Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: The New Maddie?

• Start Topic

He has Type I diabetes and it's severe. Kira tried talking about it on the show a few episodes back and Abby cut her off.

That's sad. I hope he's well. But Brynn doesn't even need to be here in the first place.

• Love 1

Brynn is the current reigning Mini Dancer for a very well known, well respect, prestiges organization. She also has a brother who is very sick with a family who can't not just drop everything to be at Abbys beck n call. Brynn doesn't need Abby Lee---Abby Lee needs Brynn. 

Without Miss Abby, most people wouldn't know who Brynn is.

With Miss Abby, most of the planet will.

I think realistically it's only a few million will.  :)

Maybe less.  I started watching because even with the momma drama, I thought the originals girls were cute, sweet and good dancers.  I miss Brooke, Paige and Chloe because I thought the dynamic of the original girls was so good.  I do not miss Cathy's little girl (was it Vivianne?) or any of the other parade of dancers that have come thorough the ALDC.  I am so stinkin glad Asia is gone and will remember her but not for good reasons.  I will remember JoJo because while she drove me crazy in the first few episodes (editing maybe), her personality and drive have grown on me.

• Love 2

Without Miss Abby, most people wouldn't know who Brynn is.

With Miss Abby, most of the planet will.

No, if Brynn continues on the track she's on the whole world will know her name as a professional dancer and ballerina. 

Abby Lee really won't make much of a dent. 

• Love 5

Just because it made me smile, the dance world isn't known by a very large percentage of the whole world so the odds of any Dance Moms participant being known by the whole world is really tiny isn't it?  

• Love 3

No, if Brynn continues on the track she's on the whole world will know her name as a professional dancer and ballerina.

Abby Lee really won't make much of a dent.

You really think that?! Before her appearance on Dance Moms, i'm willing to state as a fact that practically next to nobody knew who she was.

One appearance on Dance Moms, thanks to Miss Abby, and she's been exposed to between 1.5 and 2.5 million viewers, myself included.

Edited by OnceSane
snark the show, not your fellow posters

You really think that?! Before her appearance on Dance Moms, i'm willing to state as a fact that practically next to nobody knew who she was.

One appearance on Dance Moms, thanks to Miss Abby, and she's been exposed to between 1.5 and 2.5 million viewers, myself included.

Just because you didn't know who she was before she appeared on Dance Mom's...which has more to do with Lifetime than it does Abby (she actually doesn't get much of a say who comes on her shown anymore), doesn't mean she wasn't known by millions before. Brynn is close to another Sophia Lucia; check out some of her better known dances on YouTube...long before the ALDC she was getting over a half million views on her solo's. Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 3

Half a million views doesn't translate into a half a million people watching her. That doesn't give any info on how many repeat viewers there were.  I'm not saying that she isn't good at all.  It's just all of the children on Dance Moms are far from world wide acknowledgement.  The vast majority of people just in the United States have no idea who they are.  It has increased their recognition in the reality TV world and possibly the dance world, but those are tiny segments of society overall.  

• Love 4

Just because you didn't know who she was before she appeared on Dance Mom's...which has more to do with Lifetime than it does Abby (she actually doesn't get much of a say who comes on her shown anymore), doesn't mean she wasn't known by millions before. Brynn is close to another Sophia Lucia; check out some of her better known dances on YouTube...long before the ALDC she was getting over a half million views on her solo's.

But not many people actually go to youtube and know who they are. Most of the dance world has no clue who Sophia, Brynn or even the dm girls are. Unless you crawl and watch their videos are tune in and watch dance moms they're just another dancer

• Love 3

Just because you didn't know who she was before she appeared on Dance Mom's...which has more to do with Lifetime than it does Abby (she actually doesn't get much of a say who comes on her shown anymore), doesn't mean she wasn't known by millions before. Brynn is close to another Sophia Lucia; check out some of her better known dances on YouTube...long before the ALDC she was getting over a half million views on her solo's.

Okay, i didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me,..and i apologize for being snarky.

There are studios and individuals that are very well known and broadly admired in the competitive dance worlds - both the circuit and ballet competition.  They are the studios/schools that consistently put out winners, and the individual winners themselves.  On a scale with all of the US, or the world, it's but a small drop in a huge bucket but in the dance world, where casting eventually takes place as these dancers grow into adults (or even child roles) they are known.  On that note, I had never heard of Abby Lee until this show came along, that doesn't mean that she's never put out great dancers before - it's just not a consistent name that I remember from quality nationals.  

Brynn is amazing, no doubt about it - but in terms of popularity, comparing her to Sophia Lucia is a bit inaccurate, imo.  Bryan just won her first major competition, at the Dance Awards, last season.  So she is relatively "new" in terms of the competition circuit.  She gets a lot of hits on her videos - but mostly when they are posted on very popular channels like DancingWithYT, etc, and most of them are nowhere near half a million. Her most popular video, by far, is the one where she is dancing next to Maddie at Booty Camp.  This is not a dig at her - I agree with you that she will go far, just saying that as of right now I don't think she's really known by millions.

Her new solo is amazing though!! Here's a link if anyone is interested:  https://youtu.be/L6J3tvsu6-w

Edited by sofiah