Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three General Discussion

When Snowbird was explaining to Matt that she names her shovel, her gun, etc, the hubby and I turned to each other and asked what name she gave her snaggletooth.

Also, Matt's "shout out to post" just screamed immaturity and insecurity to me. It felt like he was saying "Look at me!"

And the Brown kids "accents" really do sound like speech impediments. I've noticed Matt and especially Bam don't have as strong of an "accent" as the younger 5.

• Love 3

Bahahahahaha omg!!!!! Yes Beden I noticed you were gone and was having freakin' withdrawls:) BAMMMM!!!! Thank you........it is Pinocchio!!!! Hey, I LOOOOVE SEWING! I hemmed 12 pair of pj pants and two pairs of jeans and made a sweet "frog eye" also known as a $100.00 bill.

SHOUT OUT TO POST!!!

I swear, no mittens to the north, Beden my sweet soul mate!!! You just let me know how much cash I need to send and consider it...money in the bank.

Okay Ridgey m'friend, you want mittens? I got mittens but nothing goes to any Browntownians, y'hear me about that, missy? What colors? Plain or patterned? Regular wool, heavy cotton, synthetic or cashmere (have a lovely all red pair) ? Sized for average women or the kiddies (my pattern is based on the average sized 8 year old next door). They're all fleece lined, machine washable--no schlock here, thank you.

Jeez, life is complicated!

You wanna think about it? No prob.  You change your mind, even less of a problem.

$100 for a few simple hems? Damn, woman, I have to move south. I just hemmed a dress for a woman this morning--what a pain in the ass; an evening gown out of some super stretchy synthetic which shifted as you looked at the thing, ended up having to use a double needle then give it a cool iron press--then she informs me that she'd ordered 2 pairs of pants out of the same fabric from hell. I may die! Frog eye?" New one on me, Benjy's sure, but never heard of a frog eye unless it was in the swamp being chased by my cat or dog--the cat scored, the dog whiffed.

Sorry for OT, guys--On second thought; take up a collection for the Brownies, they'll be getting cold in a couple of months. 'Mittens for Morons'. Oh dear--that was a bit mean....

• Love 2

I saw a promo of some kind--okay, I didn't actually watch it, it was just on in the background and I half noticed it. Looks like more lost footage or something. Can't wait.

Sorry about the above OT, guys--Ridgey, did I scare you? Not my intent if I did.

• Love 1

You can always take the OT stuff to Small Talk--I think that's what it's for!

I've been in Canada and the last episode I saw ended with the boat being rotten--was there another episode after that? I need a Brown fix, so to speak.

• Love 2

Hehehehehe "mittens for morons" sounds 100% suffice, and not mean, at all! Also, let me know how you'd like to exchange payment and shipping info, please

Did we all love Matt's talent of making artwork, with the utensils? According to his girlfriend, they use to make those same pieces for her jewelry store. How nice of him to make money selling her ideas at the local stores in Hoonah. Mr. "That sounds like a fair price. I've got one sold to someone, on the way home, too." I have a feeling they've stolen many, many ideas. Made money off some one else's goods, blood, and sweat plenty of times.

But, anyway, I shall look to see if I can see a season 4 premiere date

Edited by Ridgerunner

Ridgey, mon ami, I've moved our mittens talk to Small Talk (just scroll down to the last subject here at ABP and it's the last subject) so we don't bother the other good neighbors here in the suburbs of Browntown with our nattering.

I was worried about your silence, thank the good lord the only problem is that we both seem to have crap internet service.

And, yo--whatcha sayin' about our Brownies???? Stealing ideas? Leaving people in the financial lurch??? Leaving messes, squatting? I'm starting to think that you're starting to believe that the Brown Boys wouldn't make the kinds of sons in laws you may be on the search for. Now me, I have an unmarried 20-something son who likes camping and has a scraggly beard--he'd fit right in and I bet he'd love to start on some grandbabies. He even has an actual, employable trade, bless his heart, which he could do out in the bush. I could see him sparking with Bird--my lad likes guns, though I've made it clear to him that if he ever shoots at anything with a heartbeat I will personally eviserate him (we're lower 48 people, darn it--we get out meat where the good lord intended, at a store all wrapped up nice and inspected, thank you).

