Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Fighting Shadows

• Start Topic

Well I was impressed. The plotline was surprisingly nuanced and I was very glad to see a terrorist with motivation beyond 'America is Evil.'  I thought the actor did a good job conveying his absolute commitment to his cause. Course, it helps that he did the same thing on Mothership several seasons ago.

What the heck does IAB want with Deeks? I'm seriously racking my brains trying to figure out what could possibly have cheesed them off and I've got nothing.  

Was delighted to see that the 'everybody knows' reveal was not in anyway related to Hetty mixing up the teams. Although I did laugh at Callen outright trolling Deeks and then Sam giving a Kensi the 'life happens/safe sex' speech. Speaking of, can we take that as confirmation that Aiden is not Michelle's child?

Can I say how awesome it was that no one went to the 'secret keeping, break up for their own good' place? Holy crap, honest communication between mature adults. What has the world come to?

• Love 3

Speaking of, can we take that as confirmation that Aiden is not Michelle's child?

I thought same! Thank you show, for reading our comments and clearing that up!  :-)

Am also intrigued about what they want with Deeks.

Is it ever about the person they're meant to be investigating? So far, every time I can remember it's been a scam or an end run at Hetty.

I'm sort of not convinced that the uncle could live in this society and even try to convince himself that if the muslim uncle of a convicted muslim terrorist sent muslim kids with a really big suicide bomb to take out an FBI office the message which would go out in the media (which was no doubt very enthusiastic about the original arrest) is "the FBI shouldn't entrap people." I doubt his sincerity, to put it mildly.

Is it ever about the person they're meant to be investigating? So far, every time I can remember it's been a scam or an end run at Hetty.

True. But that usually comes from foreign governments or federal agencies. What on earth does LAPD have against her?

I'm hoping that this Deeks/IA thing is gonna develop into an arc for the rest of the season (because this season needs one, IMHO).  Deeks was so clearly lying like a big ole rug when he told Hetty there was nothing IA could dredge up to attack him with, that I can't wait to find out what it is.  I think this episode was a promising start to an interesting story.

Just hope that as soon as they were out the door, he told Kensi the truth.

I hope so too, because keeping your partner-in-all-things in the dark about something this important is a recipe for relationship disaster.  On the other hand, I can think of three reasons why Deeks might feel he is justified in not coming clean with Kensi.  One, for her physical safety (though this has to be the least likely because Deeks knows just how capable Kensi is of defending herself).  Two, to protect her professionally.  Or three, because he promised someone else (Ray, maybe?) that he would keep something a secret.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm wicked curious to see how it all plays out.

I got the impression that Kensi was a big part of the reason why Deeks was holding back information from Hetty, and that if Kensi hadn't been in the room, he might have been more forthcoming.
Having said that, i really hope he's honest with her. They don't need any contrived relationship drama.

• Love 2

MTMJR I agree that those are the only 3 plausible reasons for keeping Kensi in the dark. I would hope that for the last 2 Deeks would at least say that there is something and these are his reasons for keeping it to himself.

The look on Deeks' face when he said there was nothing, I thought (and still think) that it had to do with his relationship with Kensi.  Now you guys having me thinking there is more too.

I wonder if Deeks'  secret also has to do with his shooting his father?  Or Ray?  Or the corrupt IAB cop from a few seasons ago?

I also liked Callen and Sam- they really felt like agents to me in this one.  I think this was one of the more complex (and dark) episodes in awhile.

The show is coming back for season 7, right?

The look on Deeks' face when he said there was nothing, I thought (and still think) that it had to do with his relationship with Kensi. Now you guys having me thinking there is more too.

I wonder if Deeks' secret also has to do with his shooting his father? Or Ray? Or the corrupt IAB cop from a few seasons ago?

I also liked Callen and Sam- they really felt like agents to me in this one. I think this was one of the more complex (and dark) episodes in awhile.

The show is coming back for season 7, right?

God I hope it comes back! I don't think there's any danger of cancellation.

That is a really good point Ceindreadh. Hetty was ready to bring him in years ago as a full agent and I can't begin to think she'd have done that without background checking him first.

There are no secrets about this team that Hetty does not know.

(edited)

When Deeks joined NCIS Hetty had filled out all the paperwork already so I imagined she'd already done a background check.  Later on Callen mentioned to Hetty that she must have had her eye on Deeks for awhile before she brought him in.

So it seems to me that if Deeks has done something IA is looking into, then it has to do with someone he's done since he joined NCIS.  I have my suspicions.  

Anyway, Hetty seems to know everything, so I guess she secretly knows whatever Deeks has done, (or not done).

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 1

I suspect (spoiler tagged to be on the safe side):  

Somehow Ray from Plan B has gotten into trouble and Deeks helped him out, trigging something in the LAPD that thinks is illegal.  Or else whatsisname from the Debt is out of jail and framing him

Am I close?  

• Love 2

total guess, but with all this talk of Hetty trying to bring in Deeks as an agent my guess is this plot will be the catalyst to get him to join NCIS.  Someone will probably be framing Deeks and but the team won't be able to fully clear his name--just enough to get him fired from LAPD but not in jail, leaving his only option for employment being NCIS. 

• Love 1