Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Ask Me My Name

Tara Ariano

Oh! The other thing I would tell Hannah...never EVER never never never say to the woman who "stole" your boyfriend that you do think she's better than you or admit your weaknesses. She's standing there telling you that she'll give him back over time, um, no! Mimi-Rose writes poems to strangers and has this idiotic idea about knowing everyone's "story"  with the whole name obsession. It makes her a good sales person, not a great human being. If you go to buy a car the guy repeats your name often so you feel important, he just wants you to buy the car. 

I once had a woman in my office who went on a trip to Egypt, cool place, wonderful experience then she randomly tells me the boyfriend she went with dumped her. You can tell your bff that but you just don't randomly tell people that. Even if it's denial you don't admit your powerlessness in a break up situation. Shosh may be the only one that hasn't spilled everything Hannah's said either directly to Adam or ffs Mimi-Rose! Now she is giving it straight to Mimi-Rose and this upcoming best seller is going to have a heroine named "Anna" who solves her own murder using hologram technology and her ex boyfriend "chatham". Nothing about MR is genuine, it's fodder for her "art". Her name is probably Susan.

Mimi-Rose drives me crazy, what a phoney. I know there are many girls out there who are like this and get away with it, but that only makes it more infuriating. Ever since her proclamation that she was stepping out for a green juice I knew we were in for it. I predict it will get worse and that she is just a big act/as manipulative as Jessa. I think it's being set up for Adam to come crawling back and for Hannah to say no, and then for her to finally grow up a bit. If your guy is falling for THAT he deserves the mess he's left with. 

I really liked how Hannah went up to Adam and told him that she got why he left her. I thought that was really mature and big of her (uncharacteristically so) to admit that she wasn't always the best to him or for him. I don't think it excuses him for being such a coward for not telling her he'd moved on but it was great to see a bit of growth from her. I think it also allowed her to take a little bit of power back in a situation where she has none. She came off well when she did this.

What is up with Jessa? Like Whaaa? I know she's pulled random and mean stuff to Hannah before (such as leaving her in the middle of nowhere at Jessa's dad's) but this is really a whole other level in it's pre-calculation. She's starting to come off as total death poison where as I just didn't see her that way before. I can't like her anymore the way she is being written, and it almost doesn't seem like it's natural for her character. Seems like a new idea the show people are throwing out, let's turn her into the craziest bitch ever.

Marnie is a climber and seems confused in general. It's painful to watch these awful people but I can't look away! I'm routing for some actual change and growth but I doubt we will see that. I suppose the reason I watch is that the individual scenes themselves are really well written and it's fun to see the actor's back and forth. The character development of the girls is really arrested though. 

• Love 5

Oh! The other thing I would tell Hannah...never EVER never never never say to the woman who "stole" your boyfriend that you do think she's better than you or admit your weaknesses. She's standing there telling you that she'll give him back over time, um, no! Mimi-Rose writes poems to strangers and has this idiotic idea about knowing everyone's "story"  with the whole name obsession. It makes her a good sales person, not a great human being. If you go to buy a car the guy repeats your name often so you feel important, he just wants you to buy the car. 

I once had a woman in my office who went on a trip to Egypt, cool place, wonderful experience then she randomly tells me the boyfriend she went with dumped her. You can tell your bff that but you just don't randomly tell people that. Even if it's denial you don't admit your powerlessness in a break up situation.

I never knew these rules. How long have these been rules? Because usually people just tell me stuff. I mean, if the boyfriend dumped you why not say so? We're not always in control of relationships, especially breakups. People do what they're gonna do. Needing everyone to always think you were the one who walked away is more salesmanship.

I don't know what Hanna's confession to Mimi-Rose could cost her, really. I mean, she's already not with Adam. Her friends all already know what Adam did--not sure why that, or the way Hanna feels about it, is supposed to be some kind of big secret.

And what difference does it make what the woman who "stole" your boyfriend thinks about you? How is this going to make any sort of difference in either of your lives, at all? Is there some kind of competition still going on between them? I thought that was over.

• Love 8

I never knew these rules. How long have these been rules? Because usually people just tell me stuff. I mean, if the boyfriend dumped you why not say so? We're not always in control of relationships, especially breakups. People do what they're gonna do. Needing everyone to always think you were the one who walked away is more salesmanship.

I don't know what Hanna's confession to Mimi-Rose could cost her, really. I mean, she's already not with Adam. Her friends all already know what Adam did--not sure why that, or the way Hanna feels about it, is supposed to be some kind of big secret.

And what difference does it make what the woman who "stole" your boyfriend thinks about you? How is this going to make any sort of difference in either of your lives, at all? Is there some kind of competition still going on between them? I thought that was over.

I completely agree with you.