Yup, I'm starting to suspect that the Browns might, just maybe, running their best scam ever with this show while also making some fairly good bank while they're at it. Cynic? Moi? Never!

• Love 1
So can someone actually respond to this question? Are these people actually slow? Or do they do this on purpose for the show?
My guess would be that this is a case of laughing all the way to the bank. Anyone know anything different?

Easily fake, is my speculation. It's all about the Benjamins, as Beden said. These guys are just pretending. Just read a list of a variety of "reality shows" and almost all (if not all) are scripted. In cases of something spontanous, there may be several takes to get the "right" slow.

Either way, why not. Easy money.

Ami wants "granbabies" but who the fuck would want to breed with these hicks? They make the Beverly Hillbillies look classy. I mean, look at the gene pool...it's shallow to say the least.

Speaking of genes, is the youngest girl really Billy and Ami's bio daughter? They look old enough to be her grandparents. She's only 12 or 13, how old are Ami and Billy?

Billy, Ami, Bam and Matt seem shady as hell.

• Love 1

Ami wants "granbabies" but who the fuck would want to breed with these hicks? They make the Beverly Hillbillies look classy. I mean, look at the gene pool...it's shallow to say the least.

Speaking of genes, is the youngest girl really Billy and Ami's bio daughter? They look old enough to be her grandparents. She's only 12 or 13, how old are Ami and Billy?

Billy, Ami, Bam and Matt seem shady as hell.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine... Scratch that... The gene pool could use a couple triaxle loads of fill dirt and top it off with some concrete. No hope in saving this one.

My husband builds pools for a living... Our UPS man brought him a picture of a house he was looking at that had a giant pine tree growing up from the middle of the pool and was filled with several feet of compost and probably AIDS. He was like "Do you think this is fixable?" Ummm, no. That's the Brown gene pool in a nutshell.

• Love 2

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, indeed Handsomebullet3333.....THEY ARE SLOW!!!!! Yes HalcyonDays, scripted to say the least!!! Joe Jitsu913, that is their daughter, and Ami is 53-54..she was 18 years old when her and Romeo got married, and Matt is like 34-35. Now, not in the least, am I comparing my mum to these dips but, she was 40 when she had me and there's 20 yrs between me & my oldest brother. So Ami would have been around 40 when she got prego with Rainy. And yeppers they indeed act off, shady, mental, lazy, and self righteous most of the time. I still say this was all a plot to have Discovery, to help them get out of the trouble they're in.

SHOUT OUT TO POST!!!!

Edited by Ridgerunner
  • Love 1

According to http://www.examiner.com/article/alaskan-bush-people-billy-brown-robbed-the-cradle-when-he-married-ami

Ami was 15!?! when they got together.  Going to the link in the story, she was something like 16 when they married.  And Billy is a good decade or so older.  I can see why her family would be upset, these days he's be up on charges.  Unless Ami's family followed the Kartrashian view of inappropriate age differences in dating....

What's fine later in life, like a 25 y/o with a 35 y/o is kind of creepy when one participant is a child...

• Love 1

Except I suspect that Billy's 28 (or so) isn't the normal 28. Not that I'm for a second making excuses here (thank the good lord) but he did have some lost years when his entire family were killed in a plane crash...that could knock anyone into the wings, as the saying goes. So we're probably looking at mentally and emotionally maybe a 23  year old, give or take hooking up with an 18 year old (or maybe 16 or 17 when they got together).

Of course, that doesn't excuse the fact that he's a lying, cheating grifter and she's embraced the lifestyle.

• Love 1

I wouldn't doubt he went off the rails when his parents died-he was almost 17, and inherited some money.  But I still have NO problems with Ami's family having problems with this sketchy drifting grifter marrying their daughter and then they disappear.  Especially since I doubt Grifting Billy and Ami would allow Raincloud Easter Bunny to date a guy even 5 years older than she is, and at 14 she is perilously close to the age her mother was when she met Billy-Bob.

Just looking at my 16 going on 17 year old daughter, and thinking about the 26 year old guys I know (who are all professionals, for what it's worth) I would get out my rarely used gun (9mm Glock) and chase them off- and they all have good JOBS and could support her while she finishes school.

