Type keyword(s) to search

The Closer - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Kira did an awesome job with her reaction. But it's so hard to watch. I have to skip it.

The death scene in 7.19 "Last Rites" is very difficult to watch, but it's also the most realistic and yet emotional TV death scene I can recall seeing.

• Like 2

I love this conversation:

Buzz: 'I'm sorry to interrupt, but I applied for a federal grant and I think I got it. But I need help in translating this letter.'

Tao: 'What language is it in?'

Buzz: 'Government.'

Provenza: 'Give it here, Buzz. I speak government.'

(S5, E5)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 7:02 AM, shapeshifter said:

The death scene in 7.19 "Last Rites" is very difficult to watch, but it's also the most realistic and yet emotional TV death scene I can recall seeing.

Another one that is also realistic, yet emotional is the one on NCIS, when Jimmy Palmer finds that Ducky has passed away in his sleep.  The scenes are different but both very well done and true to the characters.  

Edited by Liddy52
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I finally got a few things cleared off of my DVR, and have room to record some episodes.  Lifetime started over with episode 1 this morning, so I am all set to record all of them and look forward to watching them every evening when I get home from work.

Today's favorite quote (from 'About face', S.1, Ep.2):

Dr. Crippen: 'In fact, if you let me shave her head, I could pop open her skull and look inside.'

Brenda: 'Well, she *was* planning on a haircut today.'

Edited by BooksRule
  • Like 2
(edited)

(After the butler -- who is hanging from the flagpole on the patio -- comes crashing down through the glass doors to land at their feet)--

Provenza (calmly): 'I'm glad he's dead. 'Cause that would have really hurt.'

(Gabriel snickers)

(S.1, Ep.10 - The Butler Did It)

Edited by BooksRule
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, BooksRule said:

'SKYBOX TICKETS!'

(guess which episode I'm watching. :) )

I love that one. Her reaction was so perfect. And the rest of the squad listening at the door laughing when they heard that. 

• Like 3

(After Brenda falls headfirst into a dumpster):

Brenda (unseen while tossing empty boxes out): 'Oh, for heaven's sake. It is a head. (another box comes flying out) Oh, my Lord.'

Gabriel: 'Chief?'

Brenda's voice: 'I found some feet.'

(S.2, Ep.7, 'Head over heels') 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Fritz: 'We can't meet the upstairs neighbor because the landlord said no pets. We have to keep the curtains closed 24 hours a day because the landlord said no pets. It's like living with Anne Frank.'  (S.4, Ep.1 'Controlled burn')

This quote was funny, but on a more serious note-- I know that Philip Stroh was supposed to be the 'big bad' on this show (and on 'Major Crimes'), but I found murderer/arsonist Bill Croelick to be creepier.  I was glad that he was only on two episodes.  And when I saw this episode way back for the first time, when Brenda walked in on him in her house (while carrying Kitty's carrier) I remember saying to myself 'Don't let him notice Kitty. Don't let him notice Kitty.'  I feared for her life (Brenda could take care of herself).

• Like 3
On 4/29/2023 at 7:58 PM, Clawdette said:

One of my favorite episodes was on tonight, Blindsided. Chad and Roy steal the show as Brenda's bodyguards after she was involved in a shooting. Roy lounging with Brenda's dad on the fold-out bed with Brenda's dad at chez Johnson/Howard is priceless.

The episode recently rotated back up on Start TV and watching the daily back to back it happened right after Manhunt where Chief Johnson survived a rape and killed the rapist.  And for most of  the run I had come to expect the relatively comedic episode  as it was her first day back to duty and the next episode.

And we were getting that comedy feel when the sniper suddenly fired a full magazine at them and Sergeant Gabriel's call for help.

• Like 1