I didn't view it as weakness, I viewed it as honesty that comes from a broken heart. That sounds cheesy even typing, but oy vey a heartbreak is the worst. And Adam royally screwed her in so many ways.

My fave part was when they were in the laundry mat and Hannah comes out of the bathroom and Mimi Rose has given the lady the poem and H says (from memory only) "Ok, I was in there like two minutes".

There was a joy in Hannah in the school and teachers lounge that was really nice to see. Id like more of that.

Know when she said she quit in short terms bc she she lacked the talent in Iowa? Did I just watch all those scenes wrong? I didn't think she'd been there long enough to know if she was top, middle, or bottom dog. But wouldn't a place like that work to enrich and develop you? Her admission, and maybe it was defense mechanism that she just didn't want to put the effort into it, didn't really mirror what I saw in Iowa.

Whether I'm getting weaker or Girls is getting stronger, I'm liking it more (excluding season one which I loved).

• Love 1

I didn't like thIs episode because Mimi Rose doesN't feel real anymore. I agree this feels much like a setup to make Adam regret leaving Hannah and Hannah to be the one who is over it by then.

It's ok for Hannah to admit those things, she just doesn't have to admit them to Mimi-Rose. It's much more productive for her to have that honesty with Adam. I definitely think Mimi-Rose is a fraud, a person who writes poems to strangers because she just loves frikkin humanity that much doesn't use abortion as birth control. 

• Love 1

I know that its totally unrealistic, but I would be ok with Hannah becoming a teacher. She was actually pretty likable in the scenes at the school. Poor Fran. He seemed like a real catch. So of course, Hannah forgets about him. She was actually pretty charming and likable until she ran into the gang at the art show. Maybe this whole time, Hannah and her friends aren't really assholes, its just that they bring out the asshole in each other?

Ok maybe they are kinda assholes.

I don't know about Mimi-Rose. Her little speech about the picture and her desire to make art seemed pretty genuine, but offering to barter off Adam? Was just weird as hell. They were basically talking to him like he was a Pokemon card, not an actual person who might like a say in this.

On the plus side, everyone looked great tonight. I was even momentarily alright with Hannah s hair.

Everything is better with more Elijah.   

I didn't like thIs episode because Mimi Rose doesN't feel real anymore. I agree this feels much like a setup to make Adam regret leaving Hannah and Hannah to be the one who is over it by then.

The way Adam looked towards Hannah as she walked away definitely alluding to that.  Adam will declare in love in the finale and she'll tell him to kick bricks.  Then, we won't see Adam Driver again for a while (because of STAR WARS).

• Love 1

It's ok for Hannah to admit those things, she just doesn't have to admit them to Mimi-Rose. It's much more productive for her to have that honesty with Adam. I definitely think Mimi-Rose is a fraud, a person who writes poems to strangers because she just loves frikkin humanity that much doesn't use abortion as birth control. 

Actually, I think Hannah was onto something when she said she wasn't mad at Mimi-Rose, but at Adam. Because Adam is the one who dumped Hannah. Mimi-Rose didn't do that. Adam is the one who should have told Hannah what was going on, and that he was seeing someone new. He should not have waited til Hannah got home. The fact that he did, suggests that it's not productive at all to have honesty with Adam.

They had something. Now they do not. They could become friends again over time. Or they could get back together. But for right now, Hannah is actually doing the right thing for a change. She's blaming Adam, not Mimi-Rose, and she's working towards making a new friend, not a new enemy. It's too bad about the lovely guy on the date with her, though.

I think Mimi-Rose misses Ace. She might actually want to hand Adam back to Hannah and get back with Ace. I expect that's where this is going. I think Mimi-Rose is having regrets. Ace is really weird, but ok. Adam is going to regret his choice, he'll try to get Hanna back, and just as CofCinci says, She won't go for it. Instead we'll get some weird adventures with other characters like Ace, Ray, Fran, maybe another new guy, until Adam Driver is available again.

• Love 2

I agree. She should be mad at Adam. When I see chicks going after the other woman and gonna throw down over a man I think it's him they should be mad at. (And vice versa if a girl cheated) the other person may not have known even though I think Mimi did. It doesn't mean she needs to become besties with Mimi. She already has Jessa as a toxic friend.

• Love 2

Unexpectedly, I liked Mimi Rose during the laundromat scene.  And it's interesting that she is the one person to whom Hannah was able to confess that she left Iowa because she didn't have enough talent as a writer.  Hannah has never said anything clear-eyed about herself before.  Is this character development . . . ??

Jessa is awful.  Btw, what is she doing for a living these days, besides being Dr. Female Eeeevil?

All I could think about when I heard Z. Quinto's character's name was, Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man.

• Love 3