Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Forest for the Trees

• Start Topic

The killed by proxy all those IS members? 

I love the show but sometimes they play into their stereotypes too well.  The Sam and Callen wordless soulmate communication, the Deeks/Kensie endless banter.

I found myself annoyed how easily they won this time. Boo.

• Love 2

I found myself annoyed how easily they won this time. Boo.

It was laughable how easily they got out of the locked room - not only a convenient trap door but a tool belt with tools! It was so very easy I thought it must be setting them up for something worse.  But nothing much else happened except that neither one thought to bring a screwdriver.

You really get the sense that Sam is thisclose to putting a hurt on Deeks for the nonstop chatter and silliness.

And, much as I love Deeks, I wouldn't blame Sam at all.  Although I did love Deeks' "Take a look at this, Kensalina."

It was a good enough episode but there wasn't much suspense to it.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 1

It was laughable how easily they got out of the locked room - not only a convenient trap door but a tool belt with tools! It was so very easy I thought it must be setting them up for something worse.

I figured that was by design so they could hook up with the fake NSA guy.  After he conveniently told them about the trip wire, they would trust him and spill top secret stuff in front of him.

• Love 3

It was laughable how easily they got out of the locked room - not only a convenient trap door but a tool belt with tools! It was so very easy I thought it must be setting them up for something worse.  But nothing much else happened except that neither one thought to bring a screwdriver.

I figured that was by design so they could hook up with the fake NSA guy.  After he conveniently told them about the trip wire, they would trust him and spill top secret stuff in front of him.

Agreed. I kept waiting for it to be a set up.

I thought for sure that the NSA guy was a plant - I've watched TV - but was concerned that Sallen (scallen? calsam? calna?) hadn't twigged to it when Sam looked surprised by finding the real agent. Phew! I liked Callen at the fence "i'm not moving!"

I like the low key Deeks and Kensi moments - referencing the romance so we know it's still going strong, but not taking over everything.

I admit a morbid curiosity as to whether nell and eric are an official thing or not. I mean, you don't take someone home to meet your parents just because you are work buddies.

Swiss nachos? <blecch>

• Love 1

That sounds right.  I think they needed the location of Granger's meeting with Abaq (or whatever his name was). 

Is "another fine mess" their code phrase for "this guy isn't who he says he is"?  And who doesn't love Laurel and Hardy?

• Love 3

Agreed. I kept waiting for it to be a set up.

I thought for sure that the NSA guy was a plant - I've watched TV - but was concerned that Sallen (scallen? calsam? calna?) hadn't twigged to it when Sam looked surprised by finding the real agent. Phew! I liked Callen at the fence "i'm not moving!"

I like the low key Deeks and Kensi moments - referencing the romance so we know it's still going strong, but not taking over everything.

I admit a morbid curiosity as to whether nell and eric are an official thing or not. I mean, you don't take someone home to meet your parents just because you are work buddies.

Swiss nachos? <blecch>

Pretty sure it was Swedish nachos, but either way, blecch is right.

• Love 2

What I liked about their banter was that it wasn't completely superficial. Kensi might be giving Deeks crap for passing off take-out off as home cooking but I could hear the underlying message of 'don't lie to me'. The same when Deeks got on her (lightly and humorously) about not immediately raining on his parade. I like that the more serious stuff is sort of encoded into their every day communication habits.

Or it's entirely possible that I'm overthinking this.

• Love 2

Sam and Callen get kidnapped going to meet an NSA Agent. Trapped in the locked room and finding the trap door made me think they would pop out of the vent and there was a group waiting for them.Or it was so that the fake NSA Martin Samir/Jamal Nezi could get secrets from them. That is why he showed the trip wire and the electrified fence. But he did text the location of Granger's meeting with Joseph Abaq to his ISIS teammates. It was nice that Sam and Callen figured out that he was a fake by the question Sam asked about his direction when he left the office. I wondered why he asked that, but found out later why. They had the road blacked off. Callen found the cell phones and guns pretty easily. But earlier I questioned to why Sam and Callen didn't shut the door after their escape to make it look like they were there still,or make the baddies wonder how they escaped? Also Sam moved that machine pretty easily. Him and Callen talked about him working out. Sam seemed surprised he found the real Samir cuffed to a pipe.

G didn't care for Sam's "Laurel and Hardy" as a safe word. lol

Deeks and kensi were funny. Deeks calling her "Kensilyna" was funny

Edited by webruce

Trapped in the locked room and finding the trap door made me think they would pop out of the vent and there was a group waiting for them.

That's exactly what I thought was going to happen - they'd get out and then be surrounded by people with machine guns aimed at them.  I thought it was foolish of them that they didn't even question how easy it was to get out of there.

• Love 1

So I think this is the first time the team never shot anyone. They did give fakey fake NSA guy an electric jolt, but that didn't kill him. SWAT people took out 6, but not the team.

The world has gone askew

Do you suppose they have a deal with the compliance people where they only have to write a report once they've shot a baseball cap or two full of rounds? Because they'd be writing reports for weeks after every operation in the real world.

• Love 1