Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E15: Hero to Zero

That scene with Morgan in the alley and the "superheroes" dashing all around her yet she couldn't see them was just stupid -- it was a brightly lit alley, and she had a flashlight (which she didn't really need since it was so bright).   How could she not see them especially when they were that close to her ?  Apparently they were also magic superheroes that made no foot noises dashing around the wet alley, and magic Greg since he was not even in the alley before he was right upon the supes with his gun drawn in seconds.

It was the stepfather that tried to teach his stepson a lesson that led to him killing his stepson all because the stepson was going to tell on the stepfather to his mother.  Really ?  That was what tipped him over into being a killer -- and since he had already done it once, killing twice was no biggie.

And yet another instance of Finn using a flashlight in broad daylight behind the Ethiopian restaurant.

• Love 2

I have been watching the first season (one of the station has been having marathons on Friday and they started with pilot - I have all of the first season and half of the second on my DVR) - I am up to episode 5 or 6.  I noticed how much simpler the cases were in the beginning, everything moved a bit slower.  Some of the things they point out are things that are obvious to CSI viewers now.  

I think, in an effort to keep viewers entertained, they make things more convoluted - sometimes too convoluted.  They don't want people to figure out "who done it" before they reveal the killer.  This creates situations like this episode, where there are so many logical scenarios that are wrong and by the time they get to the actual murderer it makes barely any sense.  Plus, they leave out any hints that could help a viewer figure it out.  Did we have any idea that the stepdad had anger issues?  Heck, I couldn't remember who the guy was when they questioned him - he was such a non-entity in his other scene.  

I think what I noticed most in this episode was that the homeless man had such lovely teeth.  Only in America!

And lovely grammar - I noticed that he said "badly" as in "I felt badly" (I don't remember the exact sentence).  Even well-educated people make the mistake of saying "I felt bad."  

• Love 2

I think, in an effort to keep viewers entertained, they make things more convoluted - sometimes too convoluted.  They don't want people to figure out "who done it" before they reveal the killer.  This creates situations like this episode, where there are so many logical scenarios that are wrong and by the time they get to the actual murderer it makes barely any sense.  Plus, they leave out any hints that could help a viewer figure it out.  Did we have any idea that the stepdad had anger issues?  Heck, I couldn't remember who the guy was when they questioned him - he was such a non-entity in his other scene.  

I agree 100% with your thoughts on current episodes being too convoluted. Murder is a heinous crime in its own right. It generally doesn't need super heroes, crime buff conventions or bombs under the seats of the characters to become even more interesting. To be successful they really need to slow things down, write a decent plot and really make the characters work for a solution. This nonsense they've been serving up is a waste of Ted Danson, George Eads and Jorja Fox.

• Love 2

A fun (if rather silly) episode. It seemed (to me) utterly inconceivable that not only had our heroes not heard of the new thugs but (even more implausibly) hadn't heard of the superheroes either (which you'd think would spread like wildfire among the law enforcement community). Of course we had to have the "leave crime fighting to the cops because the cops are always right!" line, when super hero chick made the reasonable point that the cops don't care about crime if it doesn't affect the tourist trade.

OttoDBusDriver It was the stepfather that tried to teach his stepson a lesson that led to him killing his stepson all because the stepson was going to tell on the stepfather to his mother.  Really?

Stupid reasons for murder are pretty much par for the course after 15 Seasons (even Brass commented on it when he implied some husband had killed his wife - "You think I killed my wife for [reasons]? That's got to be the craziest thing I ever heard!" Brass: "Really? It wouldn't even make my top ten!"). Though I really didn't get why the stepfather had done it, though I guess, as ever,  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MurderIsTheBestSolution. Though I would like to know how the gang boss's body had gone unnoticed for so long - you'd think a body would get ripe pretty quickly and somebody would notice, particularly since his corpse was effectively being "cooked" by the truck engine.