Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Andrew CANADA

• Start Topic

(edited)

Andrew is addicted to alcohol and crack with an addicted Mother

This Mother is unbelievable.  She can't for the life of her see what she did wrong.    I feel really sorry for this kid - yes, he's 22, but he's just a kid.  

Adding as I go thru the episode, she's a real piece of work. She comes from somewhere for the intervention, and she smokes $700 worth of crack with him? Her biggest concern at the pre-intervention is that his father wants to have a letter read from him at the intervention. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1

I think I missed the very beginning of this episode.  Did they ever give the Mom's background?  She was one seriously damaged person.  I'm assuming the grandparents they were staying with were her parents?  They appeared to be pretty stellar people.  

Her relationship with Andrew was tip-toeing into "I don't want my mind to go there" creepy.  When they were staring into each other's eyes and hugging in the kitchen, it almost became too uncomfortable to watch.

Loved the sister.  She looked to have her act together.  I'm always amazed when someone can come out of that type of situation a relatively stable person.  When the Mom said to Andrew that he was her favorite person in the whole world and the camera cut to the sister's face, my heart broke for her.  She was doing the right thing for herself by keeping her distance.

Andrew looked great at the end.  He seemed like a good guy underneath it all so I hope he's maintained his sobriety.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Mother and son bonding is what I saw. Kidding. In truth it was Mom who Was the source of everything. Smoking crack with mom!!!! The Canada eps lack a good interventionist like Csndy but they are still fun to watch.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I actually liked this interventionist. No nonsense - take charge - but still low key. I like all of them, except for Seth. The relationship did border on creepy in addition to toxic. And the relationship between Leela and her taxi driver was strange. The grandparents were too old to deal with all that.

• Love 1

I also would not have been shocked if something majorly inappropriate happened between Leela and Andrew. She was so desperate for him to be her man, with the way she would touch him and make googly eyes at him. It killed me to see her go on such a drug binge with him then tell him to get help. If anything, she's the one who shouldn't have been there. I think she would do anything to keep him at her level, which is why she was resistant to go to rehab. I wonder to what extent the sister knew about the drug binge prior to the intervention.

Andrew is a good a boy, but he needs to stay far away from his mother.

• Love 3

Her grabbing his hand to hold it at the intervention (like someone above said...like a couple, not a mother/son) & the interventionist telling her to stop was great. NO doubt more had gone on in that relationship. Blech. That mother is atrocious. 

• Love 1