Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion: Dropping The Beat

I am loving this show so far.  My one complaint is I don't know why they keep cutting to this Chrissy person during performances.  I want to see the performance, not her making faces.  And why is she literally elevated from everyone else?

• Love 6

They should only cut to Chrissy when there aren't any words in that part of the song. But that was frustrating last night when they cut to her while they were synching!

If there is an instrumental part in the song, fine, show us Chrissy. If there isn't we'd like to see the contestants. 

• Love 1

According to this vulture write up on the show's success, the bookings are mostly done in tandem and the celebs already know each other. It's that preexisting relationship that makes them comfortable to have all the trash talking bits and ignites their competitive side to go balls to the wall in their performances. 

That write-up also notes that they haven't "over-produced" the show and I have to admit I'm stunned at my lack of imagination because I couldn't imagine what else they could have done to the show.  I'm glad they kept it simple, tho.

Oh - sorry, I really should have put this in the media thread rather than S1 discussion. Oops!

Edited by dusang

I have really enjoyed the show so far, usually get a good laugh or 2 each time .  I try not to get too wrapped up in the winners and losers as it seems to be for entertainment only.  I will continue watching as long as they have good guests on.  I am hoping they don't end up having to have any Real Housewives or reality show retreads like Kate Gosselin and Lisa Rinna.  I will probably check out at that point.  

• Love 1

Please how do we convince JImmy Fallon and John Krasinski to lose Chrissy? She is ruining my enjoyment of this fantastic show. She's always hiking up her dress and making stupid faces at the bar camera. IMO, she adds nothing to the show. There has to be someone else available. If they are just looking for legs and boobs: Brooklyn Decker! Rebecca Romijn! And I know she's too A-list, but imagine the fun Cameron Diaz would bring! 

/endrant

• Love 5

If they are just looking for legs and boobs: Brooklyn Decker! Rebecca Romijn! And I know she's too A-list, but imagine the fun Cameron Diaz would bring!

This isn't a high-profile show, so it may not matter, but there are some folks who might raise a fuss if a minority co-host were to be eplaced with a white one.

This isn't a high-profile show, so it may not matter, but there are some folks who might raise a fuss if a minority co-host were to be eplaced with a white one.

noted! i'd still rather watch LaLa Anthony from the commercial breaks than CT! Gabrielle union! Doesn't Eva Mendes need a job now that she has a baby to support?? (In fact, she'd be perfect.)

• Love 2

John Legend won me over with Slow Motion! (Common needed no additional help on that front. I already adore him)  John also wasted all the good will he earned by attempting MC Hammer and failing to do the Chinese typewriter--if you can't do the routine's signature move, pick another song.

And I don't care that Chrissy is John Legend's wife--she's awful.  I can't bear to watch this show live as she is an annoying twit.  She has NO rhythm!  And yes Common was better, but damn she could have been a tad more supportive. BWAHAHAHA!

Edited by neciamorris
  • Love 5

Common's comment about having been a side dick made me laugh so hard. 

I didn't know the name of the dance, Chinese Typewriter (in my head I call it the space invader like the really old school video game), but I agree it was a let down he didn't do it. 

• Love 2