Edited by cissyboo1

You make good points, Cissypoo. If I had a daughter I'd rather she entered the convent and took the veil than hook up with a bunch of grifters one jump ahead of the law. I really do think I would. And I'd forgot Raincloud was somewhere in the 15 year old range--she seems so much younger (as do all the 'kids').

I'm thinking that, even accepting that this thing is all a scripted act, money aside, who would want to go down in the national consciousness as a bunch of grifting twits? I know, money talks and all but it never shouted all that loudly to me.

And no forgotten footage last night, alas--I know it's way early but any updates on the next season? Will it be about the multiple court cases? And who will take care of the kids and the Browntown if everyone else is locked up???

for some reason I was expecting a show last night.

So was I Clod! Could've swore they advertised unseen footage. Maybe this Friday coming

Beden, I'm with you on the money thing. It's handy to have, as in, M&Ms, mittens, & Doritos! But, not worth getting on television and making a total jackass out of yourself! Where could they ever go, that people aren't going to either laugh at them, or cuss them out. They've down graded Ketchikan, the "lower 48," and accused the government of burning down their house. Their not exactly in good graces with anyone. Think I'll go see if I can find any new dates or what's on the

Brown agenda. Lol

• Love 2

And let's not forget next seasons main plot line--the trial(s) and possible jail time for at least Big Bill. It will be interesting to see how they try to script court appearances.

Their not exactly in good graces with anyone.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 2

http://when-will.net/tv-series/1557-will-there-be-alaskan-bush-people-season-4-premiere-date.html

Here is the closest thing I've found and all it says is, that if you give your email (beware of pathetic imbeciles, that get your email address and believe me, they are out there....with no life what-so-ever to speak of), but, they can let you know as soon as the premier date is released. But, it's like the home page for the Brown's or Discovery....so it should be legit and safe? Lol, right Beden? But, I'll remain on the lookout to see dates, courts or otherwise. In the meantime I'll enjoy myself, AND MY MINT M&Ms!!!! Shout out to post!!!!!! Or imbeciles....whichever the case may be!

Edited by Ridgerunner

Well, since the site says that the 4th season date is to be released, that tells us that there will be a 4th season, thank the good lord. I am a patient woman, I can wait--not happily, but knowing that there's a light at the end of this tunnel, I can stay strong.

Goodness, Ridgey (and everyone who reads this!)--never give out personal info, the 1st rule of the internet. Sadly, trolls and idiots are everywhere and it's way too easy to hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. Safety first and always. Thank the good lord for blocks against the unhinged.

• Love 1

Indeed Beden! Lesson learned! Never in a million years, could you have convinced me that, much like the bears, in the Brown's living area, a lurker was awaiting to pounce. I would've never guessed that a combination of humor, M&Ms, Doritos, mittens, and a splash of gypsies could anger some one, enough, to spurt vulgarities on my email that could only equal those of "Reagan" from The Exorcist. But, since it'll only pleasure, the moron, all acknowledgement of "IT'S" presence stops here. Everything is being reported. Lol unread...unacknowledged. Thanks for all your advice with that BEDEN! As, always you're my hero!

Back to the forum, I can't wait!!! The next season could be an endless cluster of adventures and mishaps. The sky is the limit! And our Friday's will be a bliss! Whew Hew!

• Love 1

No Hawk, as far as we know the Brownies, should they read our little scribbles, are merely lurking. There is (was?) a poster here who claimed some kind of link to or inside knowledge regarding the filming. True or not? Your call.

Though to have a spy would be beyond fun, as the good lord knows.

• Love 1

Beden and Ridgerunner - I just have to say I get the biggest kick out of reading your posts - Brilliant!

When does the trial start for our favorite family?

They have people from Discovery who read the DC board, why not here.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 2

NEGirl right back at you! I've laughed out loud over your posts too. I try every other day or so to research anything I can find out about our grifters. So far I haven't found to much more than what's been posted. But, I'll keep looking and keep you updated.

One of my jobs doesn't require to much more than putting info from paper files into computer files. So I usually have a little time to kill on Saturdays and weeknights.

