Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Mijo

• Start Topic

I really don't like the idea of some non-BB watchers coming onto the BCS threads to complain about spoilers when they have their own separate, pristine, unspoiled  thread now.  Please go there.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4

The other thing I'm worried about- but the cast and crew have earned a lot of latitude from viewers- is the identity of the show. Given its roots, if it becomes effectively the same BB plotarc redone with a wisecrackin' attorney instead of a monstrous narcissist... is that going to be enough? What's the difference between the two characters and their journey, what kind of show will this be, and why ultimately is the Saul story compelling? I feel like there's still a struggle between Saul as comic relief and Saul as dramatic centerpiece. I hope and have faith they'll find their genre, that the whole first season wont be one long path towards his becoming Saul Goodman, and will give this show a lot of chances to figute it out.

The main characters of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are different, and their situations are different, so the plot arc should be different, possibly radically different. Seems to me that the Better Call Saul main character - as a public defender through and through, the people's defender, rather than the people's dope dealer - should have a plot that arcs up, rather than down like Walter White. Most reviewers and commenters are either missing or mistaking this basic context. I've written about it briefly at Better Call Saul blog but at too much length to expand on here.

Watched the first two episodes. Man, did Twidledee and Twidledum really through Jimmy for a loop. As much of a loose cannon Tuco was, honestly, I think just about anyone would have had the impulse to knock them over considering how they handled their scam attempt.