Type keyword(s) to search

Claire Temple: Cutwoman To The Superheroes

She is totally cool and awesome! I kind of want to see her working, helping folks in the carnage of Avengers  if anything gets destroyed in New York City again.  (Trying to stay spoiler-free on the movie.)

I am sort of glad and sad that she and Matt are just friends. She gets enough insanity at her regular job. Matt dragging his work home would just be shop talk and that doesn't seem to relax Claire. Who is awesome enough to cat-sit despite allergies!

I hope that Claire pops up throughout the Netflix Marvel series. She is a logical connection, not just Nelson & Murdock, Esquires. 

Rosario Dawson needs to be on my TV/whatever screen more. Ms. Dawson is like Patrick Stewart and Avery Brooks, where they can read anything and I'd listen.

• Love 3

She could be Nick Fury or Coulson for the Netflix series.

If I were picking any of their movies for her to show up in though, it's Doctor Strange.  Since they've kept Matt's powers as being more mystical and less X-Men, and since Night Nurse has shown up in his stories from time to time...Plus, if Stephen Strange is a surgeon at Metro-General...

• Love 1

The interesting thing is, in the comics Claire was simply a love interest for Luke Cage, and separate from the Night Nurse, which is the major role she plays here. So I'm assuming she'll pop up again in Cage's series, and maybe even Agents of SHIELD somewhere down the road when the Netflix shows are more established.

• Love 1

She's awesome. I do, however, question why the heck they made her a nurse. That isn't really the skill set she displays. ER doctor or surgeon is more in line with what she does, so.. ? 

Feel the same way about Karen, really. Chance's entire plot line would have made more sense if she was an accountant  - Her investigative skills and ability to dig through corporate structures make very little sense for a secretary. 

• Love 1

I feel like nurses always know way more info and are way more capable than what their pay grade and degree would lead you to believe.  Plus, they get to play into the Night Nurse Marvel character stuff.

• Love 3
(edited)

I really wish Claire would have been a main character on the show.  She was a great blend of feminine, tough, compassionate, vulnerable, funny, warm, and blunt. Because there was no pretense between her and Matt, their conversations felt intimate and angst-free in a way that didn't with Foggy or Karen.  Two of the three characters I found most interesting aren't main characters, and she was one of them.  I never followed the comics, so I wasn't familiar with the characters beyond the early 00s Daredevil movie.  But I'm not at all interested in the Foggy/Karen/Matt dynamic, so I doubt I'll be tuning in next season.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 4

I'd have liked to see more of Claire, because she was pretty great and Rosario Dawson is awesome. But I imagine she's expensive too, and for a show that was probably not given that high a casting budget, I'd guess it was a coup just to get her for the few episodes they did.

I could definitely see her appearing in Dr. Strange, or one of the other Netflix series, because she is such a strong, recognisable presence (whether you watched Daredevil or not). And I really enjoy the interconnectedness of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I like the sense that all these things are happening in the here and now (always loved that with the comics, as well).

I just rewatched episode 4, and I love how tough she is when the Russian mobsters have her. She's not full of bravado or stupid defiance, and she is scared shitless and hurting and so very vulnerable. She feels real, and not unbelievably 'badass', and I appreciated that. Her laugh when the lights go out is spine-tingling, too.

• Love 4

I think Claire's popularity was noticed by Marvel.  They're promoting a collection of Night Nurse (the four issues from the 70s and the one from the run on Daredevil which reintroduced her) in their app this week.  And that's not even Claire.  I'm betting she'll pop back into the comics soon too.

• Love 1

I appreciated that. Her laugh when the lights go out is spine-tingling, too.

I did too.  It wasn't a "Thank God!  Matt's here to rescue me" laugh.  It was more of a vengeful "ya'll are so fucked" kinda laugh.  Loved that!

• Love 1

I think Claire's popularity was noticed by Marvel.  They're promoting a collection of Night Nurse (the four issues from the 70s and the one from the run on Daredevil which reintroduced her) in their app this week.  And that's not even Claire.  I'm betting she'll pop back into the comics soon too.

Is this on the Marvel Unlimited app? :) Thanks!

Really, really liked her! My favorite characters, (Ben, Leland and Claire) weren't main characters but I loved them.  

Claire is a breath of fresh air.  She's tough, witty and intelligent.  I hope she is a big part of season 2.  Or another super hero series. RD said she has signed on for all the series so who knows where she will pop up next!