Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

SERIOUSLY?!!  DAMMIT!!

LoT, you were doing so well! Why you gotta play a fan favourite like that?! 

Yeah, I hate it too. It's like they want to piss off their fans. 

I did find this interview where PK downplays Sara/Snart as well. It looks like they want to disappoint all of their fans:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/legends-tomorrow-ep-phil-klemmer-rips-return-struggle-mick-rorys-soul/

Didn't we already see the Amaya/Nate love scene in a promo? So it's not that surprising. Disappointing, yes. These writers still haven't learned that their forced pairings never work. It's the ones they don't write for that people fall for. 

• Love 3

Damn.  I was hoping for Mick and Amaya.

I don't necessarily mind the idea of Nate and Amaya, but it makes me nervous.  Pairing the new characters together is not always a good idea.  It could end up with us losing both.  

I would have been happier seeing Amaya with Jax, Ray, or even Rip (assuming he's in his right mind, they could bond over tragic losses and the sheer horror about what the team will do without supervision) instead of Nate.

Oh well.

Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec! These are the same guys who run and write for Arrow, correct?

Sheesh, what are we getting worried for? These guys get off on trolling fans and play with truth all the time. "Mick is a pyromaniacal and sociopathic deviant who's one good sneeze from breaking bad again!" is probably code for "Mick will end the season frolicking in the meadows with kitties and rainbows!"

• Love 5
On 1/25/2017 at 4:47 PM, Starfish35 said:

I'd rather Lily replace Martin than Robbie, in the hypothetical scenario that VG left the show.  Just so we could get another woman on the team.  

I'd rather Lily just join the team. It would be nice to see VG have an onscreen daughter again.

• Love 1

I'm really curious about that promo picture with Lily, Mick and Ray. The stance of Mick and Lily is that of two people getting in each other's face, and Ray is in the background looking like he's on his way over to try and calm things down. Wonder what that's all about? And how ballsy is Lily to get in the face of a big, aggressive guy like Mick?

I really, really hope I like her. And that she doesn't get erased... FROM EXISTENCE!! (/DocBrown)

Edited by Miss Dee

Regarding speculation about the spear bringing people back to life, the only one I'd be ok with them saving is Snart (the team's Snart) but I doubt that will happen unless WM wants to come back to the show.  

Although it just occurred to me that they might bring Rex Tyler back to life.  But I wonder how they might do that without invalidating the entire season?  Well, at least invalidating it as far as Amaya is concerned, because she would not have left with the Legends if he hadn't been killed.

Wasn't someone in this thread speculating about everyone facing their biggest temptations regarding the spear, later in the season?  

Edited by Starfish35

I have been wondering if maybe Lily will turn out to be the romance that they've hinted at for Mick this season.  It would set up a funny sort of situation where Martin would essentially be Mick's father in law.  

I could enjoy that idea, but I hope they develop Lily beyond just being a love interest if that's the case.  There's nothing wrong with romance but that shouldn't be all she gets.

I'd rather Lily have no immediate love interest. Frankly, a woman needing to be a LI first& foremost has been played too much by the show. Both Amaya & Kendra were barely given a story beyond LI. I think the only reason SL is exempt from this kneejerk reaction is because of her sexuality.

I don't think if they bring Rex back to life it invalidates the season. It might be the solution or the big victory. They needed the season to unfold in order to find justice for Rex. But if they can save his life in the process that might be a good thing. My understanding was that Rex was not supposed to die at that time, so restoring his life may fix the timeline. Other people in the Flarrowverse were supposed to die when they did, so restoring their lives does not fix the timeline. Or in Rip's family, you can't stop the inevitable. It also provides them an exit for Amaya to go back to her time and continue on with her life. Not that I want to see her go, just saying if the show wants to, it provides them an exit.

• Love 3

And we have to remember Rex goes to the Legends to start with because "Mr. Rory" told him to. That was to tell the Legends not to go back to the New York of his time - although, knowing what the Legends are like, it's entirely possible "Mr. Rory" told Rex to tell them *not* to go because he knew that'd guarantee they'd end up there.

• Love 1

I don't understand why they can't have a female character on the show without having her be a love interest for one of the male characters or have almost their sole purpose be to create drama for a male character (like Lilly Stein).

Kendra was an object of lust for Vandal Savage, Hawkman, Ray, and even Jax was interested in her.

They had that weird brief pairing of Sara and Snart, but it ended with his death.

They don't need to pair Amaya up with any of them. *sigh* And Nate of all people. ugh.

On to the villain side of things, I loved the last episode and I hope they do another episode from the POV of the villains. That was entertaining.

• Love 2

http://dclegendstv.com/2017/02/02/legends-of-tomorrow-camelot3000-spoiler-description/

Camelot/3000 Description:

ALL FOR ONE — The Legends continue their quest to hunt down the Spear of Destiny before the pieces fall into the hands of the Legion of Doom.  The Legends discover that pieces of the Spear are each being guarded in different time periods by members of the JSA.  Their first stop is the future where they find Dr. Mid-Nite (guest star Kwesi Ameyaw) which eventually leads them to the past and King Arthur’s Camelot, where Stargirl (guest star Sarah Grey) is protecting her piece of the Spear. In order to protect the Spear shard from the now-evil Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), the Legends must join forces with the Knights of the Round Table.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

So, knowing what we know about the apparently hot-and-heavy love scene coming up in the next episode....is anybody seeing *anything* between Nate and Amaya that would suggest they'd be bumping uglies at the first opportunity? Because I've been looking and I gotta tell ya... I'm stumped. If I squint I can see the writers sort of hinting at Amaya and Ray in the George Lucas episode, but I can't see any kind of connection with Nate that's stronger than we've seen her have with Ray or Mick, or even Jax.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

So, knowing what we know about the apparently hot-and-heavy love scene coming up in the next episode....is anybody seeing *anything* between Nate and Amaya that would suggest they'd be bumping uglies at the first opportunity? Because I've been looking and I gotta tell ya... I'm stumped. If I squint I can see the writers sort of hinting at Amaya and Ray in the George Lucas episode, but I can't see any kind of connection with Nate that's stronger than we've seen her have with Ray or Mick, or even Jax.