And yes, Beden will keep you rolling. If I get ever rich I'm gonna pay her to write a biography! You get the 1st copy! Glad you enjoy our rants:) You can be in our M&Ms & Doritos club;) We'll, maybe, one day skiff our way to Browntown. With orange stained fingers and teeth, and M&Ms filling the pockets of our winter coats. Offering them up as peace offerings to our grifters. Of course, we'll save some to keep the Bears at bay, as well! This is totally off subject but, did you know there is such a thing as "bear spray?" Bear spray!? Saw it on the show, Alone. Not sure how well it works, but I'm glad I wasn't on the spraying end, of testing that out. Anyhow, just a "food for thought" kinda moment. Lol!

But, if you find anything about dates...court or premiers...please post. And, I'll do the same. Until, next time....

• Love 2

Ridgerunner - Thanks !   Yes, I have heard of bear spray from other shows on Alaska. However, I don't know how well it works.

I would love to join the M & M and Doritos Club! Even with both of them on our teeth we would still have better looking chompers than the Brown's. Since they were raised in the "wild" and have no experience in the "real" world, I guess they would love their "first" taste of M & M's and Doritos.  We may need the bear spay to keep them all at bay once they know we have the treats.

I have not checked up on them in awhile, but I guess I am due for a little research to see if anything new has come out.

• Love 1

:)

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

• Love 2

A  thank you from me as well for the support after some unpleasantness from that other poster who shan't be named by me. While we, admittedly, went off topic to mittens and candy, he crossed lines (IMO) in regards to suggesting mayhem and rape which were a step or two too far.

As to bears, here in the lower 48, in the Northeast, thank the good lord, our black bears are fairly harmless and are a greater danger to bird feeders and garbage cans than to people or pets. They can get big--males can reach 700-800 pounds--but they avoid people when they can unless cornered or if you foolishly get between a mama and her babies. Then you can get what you deserve for being stupid. There was a death last year-the first by a bear in something like a century--when some college kids had an encounter with a black bear in a wooded park. One of the kids was killed. It was widely reported, I think the bear was hunted down, as memory serves. There was also a case where a hunter (my state has a yearly, highly regulated bear season to control the population--it's protested every year but continues) stepped over a large log and trod right on a bear, waking it up. My sympathy is with the bear in that case. I mean, seriously--watch where the hell you're stepping. I did have a big papa bear empty my sunflower feeder (my old daddy liked to watch the bird outside the kitchen windows) and then decided to come up the back steps to see what was doing inside. The back door and the storm door were both closed but wouldn't have stood a chance against this old boy. I got a kitchen pot and metal spoon and banged away. He looked startled, a little confused then turned tail and disappeared. It's not uncommon to have folks mention that there's a bear up ahead when walking dogs in a local, heavily wooded park. We see them, have the sense to stay clear (as do the dogs) and have never had a problem. And, damn, those cubs are seriously cute!

I'm curious to see how the show will spin the upcoming court case. I'm no legal expert by any means, but I'm guessing that the Brown's reputation for leaving a trail of unpaid bills and mess behind them won't help their case. Bush living doesn't exempt you from following the law, as far as I know. Taxes are still taxes, murder is still frowned on (no, not suggesting that they've killed anyone), debts are supposed to be paid and fraud isn't encouraged. This could be interesting, especially if Ms Ami does her 'I've never done anything wrong' thing again.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 2

To steal a line from another little reality gumdrop, Teen Mom 2-- "bein' a felon ain't illegal" and all of that gobbledygook!!

Rape, and mayhem... I admit, I do fear for the local wildlife in Browntown. If Bam removed his bottle cap glasses, an elk might look curiously like Kim Kardashian.

• Love 1

To steal a line from another little reality gumdrop, Teen Mom 2-- "bein' a felon ain't illegal"

And don't the Browns thank the good lord for that on a daily basis! It's gotten them a syndicated TV show, free rooms at Hoonah's finest lodge and more $ than any of them have seen since Pa was a pup.

I hang onto the hope of that other oft quoted gem; 'the wheels of the law grind slow, but fine'. Fraud may well prove to be even peskier than grizzlies.

