Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Girl Meets Demolition

Note: This episode is not considered a part of season 1 but instead a special episode that is a part of Disney's "What the What Weekend". Additionally, Disney called the episode "Girl Meets What the What" to tie in to their special weekend, but the writers and other sources credit it as "Girl Meets Demolition".

I think they legitimately made Riley and Cory dumber in the "break" between S1 and S2 (or whatever this counts as).  It's a wonder Riley can get herself dressed in the morning.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5

I think they legitimately made Riley and Cory dumber in the "break" between S1 and S2 (or whatever this counts as).  It's a wonder Riley can get herself dressed in the morning.

That's what I've been wondering about too. He had a moment of clarity, and then that salescreep fooled him too. /facepalm

Debby Ryan does creep well. I think the best part about this episode was Tapanga, Lisa Landry and Jesse if I'm being honest. Oh and how extra gay Riley and Maya displayed. I approve. lol Very Shawn/Cory or JD/Turk.

I do love the theme of friendship on this show but at least it didn't feel forced like they seem to do when they add the boys on the show.

Since it's a "special episode" maybe (we can hope) they're specially EXTRA dumb JUST for this special episode.

I do love the theme of friendship on this show but at least it didn't feel forced like they seem to do when they add the boys on the show.

Didn't miss those boys at all. It was a better episode for not having those two.

Although IMO still not a great one. Watching dumb people act dumb rarely works out unless they're unsympathetic characters.

Danielle was the best part of the episode.  The one plus for me is I like it when Topanga is in kick ass mode.  I just don't think they need to make Riley and Cory dumber than dirt in order to get fiery kick ass Topanga.

Debby Ryan was appropriately slimy too.

• Love 2

Danielle Fishel was really good in this episode.

I think she was thrilled that she got to do more than just bitch about Ava and Auggie's precociously creepy "relationship."

I really did like seeing Topanga bring out her laywer side. And Debbie was great.

I didn't mind Riley being so dumb- Riley has been consistently portrayed as being very trusting and wanting to believe the best about people. I had a harder time with Cory, but I'm going to believe that it's Cory being insecure about getting older, and being flattered by the attention of a pretty young girl.

Finally, Debbie's parents were great. David Starzyk is a great "Hey, It's That Guy!"

Edited by methodwriter85

I didn't totally hate this episode. I was dreading it after reading some of the comments in here, but I actually found it cute and enjoyable. I loved seeing Cory get scammed. That outfit they had him in was hilarious. I think the hairstyle they gave Riley in this episode made her look older. Or maybe it's just that Rowan looks older. Either way, I could see a noticeable difference in how she looked in 1.20 and in this episode. I think my favorite thing about the episode, though, was that there was no Auggie and Ava in it. 

Auggie had an appropriate amount of time and role in the episode: 2.5 seconds at the very end in a scene with Cory as a mechanism for a punchline to a joke.  I approve that use of him!

• Love 4

I don't remember Cory, Luis Stevens and the kid from Shake it up being as annoying as Auggie. He'll not even the current younger siblings on the Disney channel shows are as bad as he and Ava are. I hope the writers fixes that.

I don't remember Cory, Luis Stevens and the kid from Shake it up being as annoying as Auggie. He'll not even the current younger siblings on the Disney channel shows are as bad as he and Ava are. I hope the writers fixes that.

Yea I hope they do as well. Same with Riley, she seems to be more annoying than Cory could be at times back in BMW.

• Love 2

In my real life I have to pretend I watch this show with my kids - but it's all about my Cory and Topanga love! And this episode had a fun mix of both.

Cory was over the top, but... Cory is over the top. If there is someone who would get snookered into thinking he could pull of Timberlake ("I'm bringing sexy back!), it would be Cory. (And it is just this element of Cory.2 that makes it fit the character of Riley for me) Even Cory knows on some level he can't pull off the attitude full time ("I'll just wear it with Shawn!") But Cory is consistent in  - season 1 BMW with the disastrous hair straightener (from Shawn's mystery sister); season 4 when he decides to get his hair done by Topanga's stylist to catch up to the power of her makeover; heck, even season 2 when he tried to makeover the nerd to take to the dance (and then she ditched him). Or the epitomous "Chick Like Me" ("My hosiery is bunching!" is a catchphrase in CasaKate)

Topanga shows especially in this episode how natural the progression to lawyer was - and her brand of lawyering really does fit with even Season 1 BMW Topanga (with post Mr. Cellini hair). 

Stunt casting for Debbie Ryan aside, I really enjoyed this episode. I do find it hard to believe Mya wouldn't have just physically restrained Riley from being quite such a chump. 

The definitive definition of Season 1 vs. 2 would seem to lie with Disney, and note that their URL system for online episodes ends in "/01/21-girl-meets-demolition" for this episode.

Devil's advocate: Maybe they didn't want to add a "Specials" url destination cause they are lazy. ;)

I am still waiting for my Sister Sister Cameo here disney!

Also is Disney just stole Emma Stone and Lindsy Lohan DNA? And how exactly is this a crossover when the actress is not playing her character? Isn't this more guest staring then crossover?

Also it's kinda annoying when Riley acts like, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuh," throughout the ep then suddenly have spark of GENIUS! They do this each time I feel like

Danielle Fishel hair...omg...She gave me complex over my curly hair growing up. I looked like the female verison corey

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 1
Danielle Fishel hair...omg...She gave me complex over my curly hair growing up. I looked like the female verison corey

As much as I've always coveted Topanga's hair, I couldn't help staring at her roots this episode. I don't think I've ever seen her hair that dark. 

I like Cory and Topanga being fiercely protective of Riley and Maya, even if Cory is a dope. Nice use of Jackee Harry. Having a billionaire friend will definitely come in handy, and I hope they remember her in the future. I laughed out loud at Cory's "I'm only going to wear them around Shawn." I'm surprised they got away with Cory saying "I'm bringing sexy back!"