Type keyword(s) to search

Jericho - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sure I'm supposed to think it's horrible that Hawkins's teenage daughter just killed someone, but (even though I knew it was going to end this way-thanks, Chekov!) I still thought "hell, yeah!"

I sure hope the implication of that cinematic shot of Mr. Greene walking away, was that Gray was realizing who the real Mayor is.

Edited by morgankobi

Hey, I like a rugged Lassie. Well, except when he's essentially taking hostages.

I still want to punch Eric in the face.

I feel like there will need to be a rescue in a few episodes.

I appreciated the doctor's "I hope you're not giving me some existential, we're all connected speech!" bit to Jake. heh

Man this show goes to extremes to resolve love-triangles.

Why write the title on the back of each photo if you're just going to pin it up? I thought Hawkins was smarter than this.

I love that cover of Mad World.

(edited)

Lennie James sure can wear a suit.

It seems odd that they revealed, to us, that the guy with the cane was in on all meetings early on. I thought it would have been more surprising if we saw it at the same time he realized it himself.

Edited by morgankobi
(edited)

I kind of love Jimmy. I'm not big on small talk, which he seems to be very good at, but he always ends up being endearing.

Is Heather really dead? What a weird exit for a character, technically a few episodes ago.

So did they totally change Sean/Shawn's character? He's now this harmless, dazed goofball, but wasn't he the one being an asshole trying to go into the market and bust things up for fun after Gracie's death?

Edited by morgankobi
(edited)

Yay to hearing the "nut" story. So everyone was basically telling CBS to go to hell? Ha! and also, odd way to ask for renewal...

Of course Texas is still a hold-out.

Oh, Major Dad, there was no way you were going to survive a 3rd brush with death.    :(

After his line about protecting Gray, as the elected Mayor, at all costs, I'm sure glad that anvil didn't drop.

I loved the juxtaposition of Jake getting Gray to safety so there'a leader left tomorrow, by ordering everyone around against Gray's wishes. And then no one argues with him. If I didn't want to punch Gray in the face constantly, I'd kind of feel bad for him as he's never actually been Mayor for maybe more than 5 minutes.

Wow, Stanley's good at forging anvils himself. Going to propose, happy. Whew, close call (for now).

What a way to end a season. Damn.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

I'm late watching this, but I'm constantly shocked how shallow and un-worried some of the characters seem to be. For instance, the woman from the IRS keeps saying things like "I'm almost back to getting nonfat soy lattes in DC!" as if she isn't worried that DC might not even be there anymore. Half the town seems to spend all their time sitting around drinking (warm beer?) and staring at a TV that doesn't even work, instead of coming up with something productive to do like working on planting crops (if they have to dig up 18 inches of soil before they can eat anything grown from now on, that's a lot of work!). 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LeGrandElephant said:

I'm late watching this, but I'm constantly shocked how shallow and un-worried some of the characters seem to be. For instance, the woman from the IRS keeps saying things like "I'm almost back to getting nonfat soy lattes in DC!" as if she isn't worried that DC might not even be there anymore.

That's Mimi, and she gets better once the denial stops and reality finally comes crashing in on her.  She actually became one of the most popular characters on the show.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

After re-watching Revolution, I decided to re-watch this. It's still so good. 

I will never get over the creep factor of seeing that new "Allied States of America" flag go up the pole.

It's even creepier now that we live in a world where, under very different circumstances, our country is almost as unrecognizable as the version in this show, and the idea of a different version of America with a different name no longer seems so... outrageous.