Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Kindred

Victoria contends with a new socialite? WTF? Victoria is hardly moving in social circles. She's been reduced to stealing hidden jewelry from knick knacks and doesn't have a place to live (unless Dumb David doesn't kick her out because she tried to help Emily).

• Love 2

Margaux's epic revenge so far? "Ha ha, you look like you're having sex with your dad." Maybe she can order a bunch of pizzas for Grayson Manor next.

Jack is a straight up loser again. Plus, he gets to explain next week that he only married "Amanda" because he thought she was Amanda Clark and not for her horrible personality. It's a good match however, since Daniel broke her baby maker and Carl is the closest thing to Amanda Clark's own child.

Frenchy is a total idiot. In the weeks before their miraculous reunion, Daniel slept with Louise and they were split up. In the months before, Daniel SHOT Emily and nearly killed her, let alone leaving her barren. He owed her a life save since he nearly took hers. Daniel gets blamed for one shitty thing he didn't do but never got revealed for the many shitty things he did do.

• Love 15

So the existence of Louis was to allow Emily to say she was surrounded by friends...plural (as in 3)?  LOL  She and Nolan are perfect together though.  Nolan always did need to rescue someone and it also takes out any possible shipping of he and Emily. 

Tonite was the first time I really thought Margot's just pissed that Daniel still had Emily feelings.  Nice - that he did after all that heinousness.

Jack's still oddly dumb as a rock to this day though.  Ewwww.

Hmmm....new socialite?  TOTALLY something to do with Conrad I'd guess.

And - good point; where is Victoria living?

She does rally beautifully though; tonite's also the first time I've enjoyed Victoria in about a year.  The things she says are so perfectly worded. It's like a master swordsman in her natural element.  The regency period reference was not far off.

I liked it. First one in a long time.

• Love 2

This Ben and Emily thing is extremely bizarre to me. Everytime they're together I find Emily to be so OOC. She knows nothing about this guy and yet she's jumping into a relationship with him? Considering how closed off Emily is and how hard it is for her to trust people this feels so incredibly unearned especially when Ben is so bland that I honestly don't know what she's seeing in him.

Jack go home. They've done such a number on this character that I don't even know why he does anything half of the time.

I can't take most of the new characters but Gina Torres is fabulous and was a breath of fresh air. I can actually imagine her being able to go toe to toe with Victoria.

Also, Margaux, shut up.

Edited by Village
  • Love 4

This show has just gotten so strangely resolutionary. One by one, all the plots are being wrapped up in a neat little bow. The writers are either gearing up to end the series or the other shoe is going to drop and all hell will break loose.

I still don't get why this whole Malcolm Black story breaking loose didn't reveal the info that his daughter had infiltrated the FBI, tried to kill Emily, Daniel jumped in the way and Jack shot her. I don't understand why they're sitting on this. It would totally solve the Margaux problem.

Ben and Emily? I don't know, I think maybe he's the Aidan surrogate. The lover who knew her true identity.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 1

There's never been any sign of it before, and I'm pretty sure it's just a side effect of Gina Torres being cast, but did anyone else think Victoria came off as oddly racist in their first scene together? The way she just instantly goes after the woman for no good reason seemed like a very forced piece of writing to give her a new enemy.

• Love 2

I was thrilled to see the return of my favorite character - THE CHAIR! But someone tell me, where was it and whose is it? If I knew at one time, I've forgotten.

I don't know if Gina Torres will be on for many episodes but if so, that's a lot of work with both Revenge and Suits.

So funny to see Kim Richards on the show!

• Love 2

The death in the family better not be Patrick- it would be such a stale and unnecessary rehash of Daniel's death and yet another male character who dies. Charlotte dying would be a brilliant direction for the show (Emily, David and Victoria all mourning her together) but I doubt the show has the balls to go there. It'll probably be either Victoria's mother or Conrad's father (less likely, given the divorce) and lead to her inheriting money somehow.

Thank heavens that Jack is no longer a cop, I can only pray that this sticks. Police work was an awful fit for him and it's great that the show acknowledged it. His character shines as a stoic bartender so all I need is for Nolan to offer him a job at his beach club. And now him and Ben won't feel like the exact same character.

People trash Margaux but she's driving the plot in a really interesting, compelling way. Her position at Voulez gives her more power than virtually any other character but Emily and the moves she's making (playing up Emily and David's "affair") are all logical ones which Emily should have been wary of already. I'm genuinely intrigued to see how her endgame unfolds.