Hehehehehehe I agree, Beden! Browntown's population may very well dwindle to three! Matt, Bird, and Rainy, are the only 3 that weren't dumb enough to sign government documents that mommy and daddy layed down in front of them. Bet, after this little fiasco they'll read the next set of papers. They would throw me under the penitentiary and throw away the key. But, if I was afraid of getting in serious trouble, like the Browns.....a tv show might help me out of "as much" trouble. They're smart.....not bright....but smart. As, my mammaw used to say, smart on some things, not smart enough on others

Your Mama may have been right, Ridgey but, as my old Granddaddy used to say 'No matter how smart you may think you are, there's always someone smarter and you can count on that".

Thank the good lord.

In truth, I find the show entertaining in an I can't believe that the producers really believe that anyone could be this stupid and still know how to breathe air kind of way. I am, though, genuinely appalled by the level of deceit and lies which this family perpetuates. Yes, of course I understand that reality shows are anything but, however, the depths which have been attained to pull so much wool over so many eyes in impressing yet scary, in it's way...the fake cabin building, the fake 'romances', the fake careers, the fake hunting, the fake homesteads a spit from fresh pizza (and I loves me some pizza, thank you, almost as much as chocolate), the fake poverty, the fake girls acting like 8 year olds and on and on. About the only thing I find genuine is the antagonism between Matt and Bam--those two seem to seriously dislike each other and neither are good enough actors to fake the hate.

• Love 2

I can't figure out WHY I watch this.

Even before I read all about how fake this show is, I could tell it was pretty scripted (like most "reality TV" I suppose).

Yet I still watch it...maybe it is the whole train wreck theory?

*shaking my head in disappointment at myself*

• Love 2

I guess most of us know the majority of reality shows have SOME scripting nowadays (maybe since the beginning, who knows).

So I do try to just suspend disbelief and enjoy shows at face value.

I am still not sure if I am laughing WITH them or AT them though...

Even without the scripted parts, this is one hell of a weird family.

• Love 2

I can't decide if the Brown's are weirder if they agreed to this show because they go along with portraying themselves as opportunistic morons or if they just really are idiots. With a large paycheck.

So hard to decide...

• Love 2

Just checking in after last night's premier.

Well...same old, same old. The boys are each building individual homes for themselves without enough lumber, causing the crisis du jour. Of course they are. Ami has whatever is wrong with her, necessitating emergency hospitalization. No idea what's the problem with her but the previews for next week show the boys all back at the homestead doing whatever they do while the cameras are rolling. The boys can't deal with anything for more than twelve seconds without squabbling until dad tells them to buck up, cut the crap and behave themselves. They caught fish but wasn't the smoker destroyed by bears at the end of last season? Did Noah find another abandoned file cabinet to make a new one?

The youngest girl, again, seemed like the oldest, most mature kid..and I find her too heavy make up sort of cute--reminds me of the teenager next door, growing up and trying new things. Oh, and Noah's limp is real because of a torn tendon.

However, I am getting seriously tired of their pissing and moaning about being broke when everyone on the planet knows that they're getting some pretty decent money for this BS.

Any thoughts?

• Love 1

I found it kind of hilarious they go through ALL that trouble to get to the "saw mill" which ends up being a chainsaw attached to a ladder...which didn't look dangerous AT ALL...I am SURE no one will ever lose a leg to that thing.

Seriously, with all the "ingenuity" those kids supposedly possess, they couldn't rig one of those up at home? No, much easier to lug huge logs down to the water, chain them up to the boat, haul them miles away and then pay someone to use a chainsaw-ladder.

Then of course there is the option of just BUYING lumber with all that Discovery money...

And a day later and they have NO CLUE what is wrong with mom? Sounds like a pinched nerve to me, but I am obviously not a doctor.

I will say, I THINK the brothers hating each other is probably real. For one, they are too damn old to all live together. Yes, they are building separate houses, but they will all still be in the same area. If this show goes on much longer, wouldn't be surprised to see a fist fight.

I think I now know why I watch this show. To laugh at the stupidity of it. To laugh at how scripted reality TV has become. While it is not Devils Ride scripted (another Discovery gem, that was so scripted it was laughable), it might get there at some point!

I guess I look at shows like this as watching B movies...they are laughable, but ultimately they ARE entertainment...

• Love 1