Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Hold On

I did like that the show didn't go the unicorn and rainbows route by having the kid perfectly fine after the heroic surgery by Scott. I also liked that it was an true accident, not caused by drugs or alcohol or even texting, just a moment's inattention. It would have won the trifecta if the kid had just been ordinary, not the next music prodigy, but you can't have everything.

Really, show, a cowboy who doesn't eat beef?

• Love 3

IMO, Scott can blame the kid's being paralyzed due to the cops pulling him out of the surgery right in the middle of saving a life. I mean, really? Please. You can't wait 45 minutes? If they had to have Scott's blood sample NOW, a nurse could have pulled it right in the OR and Scott goes back to work.

Plus that rodeo guy was WAY too old to be doing anything except sitting on a regular riding horse. Champion Justin McBride RETIRED at 29. The average age of a pro bull rider is in the 20s. Bulls buck people off pretty much all the time. Face it, an old guy like Shane wouldn't be getting back up if he fell off the porch much less got smashed into the turf by a 2,000 lb. bull. And men don't barrel race at rodeos, that's the woman's sport.

I continue to love Topher. 

I thought Scott had no business in that OR until a blood test came back. The police had every right to do their job. I am glad it wasn't all magically fine at the end and thought the moment with Scott realizing what he did with Topher was excellent. Could care less about the beef between Paul and Krista.

• Love 2

I guess it was cool that Timothy Busfield both directed and guested on this as the former bull-rider, but I wish he and Melissa Gilbert had more to do, then just serve as a potential glimpse into TC and Jordan's future.  Already getting sick of their drama.  I feel like a lot of the issues would work out if they just sat down and talked, but they're just too busy either dodging them, waiting till the last minute to address them, and then bitching and complaining to their friends.  Listen you two, that baby won't be staying in there forever.  Step it up.

Glad Scott's accident ended up just being an accident, and nothing involving drugs, alcohol, or even texting.  Probably way unrealistic that they would let him anywhere near the OR, but I did feel like if he was there, they might as well let him finish.  I doubt it would have changed anything, but who knows if delaying it, could have caused more problems.  Eh, whole thing was silly.

Not a fan of Paul and Krista bickering, since it makes them both come off unlikable.  Although, I do think it was Paul that made it personal first, so that goes double for him.  The best part was easily Topher treating them like the kids they were acting like.

I probably would have cared more about the Kenny/Gwen stuff, if I was invested in their relationship.

Not enough Ragosa and Drew for me.  Overall, just not a huge fan of this particular episode.

guess it was cool that Timothy Busfield both directed and guested on this as the former bull-rider, but I wish he and Melissa Gilbert had more to do, then just serve as a potential glimpse into TC and Jordan's future.

It was fun to see Timothy Busfield back on teevee, and with his clothes on (instead of a naked Franklin on Sleepy Hollow). Melissa Gilbert is still beautiful and looked the same as her Little House days, although a bit more grown up.

TC has been acting all goofy and kid-like in contrast to his angsty persona of last season. What's up with him being all giddy and smiley all the time now? Doesn't he live with Jordan so wouldn't they have at least a few minutes in a week to talk about the upcoming baby?

I liked that Scott's accident was just missing a stop sign. I've done that a few times myself, not seen the sign until I'm through an intersection. (Never hit anyone though.) It went away from the texting/talking on the phone thing that keeps getting preached to us for a change. That accident and the Accident Of The Week shows anything can happen anytime, so Jordan, just let TC ride his bike. It's common for every "old" guy to get a bike, typically a Harley, so you are just fighting genetics with an anti-motorcycle crusade.

So Paul acts like an utter jerk to Krista (calling her incompetent and acting like a bitchy know-it-all), and she's the one who ends up apologizing in the end. Grrrr.

TC has been acting all goofy and kid-like in contrast to his angsty persona of last season. What's up with him being all giddy and smiley all the time now? Doesn't he live with Jordan so wouldn't they have at least a few minutes in a week to talk about the upcoming baby?

I think sometimes the show forgets (or expects us to forget) that things must happen in these characters' lives beyond the night shift. Wish the show would break format a little more often and give us a few at-home scenes.

that rodeo guy was WAY too old to be doing anything except sitting on a regular riding horse. Champion Justin McBride RETIRED at 29. The average age of a pro bull rider is in the 20s. Bulls buck people off pretty much all the time. Face it, an old guy like Shane wouldn't be getting back up if he fell off the porch much less got smashed into the turf by a 2,000 lb. bull. And men don't barrel race at rodeos, that's the woman's sport.

THANK YOU. It was great seeing Timothy Busfield and all, but he was WAY too old to be playing that role, and his fakey fake accent was grating. 

Overall this ep was enjoyable, but I continue to be so damn over TC and Jordan that I have to fast forward through any scene that's just the two of them.

Wish the show would break format a little more often and give us a few at-home scenes.

Yes to this. Then Ragosa's bey-otch of an ex-wife and snotty kid could antagonize him there instead of at his workplace, for pete's sake. Plus, maybe we'd get to see the TC/Jordan dog.

It was fun to see Timothy Busfield back on teevee, and with his clothes on (instead of a naked Franklin on Sleepy Hollow). Melissa Gilbert is still beautiful and looked the same as her Little House days, although a bit more grown up.

I liked that Scott's accident was just missing a stop sign. I've done that a few times myself, not seen the sign until I'm through an intersection. (Never hit anyone though.) It went away from the texting/talking on the phone thing that keeps getting preached to us for a change. That accident and the Accident Of The Week shows anything can happen anytime, so Jordan, just let TC ride his bike. It's common for every "old" guy to get a bike, typically a Harley, so you are just fighting genetics with an anti-motorcycle crusade.

"Just missing a stop sign."  Really?  In TV world it ends up with a quadriplegic so he can have a moment with his dad.  In the real world it ends up with not just quadriplegics but lots of death.

His character was a little annoying, but I got a kick out of them playing husband and wife, considering that's who they are to one another in real life too. Very cute.

His character was a little annoying, but I got a kick out of them playing husband and wife, considering that's who they are to one another in real life too. Very cute.

Did not know that! Cool information ... thanks!

• Love 1

I had no idea until a few months ago when I came across that information on some TV program highlighting the two of them as a couple, and I was all, "Get out of town! I didn't know he married Half Pint!" LOL.

• Love 2