Edited by GuyAwks
There's never been any sign of it before, and I'm pretty sure it's just a side effect of Gina Torres being cast, but did anyone else think Victoria came off as oddly racist in their first scene together? The way she just instantly goes after the woman for no good reason seemed like a very forced piece of writing to give her a new enemy.

Well, it looked like Gina Torres not only crashed a meeting to which she wasn't invited but also claimed that Victoria was in her chair, so I believe Victoria's overt hostility was because of that and not due to race.

The death in the family better not be Patrick- it would be such a stale and unnecessary rehash of Daniel's death and yet another male character who dies. Charlotte dying would be a brilliant direction for the show (Emily, David and Victoria all mourning her together) but I doubt the show has the balls to go there. It'll probably be either her mother or Conrad's father (less likely, given the divorce) and lead to her inheriting money somehow.

That phone call was weird. Who says "there's been a death in the family" as if leaving the other person to guess? It usually goes like "I'm calling with bad news. So-and-so passed away." I do think it was probably Conrad's father, and IIRC he was still fond of her after she divorced Conrad, so this looks like a setup for her to get enough money to stay on in the Hamptons and hash it out with Gina Torres.

Not buying Emily with Ben, at all. She has to be using him for something, but what is there left for her to scheme about? Is she going to use him against Margaux somehow? Speaking of which, someone please remind me, what dirt does Emily have on Pascal that she could sink Le Marchal Media?

Nolan is not nearly as fun with Louise as he is with Emily. Do they have to stay married for her to keep control of her money? I hope there's a juicier story to come, because the "did she or didn't she kill her daddy" thing was a total let down.

• Love 3

I don't see that at all.  This odd woman shows up and claims the chair Victoria is sitting in?  Of course Victoria, being who Victoria is, is going to go there.

So how is Jack going to support himself now?  Bartend at Nolan's club?

Maybe the "death in the family line" is a barb about Aiden.  The voice was English.

The timeline is bizarre.  Nolan and Louise are having a surprise wedding party.  Jack and Ben are just now getting medals, but David is already mended in the leg?

• Love 1

Yes. In fact I thought it was pretty overt. She said something about ordering [insert fancy brand name], and then said: "That's caviar, dear."

• Love 1

This show has just gotten so strangely resolutionary. One by one, all the plots are being wrapped up in a neat little bow. The writers are either gearing up to end the series or the other shoe is going to drop and all hell will break loose.

I still don't get why this whole Malcolm Black story breaking loose didn't reveal the info that his daughter had infiltrated the FBI, tried to kill Emily, Daniel jumped in the way and Jack shot her. I don't understand why they're sitting on this. It would totally solve the Margaux problem.

Ben and Emily? I don't know, I think maybe he's the Aidan surrogate. The lover who knew her true identity.

I don't quite get why they've not revealed the truth, but then, they'd have to explain why they covered up the death of Black's daughter. Seems that even though it can be explained, there would still be repercussions for the cover up.

I also got the feeling they are in resolution mode and wonder if they're ending soon.

Sort of ironic that Kim Richards was the one Victoria seemed to be painting with the "white powder" brush.

Eh, Margaux, go home.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Margaux's epic revenge so far? "Ha ha, you look like you're having sex with your dad." Maybe she can order a bunch of pizzas for Grayson Manor next.

I can not stop laughing at this, or maybe she can call Emily up "Is your refrigerator running? Well, you better go catch it!" and then hang up 

So, after being a cop for what, 6 weeks? Jack decides it's not for him. Of course. 

Now that Louise is a non murderer, not crazy, happily married rich newlywed & a friend to Emily, are they ever going to explain the whole Victoria obsession? That plot seems to have fallen by the wayside hasn't it? And by the way, how long was that party? Louise left, checked herself into the mental institution, Nolan tracked her down, Emily drove there, got her out, & finally brought her back to the house to change into her pretty white wedding gown just in time to thwart her mother. The party must have been going on for at least 3 days.

Margaux, please die. 

Edited by GaT
  • Love 16

Was it ever explained why no one in the FBI has gone looking for Kate? I would think that if an FBI agent suddenly went MIA (without a seemingly convincing/legitimate reason in the feds' opinion), that the feds would be suspicious and launch an extremely thorough investigation and be on an all out manhunt to locate her. I'm confused.

• Love 1

Ha, no kidding! What happens in the next episode? Ding dong ditch?

