running from the law.  Barbie wants to stay because Under the Dome was the only place he has ever been where no one asked him, "Where's Ken?"

Junior - He goes back because it is the only place he feels close to his dead girlfriend and his dead-again mother.

Big Jim - He hoarded thousands of dollars in propane and he's not about to let someone else profit from it.  Soon after the Dome traps them again, he realizes that the they are now trapped in part of Zenith and the propane is still in Chesters Mill.  As he watches people drive by with tanks of propane in their trucks, he gets a crazed look in his eyes and goes on a shooting rampage, methodically taking out every butterfly inside the dome.  He mistakenly tries to shoot a butterfly outside the dome and the bullet ricochets back and hits him in the aorta.  He drops tot he ground but Julie, who just happens to be walking by, makes a tourniquet out of Big Jim's pants and wraps it tightly around his neck.  He lives, of course, because nothing can kill Big Jim. And the next day he is seen running pantless with an ascot fashionably around his neck.  

Edited by needschocolate
  • Love 3
(edited)

Big Jim - He hoarded thousands of dollars in propane and he's not about to let someone else profit from it.  Soon after the Dome traps them again, he realizes that the they are now trapped in part of Zenith and the propane is still in Chesters Mill.  As he watches people drive by with tanks of propane in their trucks, he gets a crazed look in his eyes and goes on a shooting rampage, methodically taking out every butterfly inside the dome.  He mistakenly tries to shoot a butterfly outside the dome and the bullet ricochets back and hits him in the aorta.  He drops tot he ground but Julie, who just happens to be walking by, makes a tourniquet out of Big Jim's pants and wraps it tightly around his neck.  He lives, of course, because nothing can kill Big Jim. And the next day he is seen running pantless with an ascot fashionably around his neck.  

I think the propane should be the show's focus now.  No more symbolic mumbo jumbo about butterflies and people coming back from the dead.  The dome is a joint venture between Exxon and the Pentagon to steal vast quantities of propane from Chester's Mill for military use.  And all the weird stuff happening in the dome is just from the military pumping hallucinogens into the air supply.  Sort of a rehash of their 1950's LSD experiments.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2