Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Basic RV Repair and Palmistry

This was a return to Britta being nothing but the butt of jokes. But to be fair, Gillian Jacobs is good at it.

Otherwise it was a good solid character-based episode. It won't be one of my favorites, but there were lots of interactions and most of the characters felt right. And yes, it doesn't really make sense that all of them would go on the trip (even just for labor you'd pick other people). But that's why I said it's a character episode, not a plot one.

• Love 2

This one was funny. It would have been hilarious with a little more tightening up, but as I rant after every single episode, this new slightly longer time frame is doing nobody any favors. In general it did feel like a decent pre-Yahoo episode. Could have used a little more physical slapstick to pad out some of the "sitting in an RV waiting for the plot to move" banter, though. They should have brought Chang with them.

• Love 1

I loved the tag a lot.

Other than that, it was an enjoyable episode, reasonably strong, but the AV Club review was definitely on the money about how the sensibilities of the sixth season are largely only Jeff's and Abed's.

• Love 1

I felt like it was another "Abed doesn't have a good grasp on reality" episode.. I was flashing back to the claymation christmas episode and feeling pretty meh. I actually liked the Abed parts the most but disliked Jeff's ranting about it. I just imagine what it could have been if Troy were in it.

Which pretty much sums up Season 6.. how would Troy have made this better? Answer: In all the ways.

This was a return to Britta being nothing but the butt of jokes. But to be fair, Gillian Jacobs is good at it.

I keep wondering if they are going to pay off the running plot thread about Britta being a mess this season (broke, frequently drunk or high) but nothing so far.

• Love 1