I guess we will see if Margaux wants her revenge enough to take Jack down too.

As soon as we saw Louise's flashback and that there was someone else there, I just knew it would be her mother who actually killed her father. Nolan is very sweet to Louise, but I wish he would get a love interest who is just as into him and not crazy. Hee, I loved when he said he was off the market as he was ogling the catering guy.

I don't get Emily with Ben. Is it because he is the only one who knows her true identity who she hasn't made out with yet?

I really hope that the death in the family is Charlotte.

I enjoyed the hell out of Louise (with the help of Nolan and Emily) realizing she didn't kill her dad.  Even though I still wasn't sure until the end.  I'm kind of shipping Louise and Nolan, even if it's just BFFs.

I really don't get Gina Torres's character, but whatever.  More angst for Victoria.

However, the minute that Emily knocked on Bad.Actor's door and then started making out with him?  Yeah, I noped myself right the fuck out.  I was good with the entire ep, and then...NOPE.

• Love 3

I loved Nolan's reception tux. Glad Louise told Nolan about the blackmail, it wrapped that whole thing up quickly. Instead of her giving in and drawing it out predictably. She was great cutting off her mother and brother too.

Don't get why Emily is with new cop guy.

Jack's going to be a bartender again? May be he should re-open his bar.

• Love 1

Was it ever explained why no one in the FBI has gone looking for Kate? I would think that if an FBI agent suddenly went MIA (without a seemingly convincing/legitimate reason in the feds' opinion), that the feds would be suspicious and launch an extremely thorough investigation and be on an all out manhunt to locate her. I'm confused.

It's the same reason no one has dug into Emanda's past or real identity, even though she is multi-billionaire socialite, who came from nowhere, has gotten nationwide publicity,  and sits at the hub of a series of bizarre, highly public events.  

When I watch this show, I have to put my disbelief gauge on permanent high.  That's ok.  Sometimes it's still fun to play along. 

• Love 1

I don't pay a HUGE amount of attention on this show, but I had presumed she wasn't actually a real FBI agent and she had just faked some credentials to be involved with the investigation. She may have had an FBI partner, though. I don't even remember. 

• Love 2

I don't pay a HUGE amount of attention on this show, but I had presumed she wasn't actually a real FBI agent and she had just faked some credentials to be involved with the investigation. She may have had an FBI partner, though. I don't even remember.

Malcolm also had FBI credentials and what gave him away was the SUV he was in so I would imagine his daughter was not a real agent.

I don't know why they didn't tell the truth to clear Daniel unless they are trying to prolong Margaux's revenge to an epic fail and another story line. After all there are security tapes and Emily can bring her empire down revealing her father's secrets.

Ben and Emily? I think there is more than meets the eye because Emily will wind up with Jack eventually. As an aside, EVC has a beautiful smile.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1

I thought (or rather, assumed) that Gina Torres' character may have been sitting in the seat Victoria sat down in prior to maybe excusing herself from the group to go to the rest room or something.  If not, her intro was extremely weird.

• Love 1

I've never been a fan of Victoria but she certainly brought her A-Game.  As for her put down of the new gal (who told Victoria she was drinking her champagne) I didn't see it as any more than Victoria letting her know she is out of Victoria's league.  Maybe I'm clueless about caviar, but what was racist about it?  I just wonder where Victoria is living right now and where she's getting her money. I'm just not interested in where this new socialite plot is going.

Louise is charming and all, but I find her story line irrelevant.  Of course she didn't kill daddy.  I hope that's all over and we don't have to see Lyman or mommy ever again.  She and Nolan make a cute couple, though, even if it is just BFF's.

Oh, no, Jack saw Emily and Ben!

I wonder, too, if Margaux is willing to take down Jack along with Emily.  And I'm quite sure Emily does have or could easily get a lot of dirt on Pascal. He wasn't exactly squeaky clean.

It seems like next week we'll know in which direction the New Revenge is going.  Hope it's worth the ride.

This is already the 'aftershow' since Emily already got her revenge, but yes, things are wrapping up and the drama is quickly running out.  Emily must have really wanted a one night stand with Ben, because I don't see any real connection there.  But it's sad if neither Emily nor Margeww give a damn about Jack, who is going to be collateral damage yet again by the looks of this.  In fact it's not just sad, they're totally scum.  Nolan and Jack have paid perhaps the biggest price of anyone, almost equal with Viki for Emily's revenge.

