Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Kindred

I have never seen Gina Torres in anything so I'm not attached to her, and the way she blew into town and took over all of Victoria's former "friends" was kind of ridiculous.  They'd better make up a really good reason for bringing her in (and not just to be an opponent for Vickie now that she and and Emily are no longer actively fighting).

(edited)

Does Gina Torres character have name? If so I didn't catch it or who she was supposed to be.. Is she friends with Vicki's friends? Obviously she was having lunch with them. Again Frenchy, go away!

Her name is Natalie. Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Not necessarily. Off the top of my head, there's Troian Bellisario from Pretty Little Liars who doesn't look at all biracial but she is.

I think maybe Jessica Szohr as Vanessa on Gossip Girl (whose mom was played by Gina Torres) is a really good example... Troian doesn't appear to have a black parent (as Gina Torres is black). Although - I did guess before we saw Vanessa's mom that one of her parents was black. Her hair texture kinda gave it away.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

Wouldn't Kate have looked at least a little bit biracial then?

Not necessarily. Off the top of my head, there's Troian Bellisario from Pretty Little Liars who doesn't look at all biracial but she is.

Also, Jennifer Beals, Wentworth Miller, & Rashida Jones, sometimes you take after one parent more than the other.

• Love 2

It really bothers me that David seems to think Victoria letting Daniel's name be tarnished, when he's already dead and pretty much deserved it anyway, is the same as what she did to Amanda. Amanda was a child and Victoria had her committed and ruined her life. She didn't even need to do it to protect Daniel as David was already in jail.

• Love 2

It really bothers me that David seems to think Victoria letting Daniel's name be tarnished, when he's already dead and pretty much deserved it anyway, is the same as what she did to Amanda. Amanda was a child and Victoria had her committed and ruined her life. She didn't even need to do it to protect Daniel as David was already in jail.

I thought the same thing. The two are not even remotely close. Setting up David as a patsy was one thing, but why did she need to further ruin Emanda's life by institutionalizing her and having her brainwashed?

But I guess the point was that they both put their children a priority over anyone or anything else.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2

I think maybe Jessica Szohr as Vanessa on Gossip Girl (whose mom was played by Gina Torres) is a really good example... Troian doesn't appear to have a black parent (as Gina Torres is black). Although - I did guess before we saw Vanessa's mom that one of her parents was black. Her hair texture kinda gave it away.

No, I meant in real life. Troian's mom is African-american.

No, I meant in real life. Troian's mom is African-american.

Okay - although her mother in real life is biracial... that likely has an effect on her daughter's appearance... but I still see your point. Look at Nicole Richie and her sister...

Not a bad episode but aside from the whole 'death in the family' thing and a rival with Natalie (who I actually like), where else will they go with Victoria in the remaining eight episodes?

Everyone is assuming Charlotte or Patrick for the death, but couldn't it be Victoria's mother as well?

Liked Victoria using her powers of persuasion to get her former flock to part with their pennies. Some good scenes with her and Margaux and David as well.

I like that Margaux is now having some second thoughts about taking down Emily, even if it were Jack who got her to see sense of sorts.

Nice that the Louise storyline got resolved as well. I really like her and Nolan, not as a couple but definitely as friends. The Louise/Emily scenes were great as well.

Saw the Emily/Ben thing coming and timed just as Jack was about to show up as well.

Yeah, this was a good one, 7/10

Yay! Jack isn't a cop anymore.  I hope he grows some scruff back, I don't like clean shaven Jack. I like how Amanda blew off the fact that he's having flashbacks by telling him that he'll get over it.  Not like she couldn't get him a therapist or anything.  Maybe she could be his therapist?  I mean she cured Louise's problem with some trick she learned at Revenge Camp.

• Love 2

Rather lame episode in my opinion to be honest. And I really hope we didn't have to go through the whole season until now to find out that the side character we in fact know nothing about, that is Ben, is just there to hook up with Emily so that Jack gets involved again. At this moment Ben ist just a pointless filler to create tension between Jack and Emily, but why having such a pointless character in the first place, and for a whole season?

I really hope they give Ben a meaningful plotline then, something like being undercover to expose Emily's crimes, or hooking up with her to get the information on Conrad's murder he needs to get promoted, or being the bad guy all along. I mean at least that would make some sense, because now he acting like he doesn't care about anything as long as he can get laid with Emily. He finds out about her secret and is ok with it for no reason, he investigates Conrad's murder and now knows that David has no alibi, but it doesn't seem to bother him, for me thats extremely suspicious!

As an aside, EVC has a beautiful smile.

Emily's smile always reminds me how little we ever see one from her. I like that she's seemingly happy now and would rather remain as Emily Thorne than go back to being Amanda Clarke.