Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

My parents watched the pilot tonight and my dad was convinced he'd seen Zeljko Ivanek in The West Wing.

Looked it up and he was right. This isn't his first outing advising in the Oval Office. He's CoS to President Glenallen Walken (John Goodman) in season 5!

Three months after exiting his post as CBS entertainment president, Glenn Geller is back at the network with a CIA drama.

Geller is teaming with Madam Secretary showrunner Barbara Hall to develop Family Business for the network and studio counterpart CBS Television Studios. The sale marks Geller's first piece of business since he stepped down as head of the network in May following a heart attack that sidelined him during the busy upfront season. Geller signed a producing deal with CBS Television Studios and is now focused on development — a return to his roots after he served as head of current series for both CBS and its studio counterpart.

Family Business is described as a multigenerational CIA spy family show told through the eyes of its youngest generation: three adult siblings who all struggle with rivalry, secrets and making their mark in the intelligence community.

Glenn Geller Returns to CBS With CIA Drama From Barbara Hall

Not really cast in other roles, but I'm watching Morgan Freeman's documentary on National Geographics and had to smile when he was doing some of the narration sitting in an Oval Office set in this week's episode. Wonder which set that was ;-)

• Love 1

This isn’t about the cast in other roles, it’s about the sets in other roles. I watch this show from time to time and I like it, there’s something about it that I find appealing but I can’t quite figure it what it isn’t that I like. Then tonight I’m watching the show and see a hallway shot that maeks me flash on The Good Wife, and then it hit me, I think I find this show ‘comfortable’ because it’s re using the same sets, albeit with some modifications, from TGW. Does anyone know if this is true? Just curiously.

20 minutes ago, gingerella said:

This isn’t about the cast in other roles, it’s about the sets in other roles. I watch this show from time to time and I like it, there’s something about it that I find appealing but I can’t quite figure it what it isn’t that I like. Then tonight I’m watching the show and see a hallway shot that maeks me flash on The Good Wife, and then it hit me, I think I find this show ‘comfortable’ because it’s re using the same sets, albeit with some modifications, from TGW. Does anyone know if this is true? Just curiously.

Google says The Good Wife was filmed in NYC as well, so they may be using the same set pieces but there's overlap - TGW filmed until 2016 and MSec started filming in 2014, so, from what I know, that would make it impossible for them to have filmed on the same regular sets (Dep of State, McCord home and, since S2, WH/Oval Office). Maybe they're using the same set designers though.

I also heard that there are some sets that aren't a show's set but sort of sets for everyone. I heard about it in connection with Castle and the episode that they filmed on an airplane. The airplane set was, apparently, a set that others used as well and they only had a week on that set. So, maybe there's some overlap with TGW for those sets.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:42 AM, CheshireCat said:

Google says The Good Wife was filmed in NYC as well, so they may be using the same set pieces but there's overlap - TGW filmed until 2016 and MSec started filming in 2014, so, from what I know, that would make it impossible for them to have filmed on the same regular sets (Dep of State, McCord home and, since S2, WH/Oval Office). Maybe they're using the same set designers though.

I also heard that there are some sets that aren't a show's set but sort of sets for everyone. I heard about it in connection with Castle and the episode that they filmed on an airplane. The airplane set was, apparently, a set that others used as well and they only had a week on that set. So, maybe there's some overlap with TGW for those sets.

I did a tour of Paramount in LA and they have some sets that are permanent sets for a specific show, but then other sets that are just open areas on the studio. So any Paramount show can film on them and even other studios can pay to come in and use certain spots. That was more for when specific set ups are needed, not recurring sets. I don't know how shows filmed in NYC have a similar set up with how they film.

Or as you said, it could be designers making similar sets for different shows.

• Love 1

Stephanie J. Block (Abby Whitman in S4) has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Leading Actress in a Musical
Stephanie J. Block, The Cher Show
Caitlin Kinnunen, The Prom
Beth Leavel, The Prom
Eva Noblezada, Hadestown
Kelli O'Hara, Kiss Me, Kate