Type keyword(s) to search

Defiance: The Lost Ones Webisodes

I just watched all five of these minis On Demand, 30 minutes more or less total. A nice tiny bit of back story for Irisa & Nolan. Overall not a lot of new info, but kind of a memory jog for me about the series. I was glad to see that all of last season's episodes are still available to view. I'm going to try to work back through them before June.

I thought the webisodes were a good route to take to fill in Nolan and Irisa's back story and Nolan's quest to find Irisa in the present time. Katie Douglas knocked it out of the park playing Irisa especially with the way she mirrored the mannerisms that Stephanie Leonidas has infused in Irisa. Grant Bowler did a great job conveying his love and devotion to Irisa. It was great that we didn't get a resolution to the search because that means we will see more of the world that the Defiance creators envisioned outside of the town of Defiance.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can someone clarify for me the policy regarding Iraths and the refugee camps? Why did Nolan fear for her safety in the refugee camp, was it an "actual" camp for refugees or a concentration camp for powerless Voltans (i.e. orphans like Irisa?)? 

Thank you in advance!

ETA that I never thought a scene in which a small child is being taught knife skills could be so cute!

Edited by Scarlett45
(edited)

Oh man I just checked the Canadian official site for the show and they link to the video that won't play in Canada, too.  That's... really bad business sense, that right there. 

It's here if you want to poke around and see if you can find it.   There's a possibility the web proxy I'm going through may be spazzing out so maybe it's just borked for me. 

Edited by millahnna

Can someone clarify for me the policy regarding Iraths and the refugee camps? Why did Nolan fear for her safety in the refugee camp, was it an "actual" camp for refugees or a concentration camp for powerless Voltans (i.e. orphans like Irisa?)? 

Thank you in advance!

ETA that I never thought a scene in which a small child is being taught knife skills could be so cute!

Figure the camp would probably be a cross between refugee, POW and concentration.  What forces were in the camp would be focused on keeping the detainees contained within it, not on enforcing decent behavior.  A young, small alien girl like Irisa would probably be badly treated by other Votans (especially Castithans) by getting beaten or getting her food stolen.  As weak and thin as she was, she'd soon die.  Nolan had rescued her, felt responsible to her and determined that such a fate wouldn't befall her.  Eventually that sense of responsibility grew into a father's love for his daughter.