Type keyword(s) to search

S20: Patti LaBelle: She's Got A New Attitude

• Start Topic

I am interested in Patti LaBelle on DWTS because she and I share the same birth day (Month, day and year) and as we both approach 71 years old, I know that I could NOT endure the physical challenge for one day, much less several weeks.  Go Patti!!!!!

• Love 5

As much as I like Artem, Patti's presence this season sort of makes me wish Maks was back on the show because I imagine he and Patti would have been hilarious and entertaining as hell in the rehearsal clips. He would have met his match. 

Miss Patti does not hold her tongue and is the queen of shade - diva all day. She's probably an acquired taste but personally I have nothing but respect and love for her as she's a true living legend. 

She probably won't go too far in the competition but I wish her all the best.

• Love 2

If Patti LaBelle is an acquired taste, I'm happy to say I acquired it some time ago. She's the true "Star" in this year's crop. Sadly, I think her age will count against her with the voting public and she may not shine in some of the fast-paced dances. Then again, she's Lady Marmalade, so I wouldn't count her out on that score.

• Love 2

She was so adorable in today's rehearsal! In the middle of answering Tweets, apparently Maks walked in (or by) the door, and she freaked out. They called him over and she told him, "You're the one I was scared of!" I think they had asked her who she'd want to be partnered with, if not Artem, and she named Val, and possibly said "not Maks" because she was scared of him. Anyway, she walked off to introduce him to someone (her assistant?), and left Artem there trying to answer Tweets. Well, you couldn't hear a word he said because her mike was on and finally the producer told her that she had to go back to Artem because they were broadcasting live. I just adore her! I'd probably need more breaks than her, and I'm half her age.

• Love 2

Not criticizing her for the breaks at all. Artem is such a gentleman, too. He's letting her decide how much dancing and resting she wants to do. She's always the one that says "again". Nice to see that Artem is one of the pros with a little confidence in their own choreography skills. She showed him one of her moves, and he put it right into the dance.

The Maks fangirling was very cute.

• Love 1

Patti won me over 1000% last night.  Seriously, 50 Cent?  You go, Miss Patti!! 

To me she was the only one that had a song that said "jam" to me.  I loved how much she was into the song! 

• Love 3

She and Artem did a lovely dance last night, but "When You Wish upon a Star" is NOT a Waltz.  It's written in 4/4 time, and a Waltz, without exception, REQUIRES a 3/4 or 6/8 time signature because it is danced to a three-count.  Always.  Four beats per measure throws the rhythm and the beat off.  So knock it off, illiterate music monkeys!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

Miss Patti is fun to watch, except for the weird hand/arm thing she does as her "signature move." She's done it in all her dances except the waltz, and it looks so awkward. Last night, she did a fluttering thing with her hands instead that was equally awkward. So that would be my constructive criticism: work on her hands.

I loved her more than ever when she noted that while she had injured her knee, Noah was dancing while missing a leg, so she wasn't about to complain.

I disagree that her dances are content-free - though clearly they aren't complex in any way and she really can't win this thing - and love the grace and determination she brings to it all, while continuing to have a contagious amount of fun.

And she is still Lady Marmalade to me.

• Love 2

Oh, Miss Patti - you were a ray of beautiful light on this show with your attitude, your work ethic, your sense of humor and your steadily improving dancing (which used to be the primary attraction of the show - watching non-dancers get better and better and take pride in it). It was clear everyone there adored you and even though you don't need a 'fan base' - you're a legend - you certainly showed a young generation how it's done!

And you should never have gone home before Chris Soules.

• Love 4

All hail Lady Marmalade! That was insanely awesome, and I just knew she was saving that soaring note at the end of the chorus for the very end!  Then, watching her near to tears while the crowd kept chanting her name... yes, I was a bit teary myself.

• Love 2

Ms. Patti and Amber sang the hell out of that song and Lil Kim was great.  I wished it was a little smoother with them singing together as a united presentation...if that makes sense.  I wanted it a little bit more cohesive but I still really enjoyed it.

• Love 2