Maybe it's a hallucination or a dream sequence on Mick's part?  All the interviews have really said at this point is that there's friendship but it's not romantic for Amaya.  And that there's a love scene coming up, but they didn't necessarily say it was real.

I suppose there doesn't really need to be a reason for two attractive people to have a fling, but it seems out of character for Amaya to do anything like that on a mission.  And the glimpse we saw didn't really look like the Waverider.

• Love 3

I'm hoping it's just Nate fantasizing or something. It would be fine if he fantasized about her-- perfectly natural. But I hope they don't really go there. Amaya doesn't need to be paired off with one of the guys to make her a valid member.

• Love 2

I agree Amaya seems too focused and purposeful to do that during a mission - I suppose she and Nate could bond during the mission and it happens when she gets back? Still....

At the same time, in the last three episodes there's been a plot point or at least a comment touching on the fact she wants revenge against the speedster for killing Rex Tyler, thus reminding the audience about his presence and role in her life. For me, that doesn't really jive with her jumping into bed with Nate all of a sudden without prior warning. She seems to me to be the type who'd have trouble moving on until she was able to put it to rest. If they'd built up some kind of attraction over the last few episodes and then she did that, at least it'd make logical sense as a distraction or something.

There's something off somewhere. Nate and Amaya have had less build-up then Ray and Kendra, which is saying something. At this point a mind-whammy is the only thing that makes sense to me. Maybe the Legion zap them with something to pull their focus during the mission?

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 1

I'm hoping the hot and heavy scene is either fantasy or perhaps part of the mission. Perhaps they have to pretend to be a couple or something.

I don't really see Amaya getting into a sexual relationship with anyone on the Waverider.

I've made it pretty clear that I don't think the Waverider needs any romantic relationships at the moment. I don't mind flirtations. But full out coupling, it just awkward. I also think Amaya & Rex deserve a shot, and the Nate part of it makes it a little weird. I just don't like love triangles with Legend, New Girl & Old Dead Lover. We did that in s1 & it sucked.

Dear LoT writers, do not repeat earlier season mistakes, that's the MO of the other Flarrowverse shows. Be Better than them, you already are. Thx :)

• Love 3

It really would make zero sense for Amaya to hook up with one of the guys on the Waverider-- particularly when she's still missing Rex. But also because she was raised in a time where pre-marital sex was greatly frowned upon. Sure, it happened. But I don't think it would be something that would come easily to her. I think sometimes the writers forget that she grew up in a time that had different morals and taboos.

Hmm... I wonder what Caity was talking about in regards to the outfits.

• Love 2

If "Doomworld" is essentially a look at The Universe According to The Legion if they used the Spear (or perhaps because they did use the Spear), then maybe all the women are in T&A "comics" costumes as a sly commentary on women's roles in that medium?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

If "Doomworld" is essentially a look at The Universe According to The Legion if they used the Spear (or perhaps because they did use the Spear), then maybe all the women are in T&A "comics" costumes as a sly commentary on women's roles in that medium?

I wondered about that when Caity posted the picture below on her Instastory. I'm not sure if what she's wearing is for Legends of Tomorrow, but the video clip she posted before that is of her in the same hair and smoky-eyed makeup walking outside the trailers on set.

Spoiler

ztdetu.jpg

Doomworld sounds like a new Amusement Park. And I can definitely imagine the costumes are going to be a little cliche/risque for the females regardless of what it is, especially if it's connected to the bad guys. But my serious guess is that it is a world that is/was created by the success of the LoD.

Pirates would be cool, but I think CL might just be using a pic filter.

14 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I hope they go that direction, she's got the name. She's a Lance and is a Legend Of Tomorrow.  Lol

Damn clever to catch that, @Sakura12! :)

It also reminds me that, in the original Camelot 3000, one of the twists was that Sir Tristan was reincarnated as a woman, becoming the first transsexual character in mainstream comics.  (The overall plot of the book is that, in the year 3000, Arthur, Guinevere, Merlin and the Knights of the Round Table were reincarnated to save the world from an alien invasion.)

• Love 1
On 10/02/2017 at 6:37 AM, Sakura12 said:

I hope they go that direction, she's got the name. She's a Lance and is a Legend Of Tomorrow.  Lol

They've already made the play on her name with the "Holy Lance", so why not this too? =)

From Caity's instagram:

a.thumb.jpg.121c19bc9201616324802d94ed46f949.jpg

And from Caity's facebook live/instastory, Nate has long-ish hair, Ray is wearing a Star Labs cap, and it seemed like they were filming at the Star labs warehouse/hangar we saw in the crossover. Seems like no one is who they are in Doomworld?

Maybe except for Mick/Snart, there are pictures of the two actors filming a standoff scene (presumably after a heist) with cops, in Central City (aka downtown Vancouver).

• Love 3
10 hours ago, kismet said:

Looks like they could be trying out for the Who Wants to be the new Black Canary... I heard Arrow is looking for a replacement. Or maybe Doomworld just needs two of them.

I guess Amaya's trying out the buckles verision. 

Sara's had the ponytail for a few episodes now. In fact, she was in one just in the last episode.

Sara and Amaya could be femme fatales, or assassins working for the Legion, which is now a huge corporation with Merlyn working the receptionist desk, lol.

fa7nd2.png

• Love 3