Type keyword(s) to search

D'Onofri-off! Goren Vs. Kingpin

Det. Alexandra Eames, who's quite a bit better with people than he, always has his back, and keeps her highlights game tight.

I cannot even tell you how profoundly I support this statement. Eames forever.

And I'm surprised at the resolution of the D'Onofri-off! I don't usually go in for the superhero shows, but captial-D's involvement in this one really has me intrigued.

• Love 2

Jamey Sheridan, the actor that played Capt. Deakins, had his illness written into the show. Also, he looked damn sexy with the eye patch but that's just my opinion.

• Love 2

I love everything about this post.

And I'm immediately sympathetic to the set crew, who are gonna earn every dime of OT rebuilding the scenery that VDO is gonna chew.

• Love 3

Jeez, the first few times I read that as Eames kept her headlights game tight, and I couldn't figure it out. "Wait, was Eames always nipping out? Wasn't she usually wearing a turtleneck sweater and a blazer? Wha?....Oh HIGHLIGHTS, derka."

• Love 1

I generally don't care one way or another about Jeff Goldblum but I lost all interest in CI when he was in and Goren was out. I loved that crazy, library-card-carrying giant. And Eames was seriously the best. I'd take that partnership over Benson and Stabler any day.

• Love 4

But would either Kingpin or Goren beat john Large - the miserable bastard dying between the subway cars on Homicide? Hmmmmm? Now there's a VDO role to be beat!

Actually, his name was John Lange, but this is a great question! To be fair, if I found out I was a goner once my body was unstuck, I'd be one nasty asswipe, too! LOL! (Seriously, that was a great episode. No wonder it was nominated for a Peabody. And how funny that the guy who pushed John played a perp on CI in the first season, "Semi-Professional".)

• Love 1

Deakins wasn't "randomly" wearing an eyepatch.

The actor had Bell's Palsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_palsy

I had Bell's Palsy a few years ago, a result of Lyme Disease.   It was pretty weird, let me tell you.   At first, the left side of my torso went numb.   I thought I had pulled a muscle.    As days went by, I began to notice that my mouth wasn't moving properly, I couldn't curl my tongue anymore (I'm one who can normally) and I was unable to make my lips whistle.   Then the whole left side of my face went offline.   Everything returned to normal after about a week of oral antibiotics, but the full course was 30 days.   Damn ticks.   I narrowly avoided a spinal tap and reporting to a hospital on a daily basis for IV antibiotics.

My vote is for Bobby Goren.  

What I loved about VDO's portrayal of Fisk is that despite his imposing size and appearance you could always see the insecure fat little boy just below the surface.

• Love 2

I hope it's OK to post this here. I have to say: as much as I loved Goren (and I loved that character, or at least the first 5 years of that character) I hate Fisk. I can't even stand to hear VDO speaking during the show. Th guy talks way too much.

I think Fisk is the only thing I don't really like about this show. Luckily, there's a lot of other stuff to love.