Now that Louise is a non murderer, not crazy, happily married rich newlywed & a friend to Emily, are they ever going to explain the whole Victoria obsession?

I think they implicitly are putting that down to the drugs – though…hmmm, was the psych ward giving her the drugs laced with whatever Mommy dearest laced them with?  Louise – there’s another way to make a buck, sue them!

I think the problem with explaining the FBI agent working for Black is that they have to explain Emily is really Amanda to explain why she was targeted.  And she hasn’t decided to out herself as the real Amanda Clark.

I was thrilled to see the return of my favorite character - THE CHAIR! But someone tell me, where was it and whose is it? If I knew at one time, I've forgotten.

If you are talking about the tan chair with the French writing, it was Victoria’s.  It was in the family/living room of Grayson Manor.  I have a vague recollection there was some odd backstory of her taking it from someone else, but who knows. 

I’ve generally liked Jack as a character, but can’t feel sorry for him that Emily is smooching with someone else.  Why Ben?  Lord knows.

His character shines as a stoic bartender so all I need is for Nolan to offer him a job at his beach club

Perfect, he would manage the club!

I think the problem with explaining the FBI agent working for Black is that they have to explain Emily is really Amanda to explain why she was targeted.  And she hasn’t decided to out herself as the real Amanda Clark.

There're lots of bullshit stories they could have made up. Emily has well-established herself as Amanda's bestie from juvie, that's enough of a link to David that might put her in Kate's crosshairs. Or just say Kate was an idiot and went to the wrong house. SOMETHING could have been said to clear up the Daniel shit but they just… didn't.

I felt a thrill go through me when I saw The Chair.

Ben and Emily...zzzz. EVC looked especially lovely tonight but she has zero chemistry with Ben. And the promo [with Jack going, "It's always been you" to her] made me roll my eyes. Really, dude? It's "always" been Emily?

I love me some Gina Torres but a part of me is thinking "you can do better than this sinking ship".

Yes. In fact I thought it was pretty overt. She said something about ordering [insert fancy brand name], and then said: "That's caviar, dear."

That's not racism, it's classism (with a healthy dollop of bitchy condescension).

• Love 3

Whoever the "death in the family" is, they made it pretty clear it's somehow linked to Gina Torres' character.  Victoria says something like "maybe I'll find out your secrets sooner or later" and Gina Torres answers "I think it will be sooner."  Almost immediately Victoria's phone rings with the death in the family thing.

So is this gonna be [if anybody's a Dynasty fan] a Dominique Deveraux thing?  In other words, has one of Victoria's relatives died and Gina Torres is gonna turn out to be that person's offspring that Victoria knew nothing about?  It's a very soapy twist, but I'd love it if Victoria had a scheming sister, and I love Gina Torres.

The other theory could be that Gina Torres turns out to be Malcolm Black's lover, and the "death in the family" (Charlotte or Patrick) is her first revenge move.

Edited by bobbyjoe

Gina Torres is probably about the only woman who could go toe to toe with MS's Victoria... she looked more amused than affronted at Victoria's shenanigans.

And I think the "racism" part that another poster saw was in the way Victoria sent her off to fetch caviar... I think it could be classified as racist and classist... but since Victoria is such a classist heifer (lol), I think it was probably meant to just be classist and Queen Victoria putting someone she considered an upstart in her place. She would have done it to anyone regardless of race.

I guess Gina had been sitting there before Victoria sat down? No clue... wasn't paying attention until I saw Gina and perked up. I just love her. LOVE HER.

Edited by phoenics

That's not racism, it's classism (with a healthy dollop of bitchy condescension).

Classism is how I saw it too, Victoria pulled the same shit with Emily in season 1.

• Love 3

Well regardless of their reasons, everyone did give false statements to the police, generated false evidence, and got rid of Kate's body.  Those are still crimes.  It's likely that they wouldn't get prosecuted for it given the circumstances, but they could.  David also lied about where he was for 10 years and committed illegal activity during that time (forced or not).  I actually thought Jack was going to tell his boss everything and not just quit, but I guess he's protecting everyone else.

I hope there's a juicier story to come, because the "did she or didn't she kill her daddy" thing was a total let down.

I thought they were going to reveal the brother as the one that killed the father and that he was the crazy one.

so I would imagine his daughter was not a real agent.

Jack was still referring to her as an FBI agent, but that may not mean much.  He's never been the smartest.

I'm just hoping Nolan hooks up with his brother in law as a result of this marriage. I really can't bring myself to care about Lou lou and her wacky family.

Really doesn't make sense for Emily to continue to hide who she is at this point.

I am finally liking this show again.  I like that Victoria and Emily seem to have separate storylines.  That way we can have twice as much revenge.  David was almost tolerable this episode.  

I think Lyman will go after Louise again...so Nolan might get his own revenge story.  This could be great...

• Love 1

Why are the police giving out medals for taking down Alvarez's killer but there's no mention of why this person might have taken Emily and Vitoria hostage?  And why this guy is supposedly a gun runner who was killed in a shootout in Miami just days before?

The other theory could be that Gina Torres turns out to be Malcolm Black's lover, and the "death in the family" (Charlotte or Patrick) is her first revenge move.

Ugh, I don't know why I never wondered about this before, but I assume that like most humans, Malcolm Black's daughter (whose name I can't remember) also had a mother. I am not going to be happy if Gina Torres turns out to be mama Black avenging her family. I know that's the basic premise of this show, but only Emily is supposed to be doing it, not every other female character on the show.

• Love 1
Ugh, I don't know why I never wondered about this before, but I assume that like most humans, Malcolm Black's daughter (whose name I can't remember) also had a mother. I am not going to be happy if Gina Torres turns out to be mama Black avenging her family.

Wouldn't Kate have looked at least a little bit biracial then?

Wouldn't Kate have looked at least a little bit biracial then?

Not necessarily. Off the top of my head, there's Troian Bellisario from Pretty Little Liars who doesn't look at all biracial but she is.

Edited by kariyaki

so I would imagine his daughter was not a real agent

Kate was a real FBI agent or at least everything that has been presented points to her being an agent, albeit a corrupted one. When Nolan first hacked into the FBI database, he commented at how stellar her records were, Emily remarked to Kate that Malcolm having a daughter in the FBI was a great insurance policy, and Jack repeatedly refers to her as a bad agent.

Edited by calipiano81

Ben is the plot point to throw more angst at Jack and Emily. I have warmed up more to Ben lately, and did see a hint of chemistry this episode.

Oh Margeux, please don't throw Jack under the bus. I liked her scene with Jack- thank you writers for not forgetting about their relationship.

Please let Charlotte be dead...

• Love 1

Queen Victoria and her minions was the best part of this episode. With Nolan/Louise/Emily take down of mommy dearest a close second.

Everything else pretty much sucked. I really hate the Margeaux revenge plot. Does she even know the "innocent" Daniel she is defending? The one who injured his girlfriend, then dumped her and covered it up, the one that shot his wife, had an affair with the ex-girlfriend, sided with his evil dad over everyone else and then slept around on Margeaux too for good measure after knocking her up. The only good thing he ever did was take a bullet for Emily.

• Love 7

Well, this was kind of fun :) Reminded me of the first season. Victoria is back in business I see :) Jack is loosing control, wonder where he'll end up. Hope Margaux will quit her stupid revenge. Not really sure if I ship Bemily. Or should it be Bemanda? Lol. Well, anyhow, this was one of the better episodes this season. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

• Love 1

This was refreshing!  I really hate the dark episodes....I like Revenge-lite much better.  So this was more my style.  I like seeing the characters interact in a more normal fashion.  It is also a nice change not having Victoria gunning for Emily for once.  

First season Revenge was better because it was usually somewhere between epic homicide revenge and lame-ass incest photo revenge. Emily planned stuff out for weeks and had orchestrated schemes often using a target's weaknesses against them. Now it's just throwing stuff at someone until something sticks.

• Love 3
After speaking with Emily, did Louise just go to the front desk of the mental health facility she checked herself into and say "I'm not crazy anymore.  I'm ready to go home."?

If she checked herself in she could check herself out anytime she wanted.  They can't keep you against your will unless some legal action had been taken or you're a danger to yourself/others.  Louise probably was not stupid enough to check herself in by saying she killed her dad, so she could easily walk out.

Emily planned stuff out for weeks and had orchestrated schemes often using a target's weaknesses against them. Now it's just throwing stuff at someone until something sticks.

What was great about the first season was how detail oriented Emily was.  Everything had been planned and she never forgot a thing, then at the end of the episode you would understand things that seemed out of place earlier.

• Love 3

Does Gina Torres character have name?  If so I didn't catch it or who she was supposed to be..  Is she friends with Vicki's friends?  Obviously she was having lunch with them.  Again Frenchy, go away!